Papiss Demba Cisse

Barney

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These surprise signings are the best, Cisse, Santon, Cabaye, Tiote etc.

Press didn't have a clue til they were at the ground

Aye, makes an absolute world of difference. In actual fact it was another 'club lie' (in a manner of speaking) as they said we weren't getting anyone after Maiga fell through and then promptly went back on it.

Either way though, if we can be spared the standard 'number of targets' 'just got to get it over the line' 'just failed to get it over the line' 'end of the week' 'x% certain something will or wont happen' for weeks on end beforehand it's a marked improvement and makes the club look a lot more serious.

So can anyone itk wet our appetite for what we can look forward too.

Press are saying great in the air with lightening pace. Are we talking Bellamy lightening etc?

Grateful for any insight.

I'm not itk but someone mentioned Andy Cole yesterday and from what I've seen/read/heard that sounds like a good comparison.

Agree, and well done all concerned, but I would like Pardew to removed his tongue from Ashley's clems. "Weww done to Mike oo sanctioned the deaw" Aye a quarter of the money he got in for Carroll. Well done Mike you fat prick.

Pardew keeps mentioning that he hopes the encourage and talk Ashley into spending that little bit extra.

Fair play to Pardew for getting him to spend it. Pardew saying thanks via the press is just him trying to put him in a more positive light to the public.

Agree, and well done all concerned, but I would like Pardew to removed his tongue from Ashley's clems. "Weww done to Mike oo sanctioned the deaw" Aye a quarter of the money he got in for Carroll. Well done Mike you fat prick.

it'd do no good to do it your way though as Barney says, if Pardew bigs up mike to the public then he may be more inclined to let Pardew spend

:lol: Would be class if he'd worked that into the actual quote somehow.

So can anyone itk wet our appetite for what we can look forward too.

Press are saying great in the air with lightening pace. Are we talking Bellamy lightening etc?

Grateful for any insight.

I'm not itk but someone mentioned Andy Cole yesterday and from what I've seen/read/heard that sounds like a good comparison.

I wouldn't say lightning pace but he's quick, Andy Cole is probably a reasonable comparison tbh.

Reconsidering my position on the prediction of no improvement on 12th place of last year.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Like the Doomsday Clock, I'm adding a bit more time to our life expectancy on the back of this news...we'll see how it goes over the next 13 days.

Up until the profitable window closed last year we averaged 1.3 points per game.

After the profitable window closed last year we averaged 1 point per game.

Those extra points would have took us up to 8th.

Up until the profitable window closed in the relegation season we averaged 1 point per game.

After the profitable window closed in the relegation season we averaged 0.73 points per game.

Those extra points would have took us up to 16th.

Buying players rather than selling them is the way to maintain/improve performance.

Fingers crossed.

Edited by Happy Face

Absolutely over the moon with this one - quality signing...

And the fact the Mackems funded his flights over here is the icing on the cake - they must be fucking steaming! :lol:

Sounds like something someone's made up on twitter that's gathered steam. Realistically, if the mackems paid for his flight over, he's getting picked up by a club representative and is spending all day at the SOL, going nowhere near SJP.

Sounds like something someone's made up on twitter that's gathered steam. Realistically, if the mackems paid for his flight over, he's getting picked up by a club representative and is spending all day at the SOL, going nowhere near SJP.

Agreed. But the scruffy penkas are believing it themselves. Whether it's true or not, that's hilarious in its own right!

Fuck me, for the first time in a long time a show of ambition. I'm shocked and impressed in equal measure. Having said that, the cynic in me is still thinking that they've bought him on the basis they know they'll be getting at least £10m back in before the end of the month. I'll not be truly impressed by this till Feb 1st and no-one important to the team has been flogged (ie Tiote)

Is it not still 'undisclosed'? Not that that resolves it one way or another.

Aye, but I thought all reports of £10m were superseded by £7.5m plus add-ons totalling £9m.

Aye, well you might be right. I just assumed it was "£7.5 rising to...(whatever)" as you see quite often. You're prob right that the flat £10 mill figure is wrong like as that seems to have come from some press valuation headline "£10 million rated"

The rumours of Sunderland buying his plane tickets are unfounded, as you can see from the pics here-- http://www.nufc.co.u...2580578,00.html --he arrived via a time-portal device wearing some pyjamas, apparently a relic of Steve Bruce's time as manager. He soon escaped to SJP to finalise the deal.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt