Papiss Demba Cisse

Barney

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He needs someone to play off. Looks isolated and has had to feed off scraps the first two games. Carroll probably would have been ideal in hindsight.

He needs someone to play off. Looks isolated and has had to feed off scraps the first two games. Carroll probably would have been ideal in hindsight.

Well he couldnt play off Demba...I think he's got good movement and plays well when our midfield plays well. Some of the goals last season in the last minute were down to him making the same runs as hed made dozens of times during the game where the ball hadnt been put in the right place for him. He's had piss poor service in the Man City game, he was so isolated he ended up trying to play with his back to goal which just isnt his game at all. He seemed not to know where to make his runs on Saturday as there was a 15 stone stationary object next to him confusing the issue. So thats where you get zero shots on target from. If I was Pardew I'd bring Demba back because it would allow us to play shite and sometimes get something from a tight game. The midfield is unable atm to create the accurate service Cisse needs to thrive.

Edited by PaddockLad

It's just not happening for him at the moment, but as we saw two seasons ago, give him service and he's lethal. As much as I'm frustrated at how he struggles to stay onside and is sometimes weak as piss on the ball, I struggle to believe his purple patch was a one off.

• 2 months later...

He looked shit hot early doors.

Bad run of form or do we need a new number nine?

I'm not advocating getting rid btw. It's obvious we need more strikers. We can't afford to lose him. He needs competition. But he'd maybe better as a second or third choice striker

It's pretty evident we need a proper centre forward to many games now we're crosses are going in and we have nobody to get on the end of them. As for Cisse I think it would suit his game better playing just behind a centre forward.

Goals:

8 in 36 PL last year

0 in 8 PL this year

Use in General Play:

Non-existent

Not like he's some young prospect either, snap the hand off anyone foolish enough to bid around what we paid for him before it's too late (as if it needs to be said, with the caveat that we'd buy a replacement)

He has gone backwards. Although it's difficult to tell why. One thing I do know though, he really needs to work out offside. Or someone needs to coach him. We purposely watched him along the line last night and he has no concept of offside. He ball watches and pays no attention whatsoever to where the back four are. It's like he's completely oblivious to it. Scary.

I think Pardew playing him out right just to accommodate Ba, was a big mistake by him. before that Cisse was banging them in from all angles, really feel that shot his confidence. For me, it's up to Pardew to restore that confidence.

Edited by Ausman

Fucked around all last season by the manager.

Playing in a team that couldn't create sweet FA

Confidence shot to pieces.

Having to 2nd guess Ben Arfa

He played up front on his own from Janaury onwards last season...before that there was no room for him and Ba in the same side and Pardew should have made a decision.

Correct about service to him, its woeful and was last season when his goals kept us in the division.

Correct, he's snatching at everything.

He's not alone in that; they need drilling properly in training. The whole side play like strangers at times.

As for being a passenger, I was at Cardiff and again he didnt score but his willingness to make runs and work hard were great. He contributed a lot to that game iyam. He was then dropped, see also Anita post Hull City.

He worked hard last night. I don't know if it showed on tv but he was desperate to try and get involved and always looked willing to make runs and look for the ball.

His confidence is clearly shot and he desperately needs to score a few goals.

I think we probably look better as a team even when he doesn't look so good himself but how do we then fit in Remy, HBA & Gouffran as well?

I think the fundamental problem is that he's a very ordinary footballer.

I believe he went on an outstanding run of luck when he joined. He scored ridiculous goals, not predatory goals.

To me, he's never looked like a striker who will get goals regularly over an extended period.

Offside is not the only problem, he can't hold the ball up, or pass the ball 10 yards, or control the ball with any kind of regularity. Not ideal when you are trying to can't play with one up.