Papiss Demba Cisse

Barney

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Anyone that can pick up a language so quickly impresses me. I've been with my French girlfriend for over 8 years and I still can't speak French. I can kiss French but thats it! Has Cisse been interviewed then speaking English?

Looking at the last few games he has come on the last few months. Very important goals.

Apart from his goal against Stoke, didn't he have an absolute shocker? But as long as he starts finding the net as he has done recently, I can put up with the odd poor performance from him.

Apart from his goal against Stoke, didn't he have an absolute shocker? But as long as he starts finding the net as he has done recently, I can put up with the odd poor performance from him.

I think his hold up play is very good but it's goals we need from him.

Despite being gash against Stoke, he still scored the winner. A striker's paradox - if they do nothing all game and score, is it worse than playing well and not scoring?

I'd take that all day long! As I say, if he finds the net, I can forgive poor performances within that. He does have the uncanny ability to score when it doesn't look likely.

I thought he had a better game last night than he did against Stoke.

At least he came looking for the ball last night - dropping deep and working the channels from time to time. He just looked bored against Stoke.

I agree that we need to give him better service though as he's shown that he'll stick them away if you give him good chances.

• 4 weeks later...

One thing that tends to go unnoticed about him from other sets of fans and the media is his tremendous work-rate. As he showed earlier on in the season having to play out wide no matter what he will still put that effort in for the team and it is fantastic to see him get his rewards for it.

One thing that tends to go unnoticed about him from other sets of fans and the media is his tremendous work-rate. As he showed earlier on in the season having to play out wide no matter what he will still put that effort in for the team and it is fantastic to see him get his rewards for it.

Aye, was saying the same myself today. Works in attack, midfield, and even defence, he never stops. In fact, we would have been massively in the shit if he'd been injured more this season.