Newcastle United - Liverpool

Aeris

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know if the full match or extended highlights are anywhere on line. Missed all coverage so far :(

Match of the Day will be on iplayer but it's very pro Liverpool, as discussed. Not sure when it's on either but worth checking,

BT will probably be playing repeats of the game so keep an eye out for that.

Their second goal was offside by the way. Not Suarez but when he played the ball in to Sturrige it was slightly forward and Sturrige was in advance of the defence.

What was annoying about that to us was that Ben Arfa had been more central and Gouffran had worked his arse off providing cover for Debuchy all game. We switched that round moments before Liverpool scored the second equaliser, easily passing it around Debuchy who was pegging it back while Ben Arfa was a spectator, jogging back down the line.

That's not necessarily to blame Ben Arfa before people get defensive, I'm not saying it should be his job, but we talked about it on here before the game, as a team our decision-making on when the wingbacks get forward and when the midfielders or left/right sided attackers have to cover needs a lot of work.

Suarez really is what's wrong with modern football in one footballer isn't he? Apart from being a vile thug, racist, cheat, and a mercenary who sticks two fingers up to the team and fans who supported him by saying he wants to leave...the heart does sink when a man is clean through and instead of concentrating on smashing it home he'd rather wait for the arm on his shoulder and fling himself over. Is that really how modern footballers are programmed now?

It was a penalty and sending off like, but it's just the whole premeditated 'I'm going to get him sent off here' rather than the 'I'm going to fucking bury this' that upset me about it.

Suarez really is what's wrong with modern football in one footballer isn't he? Apart from being a vile thug, racist, cheat, and a mercenary who sticks two fingers up to the team and fans who supported him by saying he wants to leave...the heart does sink when a man is clean through and instead of concentrating on smashing it home he'd rather wait for the arm on his shoulder and fling himself over. Is that really how modern footballers are programmed now?

It was a penalty and sending off like, but it's just the whole premeditated 'I'm going to get him sent off here' rather than the 'I'm going to fucking bury this' that upset me about it.

Thank you; you've eloquently rephrased the "FUCKGRHRFHHFHCFFREDDYMERCURYCUNT!" which was the best I could come up with at the time.

Match of the Day will be on iplayer but it's very pro Liverpool, as discussed. Not sure when it's on either but worth checking,

BT will probably be playing repeats of the game so keep an eye out for that.

MOTD doesn't seem to be on the Iplayer and I don't have BT.

I'll have to keep searching for a dl.

MOTD doesn't seem to be on the Iplayer and I don't have BT.

I'll have to keep searching for a dl.

MOTD will be available on iPlayer from midnight tonight - the Beeb tweaked the rights deal a bit this season to get that concession.

Who is the most worthy to start the Sunderland match thread?

Who started the 5-1 match thread????

My son was born a few days before that game. He is 3 on Wednesday and once again the derby follows his birthday.

The planets have once again aligned for mackem humiliation.

It is imperative we find "the starter ".....

) Newcastle United 1-4 Liverpool (September 1987)

Shame about Newcastle's capitulation, though. Partly because poor McFaul found himself out of work within the month, undressed by Liverpool again, but mainly because the result denied BBC1 viewers up and down the country a different sort of televisual treat. "If, when the game is over, you sense an interview with Mirandinha coming on, please turn down the volume immediately," our very own Stephen Bierley had advised in the weekend's football diary before the match. "The Brazilian's grasp of English is still rather rudimentary, but his vernacular, courtesy of Paul Gascoigne, is coming on a treat."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/oct/18/joy-of-six-liverpool-newcastle-united

Think this was mentioned a while back, perhaps by Stevie?...Steve Nichol hatrick that day....from right back, 6 goals in 6 games :lol: what a side.

My memory's not what it was but didn't McFaul get sacked weeks after we'd beaten Liverpool at Anfield?

Who started the 5-1 match thread????

My son was born a few days before that game. He is 3 on Wednesday and once again the derby follows his birthday.

The planets have once again aligned for mackem humiliation.

It is imperative we find "the starter ".....

It was Stevie. Really, who else?

My memory's not what it was but didn't McFaul get sacked weeks after we'd beaten Liverpool at Anfield?

McFaul didn't get sacked just after the 1-4 Liverpool game. He was sacked the following season. Think it might have been after a 0-3 home defeat to coventry.

(aye it was around the time of the 2-1 win at Anfield and about the week of Jackie Milburn passing away.

Edited by Howmanheyman

McFaul didn't get sacked just after the 1-4 Liverpool game. He was sacked the following season. Think it might have been after a 0-3 home defeat to coventry.

(aye it was around the time of the 2-1 win at Anfield and about the week of Jackie Milburn passing away.

The 2-1 was October the 1st 88 - I use that and a couple of others for memorable dates on security questions sad bastard that I am.