Papiss Demba Cisse

Barney

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That picture was taken about 5 hours ago! :lol:

So that explains why it's light outside on the picture, thanks for that.

I'm going to enjoy this signing as much as I can because something bad is around the corner.

Random stats according to OptaFranz.

37 - Only Mario Gomez (46) has scored more BL goals in the last two years than Papiss Demba Cisse (37). Departure.

45 - Papiss Demba Cisse has been caught offside 45 times in the BL this season - no-one else has been more than 28 times. Early.

37 - Papiss Demba Cisse has scored half of Freiburg's 74 goals in Bundesliga since his arrival in Jan 2010. Lethal.

His replacement isn't up to much.

4 - Freiburg's new striker Sebastian Freis scored only four goals in 48 BL games for Cologne. Improvement?

Already had someone have a go at me for being excited about his arrival, apparently because "no-one knew of him till today unless they're a follower of Freiburg/the Bundesliga" (something along those lines).

Which is probably true. Most people have no idea who he is or have ever seen him play.

I hope he's great but I'll wait to see what he can do before getting carried away.

So how will he complement our strikeforce/team? What are his main attributes (in comparison to Ba as well)?

I know little about him other than his excellent stats.

Journos seem to be saying hes pretty pacey, strong but not in a battering ram type of way, hes got a belting record too so presumably he can finish

Imperative he's joining a club he wants to be joining and that's been the case for a while now with our signings iyam. Ba alongside him means theres hopefully an even better prospect of him finding a happy home here and being able to focus on his football rather than racehorses or helicopters to Cheshire.

Already had someone have a go at me for being excited about his arrival, apparently because "no-one knew of him till today unless they're a follower of Freiburg/the Bundesliga" (something along those lines).

Which is probably true. Most people have no idea who he is or have ever seen him play.

I hope he's great but I'll wait to see what he can do before getting carried away.

I think most people - on here at least - are well aware of who he is because we were linked with him in the summer.

Even then, the money we paid for him, the shirt number he's been given and most importantly the amount of goals he's scored would give any fan a reason to be excited, would they not?

I think most people - on here at least - are well aware of who he is because we were linked with him in the summer.

Even then, the money we paid for him, the shirt number he's been given and most importantly the amount of goals he's scored would give any fan a reason to be excited, would they not?

I'll wait and see how he does on the pitch where it matters. I'm well past being excited by a shirt number but its certainly something to look forward to.

I'm in the group who has never seen him play, has no idea what he'll be like but hopes for the best.