mackems vs Newcastle United

Brock Manson

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are fucking gash and we've run into something like form the last couple of games. We're both quite leaky at the back, but we can at least score. I think we'll do them by a goal or 2. :nufc:

I was just pointing out he got the format the wrong way round. ;)

In a derby though it could just as easily be either of those scores.

Not true, usually they go to form. Been just a couple of exceptions recently. We should win this comfortably, still stressful though obviously.

Not been around much the last couple of weeks has he?....no Pardew criticsm, no CT?.....

Well we've just had an international break numb nuts and this weekend I had back to back 16 hour shifts. ;)

That said its all a bit pointless commenting too much as it's just a repeat of last year and what looks like another wasted season.

Pardew still can't seem to make a consistent team that is better than the sum of its parts.

I guess I've slipped in to team meh!

Hopefully a good derby win will lift the spirits for a week or so.

Big decision for this game is HBA or no HBA.

Not an easy one given what he is capable of now and again but for me, I'd bring Cisse back in and have Remy on the left, Gouf on the right.

such blatant wummery. :lol:

such blatant wummery. :lol:

I truly don't understand comments like this.

He was dropped against Cardiff because of inconsistent performances, recalled yesterday and played poorly.

I don't think anyone would be overly shocked if he started the derby on the bench.

yes they would, apart from you, because you're an idiot

Drivel. :lol:

A few who only watch HBA through rose tinted glasses might be shocked but most normal fans wouldn't be.

Gouffran can do the Jonas role on the right and attack and score. A lot would much rather have that going into a derby.

Of course everyone would prefer the exceptional Ben Afra but those performances are so rare.

Edited by Christmas Tree

There isn't even a debate on Ben Arfa. The reason he was shite against Liverpool was because he was playing as a lone striker, a role that he can't play. May as well hoy Colo on the right wing and then question why he's struggling.

I understand Pardew's attempt to fit someone else into Cisse's role because Cisse has been out of form for eighteen months (if there even is such a thing) but it can't be HBA. I'd prefer to see Remy up front with Gouffran and HBA either side of him. Or swap Gouffran for Remy if we're really attached to the idea of Remy playing on the left, but Gouffran did a great job there last season as well and Remy is far more a natural striker than Gouffran is.

Remy also did little on Saturday because of the lack of support and supply to him, but I don't see anyone slagging him off for it. I wonder if the (unfounded) criticism of HBA might possibly, conceivably, be slightly directed by an agenda that a poster on this board has, namely to go against the popular opinion....

Ben Arfa is one of our best players and we'll get nowhere leaving our best players on the bench in favour of inferior players. An out of form or subpar Ben Arfa can still pull a rabbit out of his hat, as we saw against Fulham this season and many other times. Not only that, but he loves the Toon and will have a real desire to bury the mackems on Sunday, and he's just the type of player that can put their average, clogging defenders to the sword.

Said more than I meant to now, but the point is that all three of our best attackers should play against Sunderland - Remy, HBA, and Gouffran.

the rose tinted glasses of he's the most techincally gifted player we've had in ages (if not ever) and has more awards/trophies to his name than the rest of the squad combined :lol:

he's also our second top scorer this season and has the most assists, you're a mong

All that matters is whether he plays well or not. He was dropped against Cardiff and we won. He was poor again yesterday.

I would pick the team that played Cardiff with S Taylor coming in for Mbwia.

There isn't even a debate on Ben Arfa. The reason he was shite against Liverpool was because he was playing as a lone striker, a role that he can't play. May as well hoy Colo on the right wing and then question why he's struggling.

I understand Pardew's attempt to fit someone else into Cisse's role because Cisse has been out of form for eighteen months (if there even is such a thing) but it can't be HBA. I'd prefer to see Remy up front with Gouffran and HBA either side of him. Or swap Gouffran for Remy if we're really attached to the idea of Remy playing on the left, but Gouffran did a great job there last season as well and Remy is far more a natural striker than Gouffran is.

Remy also did little on Saturday because of the lack of support and supply to him, but I don't see anyone slagging him off for it. I wonder if the (unfounded) criticism of HBA might possibly, conceivably, be slightly directed by an agenda that a poster on this board has, namely to go against the popular opinion....

Ben Arfa is one of our best players and we'll get nowhere leaving our best players on the bench in favour of inferior players. An out of form or subpar Ben Arfa can still pull a rabbit out of his hat, as we saw against Fulham this season and many other times. Not only that, but he loves the Toon and will have a real desire to bury the mackems on Sunday, and he's just the type of player that can put their average, clogging defenders to the sword.

Said more than I meant to now, but the point is that all three of our best attackers should play against Sunderland - Remy, HBA, and Gouffran.

I'd love to see a happy face graph on Ben Arfas "rabbit out of a hat per game ratio".

As Chez put it so well last week, talk of Ben Arfa being undroppable is stupid.

When's he's poor, he's a passenger we can't afford.