Papiss Demba Cisse

Barney

Like I said Earlier though, he has the club where he wants it now, making a profit year on year. Why would he sell up? He hasn't sold Sports Direct. It's just another profitable business in his portfolio to him

I don't know, he put the club up for sale in '08 after the Keegan fiasco. And gutted as the squad is now, it's a slow march to relegation. The big questions is, what is he going to do about it?

- Shore up just enough talent to keep the club up

- Seriously try to improve the club aiming for the top of the league

- Look for a rich NBA player, Thai dictator, sheik to buy the club

My guess is the first one, but who knows.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, he put the club up for sale in '08 after the Keegan fiasco. And gutted as the squad is now, it's a slow march to relegation. The big questions is, what is he going to do about it?

- Shore up just enough talent to keep the club up

- Seriously try to improve the club aiming for the top of the league

- Look for a rich NBA player, Thai dictator, sheik to buy the club

My guess is the first one, but who knows.

I think he'll put the club up for sale again due to the heavy investment that will be needed in the summer.

So long as the club is making him money I assume he isnt arsed. Relegation is no good to him as the club will lose money, its advertising platform and attractiveness if he did want to sell. Likely has no desire to try and compete as that takes money, effort and a plan. "tread water" seems his safest bet.

(going from memory)

£134m to Shepherd and Hall to buy the shares.

He then paid off £100m of debt relating to a mortgage on the stadium with Barclays and the overdraft (saving around £6.5m interest each year).

When we were relegated, he increased the loan by £40m to £140m and has been gradually taking repayments to reduce it back down towards the initial spend. The accounts aren't out yet so we don't know what the current loan balance stands at, but I'd imagine it's still over £100m.

Effectively, he's massively out of pocket as things stand.

Remember an article by Shearer last year saying £150 million should be enough to buy the club does that seem right ?

Realistically, Ashley would probably happily sell for £100m but would leave his loans on the balance sheet, meaning any new owners would need to pay £5-6m per year in interest to Ashley.

To buy the club outright and clear the loans, he'd likely want to recoup what he paid, meaning £200m+. That's never going to happen in the current football climate.

Realistically, Ashley would probably happily sell for £100m but would leave his loans on the balance sheet, meaning any new owners would need to pay £5-6m per year in interest to Ashley.

To buy the club outright and clear the loans, he'd likely want to recoup what he paid, meaning £200m+. That's never going to happen in the current football climate.

Do you think if gate reciepts dropped dramatically he'd go for less just to get out ?

Do you think if gate reciepts dropped dramatically he'd go for less just to get out ?

Who knows? Realistically, you're going to need a replacement billionaire to buy him out - in which case I'd imagine he wouldn't want to make a loss on what he paid.

.com saying it looks like he's off to a team in Russia called Rubin Kazan apparently Obafemi Martins played for them for 7 months before joining Birmingham City on loan we're hoping to get him a permanent deal in the next few days no fees mentioned yet.

Jesus talk about bollocks, Cisse with a decent ratio in 3-4 different leagues arrives here plays a stormer and then has a bit of a bad streak and his heads gone down, it's plain and simple just like Torres who had the same problem went from superstar at multiple clubs and leagues and lost his confidence until lately where he's started to show signs of his old self.

But "remy and some lad i've never or barely seen, aye that's going be awesome" fuck me

I feel your angst, but plz dont blame me because you dont understand football. Cisse is no miracle striker like your deluded statements try to make out. Hes completely dispensible. HOpe you manage to get a grip on reality sometime soon. GL!

Edited by TobamorisRevenge

We might as well play Cisse and try and get his confidence back.... Where paying his wages so is a waste to have him sat around playing fifa at home when where short of strikers as it is!!

TPM-CGYoda.JPG

"If you spent less time playing FIFA yourself, improve your grammar a little, you might, young man"

Welcome to Toontastic, by the way. ;)

Despite 'Where' paying his wages, an arrangement I must admit I was unaware of, the kid makes a good point. Cisse is quality so why not just play him now so hopefully he can regain his form for the future. Since you know we are never going to sign a permanent striker ever again.

Despite 'Where' paying his wages, an arrangement I must admit I was unaware of, the kid makes a good point. Cisse is quality so why not just play him now so hopefully he can regain his form for the future. Since you know we are never going to sign a permanent striker ever again.

I'd play Cisse too especially with Remy out but maybe they didn't want him picking up an injury? ;)