Papiss Demba Cisse

Barney

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was asking during tha game; what's that celebration all about? I don't think it's fascist or anything, but it's a strange one, no?

I was asking during tha game; what's that celebration all about? I don't think it's fascist or anything, but it's a strange one, no?

Borini has his own trademark goal celebration - but it's a bit unusual. After finding the back of the net, the forward will thrust his left hand between his teeth. He explains: "In Italy it means you've got the knife between your teeth - it's when you want to achieve something so badly that you are angry to reach your goals."

He thinks he's a pirate, or something.

Can't quite put my finger on it, but have you photoshopped something into that picture? Is it the sponsorship?

• 3 weeks later...

Glad he scored a goal that relied on instinct and ability and not luck. The old "It doesn't matter if it goes in off his arse" assertion doesn't ring true for me. I think a spawny ricochet wouldn't feel like his goal. That came to him quickly (not convinced HBA wasn't going for the goal himself), it was an instinctive attempt and the relief was palpable.

I don't think this marks his return to scoring with every swing of his boot, but I'm happy for him regardless.

He hasn't changed his style of play with regards to constantly running too early

He broke the offside trap really well yesterday on a couple of occasions.I thought. Should have buried the one where Sissoko (I think) slid it through only for Cisse to hit it straight at the keeper. Promising at least.

I couldn't believe that the goal was given before I saw the replay like. I thought he was off by a country mile initially in real time.

Edited by ADP

The first shot on the highlights (from a cross from the right; Sissoko I think) was a really good attempt, just unfortunate the instinctive shot went to the 'keeper instead of either side.

The first shot on the highlights (from a cross from the right; Sissoko I think) was a really good attempt, just unfortunate the instinctive shot went to the 'keeper instead of either side.

Do you think Demba Ba would have flounced at that like sissy did?

He'd have bust a hole in the net ffs. sissy needs to wake up fast

He broke the offside trap really well yesterday on a couple of occasions.I thought. Should have buried the one where Sissoko (I think) slid it through only for Cisse to hit it straight at the keeper. Promising at least.

I couldn't believe that the goal was given before I saw the replay like. I thought he was off by a country mile initially in real time.

I agree and thought the same. :lol:

Do you think Demba Ba would have flounced at that like sissy did?

He'd have bust a hole in the net ffs. sissy needs to wake up fast

"Flounced at it", behave. He was at full stretch, got a decent connection to it and got it on target. Foot either side and it's a goal. He's done well to time his run and thanks to good positioning by the 'keeper, was unfortunate not to score.

"Flounced at it", behave. He was at full stretch, got a decent connection to it and got it on target. Foot either side and it's a goal. He's done well to time his run and thanks to good positioning by the 'keeper, was unfortunate not to score.

Nowhere near full stretch. one on one with the keeper, should be scoring.

Demba ba would have scored it.

super cisse on target from 8 yards out. well done sissy. decent connection and on target!!!11

Edited by desmondTUTU

Nowhere near full stretch. one on one with the keeper, should be scoring.

Demba ba would have scored it.

super cisse on target from 8 yards out. well done sissy. decent connection and on target!!!11

One on one is, for me any way, when a player is dribbling with the ball towards goal. Not lurching at a cross.

Ba has missed sitters too by the way.

ANyway, you're being contrary for funsies and that's fine, but to be honest Cisse is making the right runs and getting chances so he'll score again.

One on one is, for me any way, when a player is dribbling with the ball towards goal. Not lurching at a cross.

Ba has missed sitters too by the way.

ANyway, you're being contrary for funsies and that's fine, but to be honest Cisse is making the right runs and getting chances so he'll score again.

:good:

Yep.