mackems vs Newcastle United

Brock Manson

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only ever say - at work - or with friends ''form goes out the window''.

Well it doesn't & for anyone not on an emotional rollercoaster they are fairly predictable. Which a Journal article covers today - I think they concluded that 80% of derby games go with the form book.

For me it's a defence mechanism .

Actually, joking aside, the team that controls their natural derby adrenaline will win it when teams are evenly balanced. Sunnalun became desperate to win these games and would either wilt or shoot their derby bolt early. Our attitude reeked in the 0-3. I expect us to be a lot more focused and professional this time especially as many of our players/staff/supporters have experience of getting the job done against the wretches.

I wouldn't really say Sissoko has been poor at all - versus expectations yes, perhaps, but he's a fairly functional footballer even when he's not having one of those Yaya Toure days. I think he does a lot that gets missed as it's so uniform.

That said - as mentioned - regardless of Sissoko's form - within reason obviously - Anita is not the man to plug that gap. (in my opinion).

Anita is tidy but in no way the force Sissoko is.

Well that's exactly it - they are completely different players - so whilst I can appreciate the sentiment it's a round hole/square peg situation.

I think because of Sissoko's early form people think he needs to have a loud game to have a good one - which he doesn't. Those days will come mind, but not yet.

This is my view on the Sissoko Anita situation and why I would prefer Anita. (Bloke in the pub view before those that prefer Sissoko get too technical). ;)

First of all, I dont think its a massive game changer between the two of them.

However if we are playing the 433 then we basically have Tiote the Breaker upper / back pass option and Cabaye as the furthest forward midfield First line terrier / creater / scorer.

I then look at it as the extra body in there and what they can offer.

Sissoko unfortunately had that stormer against Chelsea and will be compared to that standard whether it is fair or not. He's barely come close to a performance like that since and doesnt tackle like Cabaye or Tiote. I also often watch him and get the impression he is a bit scared of receiving the ball in tight midfield situations.

Anita just seems a cleverer footballer who is better at receiving and passing and seems to me to link movement better.

Not a great deal in it but thats why I give Anita (whose done well this season) the nod.

I fancy him to score on Sunday. A cut back across the box from Debuchy, Sissoko runs on to it, edge of the box, side foot into the corner. I saw it in a dream but Martin Freeman scored the second one for us so I can't speak to it being a premonition.

martin_freeman_exasperated_by_sisterofwa

This is my view on the Sissoko Anita situation and why I would prefer Anita. (Bloke in the pub view before those that prefer Sissoko get too technical). ;)

First of all, I dont think its a massive game changer between the two of them.

However if we are playing the 433 then we basically have Tiote the Breaker upper / back pass option and Cabaye as the furthest forward midfield First line terrier / creater / scorer.

I then look at it as the extra body in there and what they can offer.

Sissoko unfortunately had that stormer against Chelsea and will be compared to that standard whether it is fair or not. He's barely come close to a performance like that since and doesnt tackle like Cabaye or Tiote. I also often watch him and get the impression he is a bit scared of receiving the ball in tight midfield situations.

Anita just seems a cleverer footballer who is better at receiving and passing and seems to me to link movement better.

Not a great deal in it but thats why I give Anita (whose done well this season) the nod.

They're both not very good tacklers and it's daft saying that you need to be a tackler to play in that position. The best defensive midfielder in the world (Busquets) rarely makes a sliding tackle because his anticipation is so good then he just wins it and plays it on. It's a totally arhaic view that you need to play with somebody like Tiote in this day and age.

No reason why Anita shouldn't be in that position with Cabaye and Sissoko ahead of him.

They're both not very good tacklers and it's daft saying that you need to be a tackler to play in that position. The best defensive midfielder in the world (Busquets) rarely makes a sliding tackle because his anticipation is so good then he just wins it and plays it on. It's a totally arhaic view that you need to play with somebody like Tiote in this day and age.

No reason why Anita shouldn't be in that position with Cabaye and Sissoko ahead of him.

What the fuck do you know Tooj and why do you have a photo of Denzel off 'Only fools and horses' as your pic? Stick to football manager on your playstation.

:unsure:

Nee need for that, CT.

:whistle:

;)

I didn't say he does need to be a good tackler I was highlighting what he does / doesn't do compared to the others to arrive at why I think Anita should pip it.

Perhaps you can give your opinion as to why you think Sissoko should be in instead? What he offers that Anita doesn't?

Off topic I know, but do you genuinely think Busquets is the best defensive midfielder in the world? I honestly don't rate him in the slightest.