Papiss Demba Cisse

Barney

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Papiss Cisse mobbed by fans after having £6 haircut at barbers

A Premier League superstar was mobbed by fans after he had a £6 haircut at an ordinary barbers in a terraced row of shops.

Newcastle United hitman Papiss Cisse has scored 10 goals in nine games since he signed from the German Bundesliga, and has fired the Geordies to the verge of European competition next season.

But the £7.5m man, believed to earn at least £40,000 a week, has not got too big for his boots since arriving in the North East.

Rather than use a sparkling salon, he visited The Barber Shop in Felling, Gateshead, which is run by Iyad Attallah, and parked his white Audi sports car, which has his named monogrammed on the wings, outside.

Rather than have the blinds closed and have a quiet cut in peace, the 26-year-old Senegal striker was happy for the shop to remain open.

By the time the trim was complete, about 50 young fans had got word of the star striker's presence and when he left they mobbed him for pictures and autographs, shouting "We love you Cisse."

The commotion was caught on mobile phones and fans posted the pictures on YouTube.

When manager Alan Pardew was asked about the reaction the player caused, he said: "That sounds like the North East.

"I have never had it myself - only one or two turn up when I get my hair cut.

"Papiss has grown into a bit of a cult figure here in terms of what he has done and the way he has conducted himself.

"He is a lovely guy.

"The North East is a friendly place and I think they have welcomed him with open arms."

Just a few days earlier Cisse turned up at the house of a four-year-old Newcastle fan who had sent him a 'welcome' card.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5RaOJKZoiQ&feature=player_embedded

Some quotes from an interview with Papiss from SkySports:

"Some say Newcastle fans are mad but all I want to do is drive them crazy with goals."

"The No.9 shirt offers you the chance to become a legend at this club. I have only just arrived but hope in many years from now the Newcastle fans can talk about a Senegalese player who wore No.9 and scored many important goals."

"In Africa is it normal to see fans in the stands with their shirts off but, with the cold weather in Newcastle, I didn't expect it."

Is it just me or are the quotes illegible? Change the font colour mate! :P

Are you reading with the black background or the white one? Originally the quotes were in black font and would've been impossible to see on this template. Here they are in the other color though!

"Some say Newcastle fans are mad but all I want to do is drive them crazy with goals."

"The No.9 shirt offers you the chance to become a legend at this club. I have only just arrived but hope in many years from now the Newcastle fans can talk about a Senegalese player who wore No.9 and scored many important goals."

"In Africa is it normal to see fans in the stands with their shirts off but, with the cold weather in Newcastle, I didn't expect it."

hit ctrl+F5 now i've made a change

That coloured in the quotes of the message board. I was talking about the Cisse quotes Jon posted in normal text. I guess thats just a problem with the white background like he said then?

• 2 weeks later...