Newcastle United - Liverpool

Aeris

So we are meeting an in-form Liverpool team who currently is 2nd. They are doing great a the moment, overachieving in some people's views, but they have got some solid players in this season, and with Suarez back they must be brimming with confidence. But we are having some of star players in form aswell, Remy is looking magnificent, Cabaye looking to impress, Gouffran the grafter, Tiote is trying his best to come back to where he used to be, and Sissoko has upped his game. I do think beating the second placed team will put our confidence up to a 2011-esque level, which will give the players some new gears to play with.

I really have no idea how this game will turn out though, but I'm staying positive. There is definitely some of our players who can beat Liverpool's defense, but I'm concerned we will have to focus most of our game on helping out our own back four due to their very advanced offensive force.

Sturridge and Suarez are not the most powerful, but they are fast and intelligent so we need to counter that with something. Will Sissoko and Tiote drop really deep, and leave us weak in our offensive midfield? Can MYM be the solution for this game, being our more pacey central defender? Should Santon be dropped for Dummet or Haidara (who is meant to be back for this game) so we'll have a more defense minded left-back?

Discuss

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think Liverpool will stick with their Italian influenced 352 for this game? Seems like a very potent tactic these days, especially when they have so many experienced and skilled central defenders to choose from. What should we counter it with?

They often make us look silly. Hope it doesn't happen again.

This. I hate this fixture (away more so) because of the way we always give Liverpool way too much respect and roll over and have our bellies tickled by them. Nothing but a mullering here for me with typical embarrassing defending.

They often make us look silly. Hope it doesn't happen again.

The last two times I've attended this fixture we've lost 1-5 & 0-6.

I'm not going next week. Absolutely fucking not.

I predict an absolute hammering followed by the press announcing that Liverpool are finally legitimate title contenders. If you look at the teams - I honestly don't think they're that much better than us - certainly not in midfield anyway (on paper). Still though, they always seem to destroy us these days.

Edited by Rayvin

I hate these cunts, they deserve every ill that ever comes their way. Scummy horrible cunts. The Al Quaida of football clubs. I think we can win, you need a big game off Williamson though.

We've looked a good side in spells but still think we're a bit too fragile of a side, can see us struggling defensively here as anyone not backing up their team mates or failing to track back will kill us. Also think the early kick off doesn't help either. I'll be pleasantly surprised if we get the points if I'm honest. Wonder who'll be representing NUFC on the box? My money's on the Chinese ex-NUFC player, Wye-Nee-Fukaman.