Papiss Demba Cisse

Barney

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Besiktas are interested in Cisse as a replacement for Demba Ba not sure if they'd be prepared to pay the £10 million asking price though.

That's ok because we'd probably sell him for half that.

That's ok because we'd probably sell him for half that.

:lol: Aye what would they like to pay? I'm sure the club would be open to whatever it is, they just sold a French International and an Italian International for next to nowt.

Considering we are seriously lacking in goals and have a shit selection of strikers at the club then selling our best goalscorer would be just as criminal as the shit show with Mbiwa and Santon last season. I'd sooner rather see the back of Riviere and others rather than Cisse. He fucked his season up with the Evans incident but he will get goals with a decent run in the team, his record speaks for itself. There's definitely a couple of seasons left in him for me.

We'd be willing to listen to offers for any of our players, even if the offer in question came from a tramp holding out a half-finished bottle of Glenfidditch.

:nono:

Hard to compare Charlie Austin in that QPR team to half a season of Cisse in Pardew/Carver teams, and how either of them would perform in a McClaren side isn't it?

Different calibre team mates, different strategies, what effect will the much vaunted coaching that Schteve brings with him have?

I think it is time to get shot of Cisse to be quite honest. He's never fit, he misses weeks at the AFCON, he spends the time he is here and fit suspended, and he offers nothing in terms of all around play. He's a cracking finisher and has let loose a few corking goals that we'll never forget, but he does nothing when we don't have the ball and without quality service he's a passenger. The same criticisms being leveled at the potential signing of Bas Dost can be applied to Cisse.

Selling him without a quality replacement would be idiocy, though, which is exactly therefore what I expect to happen.

Those stats show a clear reason why we would be happy to sell him. He's not available enough to score enough goals and he's playing less and less each season.

The fact that we don't have anyone else who can score means that despite that, we can't really afford to let him go. Unless we sign a proven player I think we'd be mad to take the risk that we'll have no one to score goals next season. But it's more likely that we will take a risk like that than it is that we'll sign Charlie Austin.

Isn't Thauvin more a wide player by the way?