Papiss Demba Cisse

Barney

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

acn finished for ba and cisse now :faint: think he,ll adapt to the game because of the type of player he is, I think this is where our scouting plays a key role not neccesarily what league your from as you could say metersacker at arsenal shite nd suarez awesome

I've never seen him play and have no idea how he'll pan out. Fingers crossed though.

That's the honest answer that 90% of poster should be giving too ;)

This. He seems to have a huge reputation amongst a fair few posters on here but he'll need time to adjust to the new style of play of the prem!

1 in 2 would be a terrific ratio for his first half season imo.

I've never seen him play and have no idea how he'll pan out. Fingers crossed though.

This. He seems to have a huge reputation amongst a fair few posters on here but he'll need time to adjust to the new style of play of the prem!

1 in 2 would be a terrific ratio for his first half season imo.

Honestly, I have the same hope/doubt ratio that I did for Ba.

Ba was free so the risk was less, and he played well for West Ham before they were relegated, but he had a reputation for having a dodgy knee and Zaki played well for Wigan... half a season isn't proof of anything.

Cisse has cost £10m so the risk is far greater, but he's not played in the Premier League yet and is as likely to be Aphonso Alves than anything else.

Seen him a few times on the telly here and I'm quite excited to have him with us at such a crucial tipping point. ;)

He's faster than Ba1, although Ba1 is more the instinctive finisher imo.

Papiss is a confidence player and when it goes well it goes very well.

I don't want any fucking around these two should start together every game.

http://www.flickr.co...s/40191515@N05/

Pics from todays training

all those photos of players running around, high intensity stuff and then youve got shola stood there with a stupid fucking grin on his face :lol:

:lol: Was just about to put this myself pretty much everytime someone's posted up pictures of training Shola's plodding about, I thought he was meant to be like Ibrahimovic in training.

Cisse can live up to No.9 shirt's legacy - Pardew

Papiss Cisse found himself attracting a crowd at Newcastle on Friday – and that was just his team-mates keen to check out the £9million new arrival.

The latest Toon No.9 makes his debut against Aston Villa on Sunday, with Alan Pardew convinced he can live up to the traditions of the famous shirt worn by the likes of Alan Shearer and Jackie Milburn.

Cisse had a full training session and his presence sharpened up proceedings.

No decision has been made on whether he will start or come off the bench at St James’ Park, but he will play some part.

Boss Pardew explained he did not expect to land Cisse from Freiburg last month and aimed to go back in for the former ­Bundesliga top scorer in the summer.

But he highlighted the Senegal striker’s strengths and is convinced he can add a fresh dimension to the fifth-placed Geordies, who are gunning for a Europa League spot.

Pardew said: “He will be direct, and is single-minded about scoring. He’s shown that already in training. He takes shots early, his hold-up play is good and he’s an all round good player.

“The mood on the training ground was one of expectation. You could see a few players having a close look. Some of them did a light session and still stuck around for a nosey.

"We had [Cisse] back on the training ground [on Friday] and his personality around the place has given us all a lift. There’s been a different flavour on the training ground.

“I didn’t think we would get him in this transfer window. We really were focusing on the summer and making sure we got the right striker. But we heard a little rumour his club would do a deal if the money was right.

“There are certain shirts – No.7 at Liverpool, No.10 at Manchester United, No.10 at Arsenal, No.9 here. So it’s very important that a player knows clubs have different legends and traditions running through them.

“I told him about the No.9 ­tradition the day he signed and he took it in. He’s going to have to wear it and I’m sure he will do it justice. I won’t have another word. I will just let him relax and take it in. He has a lot to take in on Sunday.”

Senegal’s early exit from the Africa Cup of Nations meant Cisse and compatriot Demba Ba were available for Newcastle sooner than expected.

“I’d be surprised if Cisse and Demba don’t get at least part of the game. Our fans can expect to see them.

“Strikers have to be fresh. They have both had a long journey and are feeling a bit tired. So all of my strikers are a bit jaded. I’ll have a look in training on Saturday to see who is the freshest.

“With Demba Ba also being from Senegal it ticked a lot of boxes. They only knew each other from international duty. Demba is a character who is difficult to fall out with. They will strike up a good ­relationship.”

Newcastle’s tactical analysts have highlighted the speed at which Aston Villa break as a major danger, and Pardew already knows what a lethal finisher former Sunderland striker Darren Bent is from managing him at Charlton.

Pardew said: “I know Darren very well. He and Cisse are similar. Both play off the shoulder, are good in the air, can finish right foot and left foot. Very similar. I like Darren. He is a good pro and we have to be careful.

“We have worked out that Villa are the fastest team on the break outside a couple of others, so we will have to be on our guard.

“We don’t want to expose ourselves in terms of committing too many players forward and make it more dangerous than it should be.

“You don’t carry Darren Bent. No team carries Darren Bent. His link up play maybe is not his No.1 asset but he can do it. He played a couple of roles for me and showed that.

“But you want him at the top of the pitch scoring goals, you don’t want him linking play. So no, I have no problem with the way he plays.”

Ex-Newcastle keeper Shay Given will be afforded a warm welcome on his first return to St James’ Park.

Pardew added: “Good for him. I don’t know Shay well but I met him last time we played them and he impressed me as a person.

“His record here was second to none. Our keeper is doing ­brilliantly here and if he can replicate what Shay did here he will have had a brilliant career.”

Asked about Newcastle’s targets Pardew added: “If the season ended now, we would [deserve to be in Europe] but it doesn’t ­unfortunately.

“We’ve 15 games to go, that’s still a huge part of the season.”

Drooling tbf :) Cant wait to see the two of them on the field together.