Papiss Demba Cisse

Barney

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An excellent finish today.

Was right behind it and from the moment it left his foot it was always heading into the top corner. McLeish said if he tried it another 10 times it would have been in the stands.

If McLeish tried it? Yeah, he's probably right.

Edited by hostile_statue

Was right behind it and from the moment it left his foot it was always heading into the top corner. McLeish said if he tried it another 10 times it would have been in the stands.

No, if Cisse tried it. Stop being pedant.

:lol:

oh, too easy. :)

Cisse reminded me a bit of Cole - a bit raw but great instinct - it's fucking brilliant to see a striker who's so sharp in the box instead of the two useless cunt alternatives we're lumbered with.

Still need to create more chances though and we need Cabaye and Tiote back (though Guthrie and Perch weren't bad).

I fear a mauling next week (mainly due to the two midfield absentees) but after that it's good times ahead.

Perch was fuckin outstanding today, and i have been a huge critic of his, but i was pleasantly shocked by his performance today, and for the first time saw a useful player within his game.

They keep banging on about his first touch, looked canny to me he stopped a ball dead that was dropping from above terrace height as well as bringing Jonas' fast cross down for the goal. I've watched Oba Martins and this lads first touch is practically Messi's in comparison.

haha, i said to my mate at the ground today that he reminded me of Oba, only because his leap is phenomenal, however his first touch was immense all game (Oba's wasnt!) so fully agree there

Cisse reminded me a bit of Cole - a bit raw but great instinct - it's fucking brilliant to see a striker who's so sharp in the box instead of the two useless cunt alternatives we're lumbered with.

Still need to create more chances though and we need Cabaye and Tiote back (though Guthrie and Perch weren't bad).

I fear a mauling next week (mainly due to the two midfield absentees) but after that it's good times ahead.

Can see a similarity in that Cole was constantly looking for the ball in behind, and so was Cisse. Very pacey, and showed a few great touches/passes/finishes! As ive said elsewhere he's brave as well.

Demba 1, Demba 2, We've got more Dembas than you. With a nick nack paddywack, both can score a goal, Geordie boys from Senegal

(cheers @Toontastic, enjoyed that doing the rounds on Twitter today)

Werent all the scouting reports basically that he's a pretty poor player but is a fantastic finisher who scores lots of goals?

:lol: That's a direct quote off there btw.

I hate that in a striker mind. :aye:

Going by their current payroll, so do Sunderland... :lol:

Been discussing him at work today. Even without the goal he'd have had a cracking debut. Seems to have slotted straight in to the way we play and is overall contribution was sound.