Papiss Demba Cisse

Barney

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They just did the final qualification draw for the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations, and it's Ivory Coast v. Senegal in a two-legged tie with only the winner progressing to the tournament proper. So at least we'll only be losing Tiote or the Dembas in Jan/Feb, and not all of them.

They just did the final qualification draw for the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations, and it's Ivory Coast v. Senegal in a two-legged tie with only the winner progressing to the tournament proper. So at least we'll only be losing Tiote or the Dembas in Jan/Feb, and not all of them.

[engage resident pedant mode]

Assuming we hang on to any of them.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else see this shite in the Express?

PAPISS CISSE BLAMES ALAN PARDEW FOR RUINING HIS OLYMPIC DREAM

Papiss Cisse took the Premier League by storm last season

Saturday July 28,2012

By Daily Express reporter

Have your say(5)

PAPISS CISSE has said Newcastle manager Alan Pardew ruined his Olympic dream. Cisse is on a club tour to Portugal rather than playing for Senegal.

“I wanted to play for my country, because that is very important to me,” said Cisse.

“But the boss said it was best I rested.”

That's the story in full. :lol:

Top editing by the anonymous 'Reporter'.

If true then fair play to Pardew.

The full quote goes a little something, like this.

"It was difficult. I wanted to play, but I had a discussion with the manager as soon as I got back.

"I wanted to play for my country, as representing Senegal is very important to me, but the manager said it was best that I rested.

"He said it was better for me, and I understood his decision.

"God willing, I will score a lot more goals this season. I scored 30 goals last season, but I don't set targets for the next season.

"Maybe I will score 30 again - I don't know."

Not quite the "PAPISS CISSE BLAMES ALAN PARDEW FOR RUINING HIS OLYMPIC DREAM" line, is it?

• 4 weeks later...

Cisse; “We try play a good match, get wins & we are happy. But the fans are happier. That makes us happier”.

Cisse; “I think without the supporters we wouldn’t be anything. That’s what I think. We try to give them pleasure back through the match”.

Cisse on English; “It’s not about confidence. I try to speak, even if what I say is wrong. I like to be corrected. That’s how I’ll learn”.

Cisse; “Scoring a goal in football is the most beautiful thing. I’m proud to be an attacker”.

Cisse on target for this season; “To surpass 13 goals & the rest, the rest will come on it’s own. We’ll see where we arrive”.

Cisse; “I try to watch those goals all the time & concentrate on the actions, to find shots. I try to refind the feeling of those movements”

Cisse on 13 goals last season. “Yeah, yeah, I’m proud. My goal was to settle in quickly & find shots. So I kind of succeeded”

Cisse on what would make a good season; “Lots of hard-work & to collaborate with the rest of the team. Progress in the competition(EL)”

Cisse on music; “I like Senegalese music. Steven Taylor plays his in changing room. It’s good, yeah, & important to be together as a team”

Cisse on goal scoring; “You can’t think about it. You can’t force goals. All strikers will tell you, it comes natural. You can’t force it”.

"I saw a young boy with his mam on the verge. I stopped & said hey, that’s my shirt. He smiled & I said how are you? He was happy”.

“It doesn’t cost me anything to smile, to say hello, to sign autographs. To make people happy. It’s important the fans are happy”.

Cisse on toughest defender he’s faced; “Liverpool, I don’t know his name. He has tattoo’s & no hair”. (He was referring to Martin Skrtle)

“It’s the warmth of the people which makes this City so incredible. It was my dream to play in England and it's a dream to play in this city”

• 3 months later...

Dont think there has ever been a player I have wanted to see get over his bad patch as much as this lad. Thought he ran himself ragged last night and time and time again was on the cusp of making a run only for the play to go another way. His frustration was clear. Playing like he did last night it is only a matter of time before he gets going again.

His lack of awareness last night broke up a lot of attacks. Needs to look at where the defenders are and stay onside because that chance towards the end of the game was a terrible waste of a move.

Putting himself about a lot which is great to see but needs to get into the box more too. All very well trying hard but we need goals rather than offsides, especially if Ba turns out to be crocked.

never has a player needed a few goals more.

he's a confidence player. i can can see him having having plenty of dry spells like this and plenty of runs like last season when everything he touches end up in the back of the net. badly needs a goal now though. some of his efforts when well placed last night were very poor. he just seemed to want to get his shot away as soon as possible every time he had a chance.

His lack of awareness last night broke up a lot of attacks. Needs to look at where the defenders are and stay onside because that chance towards the end of the game was a terrible waste of a move.

Putting himself about a lot which is great to see but needs to get into the box more too. All very well trying hard but we need goals rather than offsides, especially if Ba turns out to be crocked.

Honestly, there were so many times that he went to make a run from the right and the ball didnt come. Probably wasnt shown on the TV as the cameras would have followed the play, but he was frustrated to hell.

Honestly, there were so many times that he went to make a run from the right and the ball didnt come. Probably wasnt shown on the TV as the cameras would have followed the play, but he was frustrated to hell.

Yes I noticed that, perhaps that's why he was offside more than usual - fed up waiting for teammates to spot his runs so camped ahead of the defence instead. He was playing some very clever balls all game long too.

I reckon he would've buried it if he hadn't been fouled for the penalty.

• 5 weeks later...