The Chelsea match thread

hostile_statue

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fans who attended were making their own personal tribute to Mike too. All in this together.

That's too harsh. People have decisions to make come renewal time and even though I'm not going anymore I wont call fans who are going for being pro-Ashley. There was no 'personal tribute' made to Ashley by the supporters who went. In the bigger picture they may come to realise that not going is the only thing they can do to make their point.

I might - rightly, I guess - get abuse for saying this as an OOT who rarely gets to home games, but I think on match day a lot of fans are still willing to separate the circus off the pitch from the action on it, if just for 90 minutes. Clichéd I suppose but Newcastle United is bigger than Mike Ashley and I don't think fans should feel bad about going to SJP on a Saturday afternoon to support the team.

To be honest I respect those that go, and respect those that don't.

Loved Anita's celebration after the second.

As for Obertan... he's capable of some decent stuff, and some genuinely amateurish moments.

Far more of the latter. His touch when we ha a chance to break for a third was woeful. His game is 100% about pace, and if he can't run with the ball at his feet at pace then he's not a winger

I'm pretty good at reading lips and what he actually said to Cabaye was "put It near the corner flag and lets get this draw sorted"

Haha, wouldn't surprise me. Credit where it's due though, his game plan sounds like it went perfectly. At least we don't have to worry too much about the next couple of games. Especially given that ManUtd look back to normal...

I might - rightly, I guess - get abuse for saying this as an OOT who rarely gets to home games, but I think on match day a lot of fans are still willing to separate the circus off the pitch from the action on it, if just for 90 minutes. Clichéd I suppose but Newcastle United is bigger than Mike Ashley and I don't think fans should feel bad about going to SJP on a Saturday afternoon to support the team.

To be honest I respect those that go, and respect those that don't.

Good comments. and I agree with your last point....if Gemmil wants to feel differently that's fine but he's chose a strange day to try to rub people's nose in the dirt, fuckin big girls blouse.

Freakin impossible team this :lol:

Was out so couldnt watch it today but it sounds like we really stepped it up in the second half. Also seems Debuchy had a stormer again, really pleased for the lad as he's taken a lot of stick here.

Not going to complain about anything today after a result like this, credit where its due, well done team :nufc:

Good comments. and I agree with your last point....if Gemmil wants to feel differently that's fine but he's chose a strange day to try to rub people's nose in the dirt, fuckin big girls blouse.  

:lol: Chill Winston.

Freakin impossible team this :lol:

Was out so couldnt watch it today but it sounds like we really stepped it up in the second half. Also seems Debuchy had a stormer again, really pleased for the lad as he's taken a lot of stick here.

Not going to complain about anything today after a result like this, credit where its due, well done team :nufc:

Not complaining per se, but it really shows up our inconsistency again. 4 wins, 4 losses and 2 draws now. I don't know what NUFC will turn up nowadays.

Not complaining per se, but it really shows up our inconsistency again. 4 wins, 4 losses and 2 draws now. I don't know what NUFC will turn up nowadays.

That extends to half time, we had some pretty dire first half's that are followed up by stella second.

Colochini returning should hopefully see a bit of consistency.

What midtable team isn't inconsistent? You only tend to be consistent if you're at either end of the table. And games of football will have vastly differing halves until the end of time.

:aye:

Yeahhhhhhh!!!!!

We are da shampions ma fwendssssss....and we'll keep on fightin till da enddddd....we are da shampions...WE ARE THE SHAMPIONS....cuase no ones a loder cuause we are da shampions

....of da worllllllllddddddddddddddd :woot::bunny:

I can't fucking believe it!!

I fully expected to lose ...... I would have been over the moon with a draw ...... is that Mars below me?

Cisse ....... no need to say anything, his performance speaks for itself.

Obertan .... OK he was instrumental along with Anita for Remy's goal but after that ... shite.