Papiss Demba Cisse

Barney

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm giving the owners the benefit of the doubt here that we're actually looking to build on our initial 'success' and make sure it doesn't peter out. Ba may be sold in the summer, who knows, but I genuinely think this is an attempt to pair them together.

Never seen the guy play but enough journos saying he is class to get me a bit excited. Plus I can't see Ashley spending £7m unless he really felt he was worth it.

While I'm tempted to get excited about any decent player signing for us, the doubter in me can't help but think it'd be best to wait until the end of the transfer window and see who (if anyone) leaves.

The transfer of Papiss Demba Cissé (photo) from SC Freiburg to the English first division club Newcastle United is perfect for information from Transfermarkt.de. The 26-year-old striker signs with tables-sixth of the Premier League a contract until 30 June 2017. The transfer fee is around € 12 million.

Cissé was recently emphasized several times in public - want to move to England - despite a contract with SC Freiburg until 2014. The market value of the national player who starts on Saturday with the Senegalese selection against Zambia in the Africa Cup in 2012, is estimated at 13.5 million euros.

http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/perfekt-freiburger-cisse-wechselt-zu-newcastle-united/news/anzeigen_81224.html

Could be the start of something special if he signs and plays alongside Ba. The pessimist in me tells me not to get too excited; this is Mike Ashley we're talking about.

HOWEVER, if this is around £8m, it's not a great outlay on someone so highly rated, not even encroaching on the £35m from Andy Carroll. Plus, knowing Ashley as we do, does anyone really think he's going to allow Demba Ba leave the club for so much less than his true worth? He'll do anything in his power to make sure he signs a deal which does not include a clause to leave for kidney beans. £15-20m and I'm sure he'd be tempted, but not the suggested £6m...

If signed it should be a very good piece of business, looking forward to seeing him play.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing fans to be exstatic when 7.5M out of a promised 35M was spent.

£10 mil.

He's worth more than that. Not gonna happen

what?

:lol: I don't understand how this is confusing people, he's actually at the training ground and we've agreed a fee of around £10m it doesn't matter 'what he's worth'.

Not sure about the number like.....

If it helped to get the deal acorss the line.... why not?

Can't see him being worse/less consistent than Martins.

Not sure about the number like.....

If it helped to get the deal acorss the line.... why not?

Can't see him being worse/less consistent than Martins.

need to avoid attaching a mythic quality to the number 9, we've had some great ones but we've had some shit ones too

whats the point in semiretiring the number waiting for someone "worthy" of filling it?