Papiss Demba Cisse

Barney

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Double quote thing?

yeah, i keep getting weird glitches since the board was revamped with quotes appearing twice in the reply box. alex quoted me before i'd edited and cleaned up the text

How you getting along with your baguette filling these days anyway Kevins ?

Have you managed to streamline the process at all ?

Pretty good actually today, thanks for asking. Trying to eat more protein to harden things up, I think I was getting too much fibre with my diet and that was resulting in prolonged wiping issues. Just got to focus on the next fixture now, taking it one shit at a time.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

Pretty good actually today, thanks for asking. Trying to eat more protein to harden things up, I think I was getting too much fibre with my diet and that was resulting in prolonged wiping issues. Just got to focus on the next fixture now, taking it one shit at a time.

Good, good .

Wonderstrikes all round !

This is the worry that someone comes along and says £50 million for Cisse. Ashley could not turn that down.

Thats a hell of a lot of money though. A hell of a lot.

There's no way he meant to score it.

It was supposed to be a pass back to Shola, he accidentally had a shot on goal & perfectly curled it into the top corner.

It's come off his shin aye.

I know he was looking at the goal and shot towards it but he didn't mean it.

Clumsy.

Did anyone notice the similarity between his first last night and his goal against Aston Villa?

He took his touch to tee it up and unleashed it the shot, defenders can't do anything about that and neither can keepers.

For me he's scoring the kind of flair goals Batistuta did in his prime (quick strike from anywhere in and around the box) and there is a touch of Eto'o about his clinical eye as well (Eto'o scored a lot of one touch goals at Barca off diagonal runs, very much like the left foot finish across the keeper). I see him as instinctive. He 'feels' where the goal is where as most strikers need to visualise the strike, Cisse just 'feels it' - no need to think too much which is the sign of a big game player ie he will score regardless of the opp.

More like Cole than Shearer if you want to go that route. But what he does have like Batistuta is 'X' factor - can score from anywhere. He seems to have improved since he came to the PL which makes it all the more amazing. Just enjoying it. The calmness is the key. Right now he is 'in the zone'. There will be little periods when he loses it however and then he'll need to feed of simpler chances.

Edited by Park Life

Seen him play a few times in the Bundesliga. Still think Ba is a slighly better instinctive finisher, but Cisse has quicker movement (and pace) and more 'shit your pants' for opp defences. Very good player. Very good. Not erratic either like some African imports. He's a bit like Demba in that he seem confident and 'happy go lucky'. When these two play together some sides are gonna get caned at SJP....And not gentle like last time.

:)

Think he's a better finisher now btw. ;)

Edited by Park Life

This is the worry that someone comes along and says £50 million for Cisse. Ashley could not turn that down.

If it happens it happens. £50 million is alot

I think Cisse is more of an instinctive finisher than Shearer, who seemed to be able to finish well under pressure, and had mental strength comparable with any of the great athletes in history. It's like if you were trying to have a shit in a baguette: sure, Cisse would get it in the baguette, he'd get it all over the baguette, but it'd be splattered everywhere and wouldn't be presentable as a meal; Shearer, on the other hand, would pump out a perfectly placed turd--and this while a group of homosexual Norwegian men wearing Calven Klein underwear and coated head to foot in vaseline were stood around laughing at him--right bang in the middle of the baguette so you wouldn't be able to differentiate it from a sausage, but for the fetid stench. Clinical.

:lol:

Quite amazing really as football fans how blessed we have been with quality strikers.

Cisse is something else like,

Our strikers have always been reasonable orthodox in technique - very talented but normal.

The way Papiss hits the ball is crazy, especially with both feet, very quickly.

He's hit a few with the outside of his right when he could use his left easier - he knows exactly what he's doing.

Cisse is something else like,

Our strikers have always been reasonable orthodox in technique - very talented but normal.

The way Papiss hits the ball is crazy, especially with both feet, very quickly.

He's hit a few with the outside of his right when he could use his left easier - he knows exactly what he's doing.

Agreed. It's insanity what he sees as he strikes. Could do it in his sleep. :razz:

His first goal for me was the same as the Villa one - which people called a fluke - he tees it up and smacks it like a fat bloke at 5 a side.

He knows where he wants the ball to be so he can hit it.