Newcastle vs Manchester City

Aeris

I dont think he's a good player lacking form and when he plays he's largely a passenger leaving us 10 vs 11.

Plus there's no need to play Shola as Remy, Gouffran & Ben Arfa have been doing a decent job in the last few games.

No they haven't in the last two games they played as our attacking strike force they scored 0 goals and had very few shots on target. Remy has scored more with Cisse starting than without.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't have taken Shola off last night. Love or hate him that Man City back four were shitting themselves in the air last night, it was probably going to be our best chance of scoring against them. This is why I said we needed to bring in a back up big man up there just to mix up a bit, because sometimes knocking it long isn't the worst idea in the world. Gives you options.

Shouldn't have taken Shola off last night. Love or hate him that Man City back four were shitting themselves in the air last night, it was probably going to be our best chance of scoring against them. This is why I said we needed to bring in a back up big man up there just to mix up a bit, because sometimes knocking it long isn't the worst idea in the world. Gives you options.

The only problem with Shola is that he is in fact shit at football.

There is causing bother then there is quality footbsll and scoring goals. While he sometimes does the former he hardly ever does the latter.

I'm told by the Ben Arfa supporters that his presence alone helps the team even when he's doing very little. If a big man causing bother does the same thing, then what's the difference?

I'm told by the Ben Arfa supporters that his presence alone helps the team even when he's doing very little. If a big man causing bother does the same thing, then what's the difference?

Teams don't use 2 or 3 men to mark shola

Shola really shouldn't still be at the club. He's a cult figure because he's been here so long and he's scored a few goals against the scum. But the goals are appearing less and less frequently now and most of the time when he gets on the field he's absolutely gash. The fact that we haven't replaced him by now says it all about where we now are as a club.

As it was, last night the ref wasn't giving freekicks against him everytime he competed with their centrebacks and he was proving reasonably useful. I didn't really see the point in taking him or Cisse off at the time of the subsitution. I would have kept going the way we were, we were creating at least half chances.

On a different point I see Pardew is banging on about tired legs again. This is what happens when you don't invest in a squad!

Teams don't use 2 or 3 men to mark shola

That wasn't the point though. The comparison was that when Ben Arfa is shite and ineffective (7 out of 8 games) it's ok because he's taken 2 or 3 players out of the game. Fine, don't have a problem with that and see the logic. I'm not a fan of Shola, and David Kelly is right that he really shouldn't be here, but for whatever reason he was causing them bother last night and they looked worried by him. He should have stayed on last night. For once, his presence put the shits up them for some unknown reason.

M'Biwa.Is it every game or just most games he plays when he is at fault for a goal.Even the average Williamson is better.Pardew needs to shift him in the January transfer window ,along with Cisse and Obertans.If we don't improve the team,never mind the squad,come January,we will finish bottom 6.

You don't remember Coloccini's first year then.