Papiss Demba Cisse

Barney

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some pardew quotes

By Anthony Marshall - Newcastle United Club Reporter

Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew believes there are exciting times ahead on Tyneside, after landing striker Papiss Cissé on Tuesday.

The prolific forward arrived from SC Freiburg on a five-and-a-half-year deal for an undisclosed fee, taking on the famous number nine shirt in the process.

And Pardew is relishing seeing Cisse link up with his new teammates once the 26-year-old returns from international duty with Senegal at Africa Cup of Nations.

"To join him with players like Cabaye, Demba and Ben Arfa - it really does look exciting now," Pardew told nufcTV.

"He was the second-top goalscorer in the Bundesliga last year and he's had a good return already this year, so he's in good form.

"He's a player who plays off the shoulder and wants to go in behind, but he's got a little bit more to his game than that.

"He's a good age, in the prime of his career, and has been under pressure in his career, so will understand it. He will attack it in an honest way, he is an honest footballer and our fans appreciate that.

"I really hope the fans are going to love him."

Cissé will provide striking competition to a United squad which already boasts front men Demba Ba, Leon Best, Shola Ameobi and Peter Lovenkrands.

And Pardew admitted: "It is going to be interesting to see how everyone evolves now.

"Players like Leon Best, Peter Lovenkrands, Shola - there is good pressure on them to produce, and that is what the big clubs are all about.

"You want to bring in new players and then say to the others 'come on then, step up to the plate'.

"While they (Ba and Cisse) are away at the African Nations, we are going to need them to do that."

So can anyone itk wet our appetite for what we can look forward too.

Press are saying great in the air with lightening pace. Are we talking Bellamy lightening etc?

Grateful for any insight.

Seen him play a few times in the Bundesliga. Still think Ba is a slighly better instinctive finisher, but Cisse has quicker movement (and pace) and more 'shit your pants' for opp defences. Very good player. Very good. Not erratic either like some African imports. He's a bit like Demba in that he seem confident and 'happy go lucky'. When these two play together some sides are gonna get caned at SJP....And not gentle like last time.

Press are saying great in the air with lightening pace. Are we talking Bellamy lightening etc?

Seen him play a few times in the Bundesliga. Still think Ba is a slighly better instinctive finisher, but Cisse has quicker movement (and pace) and more 'shit your pants' for opp defences. Very good player. Very good. Not erratic either like some African imports. He's a bit like Demba in that he seem confident and 'happy go lucky'. When these two play together some sides are gonna get caned at SJP....And not gentle like last time.

:nufc: Look forward to the two Demba's ripping O'shea and Brown a new one in SJP!

So I'm strongly considering getting a NUFCTV subscription, seems not that expensive and their content seems to be of good quality. Can anyone attest to this? Is it worth it to see the interview and such?

And I posted this here because what led me to wanting a subscription is the desire to see interviews with Demba 2.0!

Apologies for the double post, but this excerpt from the Chronicle is amazing.

In the days before Cisse’s move to United, the Senegal international had said: “I am flattered by Sunderland’s interest.”

However, in news which will deflate Black Cats fans, Cisse told the Chronicle today: “There were other clubs interested, but the moment Newcastle showed their full interest I was delighted to come – there was only one place for me.

Also, here's another quote from Cisse:

“I have dreamed about signing for Newcastle for a long time too, I am delighted to be a United player.”

He even refers to us as United!!! I love him already, he can have all the syrup he wants!

Edited by JonTheMag

He did say he wanted to sign for Sunderland two days ago ;)

Not quite. He said he was flattered by their interest and would love to play in the Premier League. Clearly was holding out for a move to his beloved NUFC, boyhood club, etc.

;)

:nufc: Look forward to the two Demba's ripping O'shea and Brown a new one in SJP!

HF get your prediction pen out. The Fish: Cisse to score in the derby. 18/01/2012

Good Player, was heavily linked with a move to Bayern here. He was fantastic last season. He started to struggle a bit, probably Freiburg were relying on him a bit too much. If he adapts to English football and rediscovers his best form he will be a big step up from hardly Best and Shola.

Good Player, was heavily linked with a move to Bayern here. He was fantastic last season. He started to struggle a bit, probably Freiburg were relying on him a bit too much. If he adapts to English football and rediscovers his best form he will be a big step up from hardly Best and Shola.

Still got about 9 in 17 this season didn't he?

So I'm strongly considering getting a NUFCTV subscription, seems not that expensive and their content seems to be of good quality. Can anyone attest to this? Is it worth it to see the interview and such?

And I posted this here because what led me to wanting a subscription is the desire to see interviews with Demba 2.0!

You might as well just read the text interview with him. Pretty much everything from his video interview is quoted on there. He speaks no English so you would just be listening to a translator and seeing him shake a few hands.

That's struggling for him. ;)

Ise means his overall play has lost a bit of its sharpness after being so good last season.

Will need a bit of time to really adjust to the PL but expect him to start scoring goals and hit the ground running. The really top drawer stuff will come after a few months and he starts to see what is what.

7 in the first 9 games, don't get me wrong, he is a good player when he is on top of his form

The mackem that reckoned he wasted loads of chances posted something showing he has 9 goals from 60 shots, sounds like he's not too good at analyzing players tbh as a goal every 6ish shots is a good return for comparison David Villa has 18 goals from 121 shots over all the games he played this season (cup and league) and I wouldn't say Villa lacked composure. Seems like a lad just trying to look knowledgeable to me.

The mackem that reckoned he wasted loads of chances posted something showing he has 9 goals from 60 shots, sounds like he's not too good at analyzing players tbh as a goal every 6ish shots is a good return for comparison David Villa has 18 goals from 121 shots over all the games he played this season (cup and league) and I wouldn't say Villa lacked composure. Seems like a lad just trying to look knowledgeable to me.

If he wastes loads of chances and he has scored 37 in 65 games, how many chances are one of the worst sides in the Bundesliga creating for him like?!

Even if the mackem has seen this lad's every match his opinion is as flimsy as any football fan's.