Papiss Demba Cisse

Barney

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you look at Cisse's form before NUFC and currently it proves he isn't the worst out there but he needs to get some games under his belt and get his confidence up!!

2003–2004 Douanes Dakar 26 (23) 2005–2009 Metz 95 (36) 2005–2006Cherbourg (loan) 28 (11) 2008–2009Châteauroux (loan) 15 (4) 2009–2012 SC Freiburg 65 (37) 2012– Newcastle United 65 (22

Maybe but I not sure his heart is in it. As it stands, not sure what we have to lose. I'd feel better him coming off the bench than Shola tbf.

I agree without a doubt, when he was playing with BA yes Ba was the better player but he was banging them in and linking up very well together.... You never know him ad De Jong could be a great fit!!

I am honestly convinced he would start scoring again with a decent run in the team alongside another striker.

I am honestly convinced he would start scoring again with a decent run in the team alongside another striker.

We'll have more of a threat than Ameobi as a lone striker I know that much.

It's not going to happened the club seem determined they're getting him a move

AM not convinced cisse has it in him to form a solid strike partnership. However it would have been interesting to see cisse +de jong play together.

It seems obvious his head isnt right, and am not sure thats entirely down to AP. It could be that he really doesnt think its `allahs will` from him to play for nufc anymore because of the wonga thing. Maybe like sampson, canoodling with tyneside blondes has sucked the spirit out of him, and now hes just an ave mortal.

my gut tells me he wont hit the white hot form he had when he arrived....time to move on imo.

He's been sussed, so it's all about the manager's tactics(!) and the player to adapt. Unfortunately, with the departure of Cabaye and the acquistion of De Jong the plan is going to be to hoof it. That might work, you never know.

Now watch his SC Freiburg goals and get the full picture. :up:

He was never going to keep that form up but I would certainly say his form was compromised as Pardew at the time - rightly - favoured Ba and sadly they couldn't form a partnership up front. Not to forget he was massively unlucky last season either I suppose. 7 goals incorrectly disallowed?

The fact that Ba's goals stopped us getting relegated? He scored almost a goal a game ffs and you disagree with the decision to play him there?

Cisse had finished the season 13 goals from 13 games. The switch killed him dead and he is now below Shola in the pecking order.

My memory is fairly crap on a good day but....The two up top didn't work which is why he was shipped out wide. The point is though why alter a system that had worked so well for the previous 13 games.

Because Ba got his knickers in a twist about playing on the left. He wanted guarantees that he'd play central, long before the season started, or he was off. We know how it turned out, but, at the rate he was scoring, and with Cisse looking shot, we didn't have much choice other than to keep him there.

Edited by Inochi

He played about six games on the right, man. The rest were up front with Ba as a two. He'd been out of form for a while before he was switched out wide.

Down with you and your truth telling! Cisse was broken by Pardew and that's all there is to it