Jonas Gutierrez

Christmas Tree

I have to admit that while I in no way endorse CT's mad ramblings, I do feel there's something missing with Jonas this season.

Last season he did a fantastic job in supporting Raylor and in the second half of the season he seemed to reinvent himself in a more central role linking up brilliantly with Tiote and Cabaye.

This season though he's been generally deployed back on the left (not sure where CT got that he was playing on the right from as he clearly wasn't to anyone with eyes) but he no longer seems to want drive forward and link up with Santon like he did with ricky.

His crossing has always been a weakness so there's no real change there but he's not carrying the ball like he was.

It's hard to criticise him too much though given the poor displays or injuries to those around him. Is he having to play to much? Is he carrying an injury (I suspect he's the type of bloke who will try his best to play with knocks while there are others who won't play unless 100%)? Is he just a symptom of the general under performing this season? Or are his legs starting to go?

All of these things are possible (at 29 though you'd be a little surprised if it was the latter) and I do have a feeling that this may be his last season as a purple but I don't think we have anyone who can come in and do a better job than him at the minute. Shane has struggled when he's had more than a short spell, Sameobi is a headless chicken, it doesn't surprise me at all that Marveaux played his best game for us more centrally as he doesn't seem to really be a wide player, and Obertan? I can't believe even CT would make such a ridiculous suggestion. I think he will need replacing from outside the squad and who knows what the likelihood of that is. We certainly haven't been linked with anyone lately who would be a replacement!

A few points of order!

I dont think Ive said Jonas played on the right?

Obertan played well on the left against Bordeaux or Bruge?

Who replaces Jonas really depends on the system. Are we replacing the mazy running Jonas of two years ago or the defensive midfield jonas of last year.

Tbf, Pardew is already going to have a headache when Ben Arfa returns against Fulham following Marveauxs display.

Who gets dropped for Ben Arfa? Marveaux, Cisse, Jonas?

I suspect it will be Cisse as Marveaux definitely warrants another start if we play the same formation, but it may not be that clear cut now that Pardew sees we have the players to play it on the ground.

Depends. Was Ba's err "hamstring" injury last night, at the end of a game he's ran his bollocks off in, slightly convenient? :lol:

If we never see him in a black and white shirt again I'd be surprised, but not that surprised ;)

But Shola will probably replace him...

Who ended up the 3rd man up front last night then?...

I think he was meant to be playing as the right of the 3 behind Ba. It was however his usual sort of right midfield role where operates in front of the left back.

Is this not you saying he was playing on the right?

And regardless of which of your Jonas's is being replaced, I still don't believe we have anyone to replace him.

Obertan's had one decent game among a season and a half of utter shite against a team that give him all the time and space he could cope with. He's shown time and time again that he doesn't have the heart or bottle for the premiership. I personally would be delighted to see him shipped out as soon as humanly possible as he will never make any meaningful contribution to the club while he's here.

Depends. Was Ba's err "hamstring" injury last night, at the end of a game he's ran his bollocks off in, slightly convenient? :lol:

If we never see him in a black and white shirt again I'd be surprised, but not that surprised ;)

But Shola will probably replace him...

Who ended up the 3rd man up front last night then?...

Not sure. It seemed to end up a bit of a mish mash of sitting back as the game ran out and we then went down to 10 men. As 5-0 was one of my bets I was willing all out attack! :lol:

Is this not you saying he was playing on the right?

And regardless of which of your Jonas's is being replaced, I still don't believe we have anyone to replace him.

Obertan's had one decent game among a season and a half of utter shite against a team that give him all the time and space he could cope with. He's shown time and time again that he doesn't have the heart or bottle for the premiership. I personally would be delighted to see him shipped out as soon as humanly possible as he will never make any meaningful contribution to the club while he's here.

:lol: fair cop, rights and lefts mixed up in the same sentence!

Re Jonas, if it was a 433 and Ba, Cisse and HBA fill the front three then there are any number of candidates to replace Jonas in that 3 such as Anita, Marveaux, Big.

:lol: fair cop, rights and lefts mixed up in the same sentence!

Re Jonas, if it was a 433 and Ba, Cisse and HBA fill the front three then there are any number of candidates to replace Jonas in that 3 such as Anita, Marveaux, Big.

I'll let you off if it was just a moment of not being able to get your words out. I did wonder what the fuck you were going on about like :D

I agree if you change back to the formation of last season then Anita would be the player who would most likely fill his role (I actually thought this was the whole point behind signing Anita in the first place and mentioned it when he signed) but it's also more than possible that Jonas could contribute more in the same way he did last season back in that role. The only problem is you get people like my dad complaining that he's not getting down the wing when he's clearly not supposed to be fulfilling that role in the formation. But then again the old man's clocking on a bit and can't get his head round these new fangled formations!

I'll let you off if it was just a moment of not being able to get your words out. I did wonder what the fuck you were going on about like :D

I agree if you change back to the formation of last season then Anita would be the player who would most likely fill his role (I actually thought this was the whole point behind signing Anita in the first place and mentioned it when he signed) but it's also more than possible that Jonas could contribute more in the same way he did last season back in that role. The only problem is you get people like my dad complaining that he's not getting down the wing when he's clearly not supposed to be fulfilling that role in the formation. But then again the old man's clocking on a bit and can't get his head round these new fangled formations!

Son! Is that you?

Obviously Im not a Jonas fan, but I think if someone comes in and does well then you should stick with them in most instances. At Fulham I would go with.

Krul

Simpson Williamson Coloccini Santon

Anita Tiote

HBA Marveaux Ba

Cisse

I think you could find the front four swapping around and causing mayhem.

Seems to have lost his energy and work rate (which Pards covets) from the days he was protecting the full back (Raylor) and making the odd sortie up the pitch. Think it's pretty clear the left side of midfield is ripe for a rethink. Looks like Marv might be a good candidate to play there. Wouldn't say he's finished, still time for a few of his misdirected fluffed crosses that bring amusement and sighs in equal measure. ;)

Edited by Park Life

• 2 weeks later...

Are his legs starting to go or are all the games catching up with him and he needs a rest?

He'd be a big miss. I hope that when he ultimately can't play at Premiership level anymore then we can move him (and Colo) onto the coaching staff. You can tell they have a positive influence in the club that has seen us start up on the right track again.

QFT. Personally I think he plays a solid role for us, but he has been fairly substandard this year.

He's always frustrated me, as I think he would be loved more if he wasn't afraid to shoot more often.

Have a look at old footage of Jonas vs Man Utd when he got here, or against valencia - and tell me he is not but a shadow of the player he once was.

Jonas is finished on this level, only reason he is being played is because our piece of shit manager covets defensive wingers ( an oxymoron itself)

Have a look at old footage of Jonas vs Man Utd when he got here, or against valencia - and tell me he is not but a shadow of the player he once was.

Jonas is finished on this level, only reason he is being played is because our piece of shit manager covets defensive wingers ( an oxymoron itself)

I don't think he's ever lived up to that debut though so it's a bit of a daft comparison. Comparing him to last year would make more sense. He's clearly struggling. I think the reason he's being played though is because of the lack of options but I'm not sure why I should have to explain that or indeed what is the point in stating the blindingly obvious to you.

So you would still prefer a midfield three of Cabaye Tiote and Jonas over Cabaye Tiote and Anita?

Not really. But Pards likes to start him.

Ideally I'd like to go.

.....................Cisse.................

..............Marv.........Hatem

.....................Cabaye............

..............Tiote..........Anita.......

NewLB....Collo.....NewCD.....Santon

Edited by Park Life

Cisse, Tiote, Cabaye and Marveux have been shit so far this season. Sell the lot of them next month and thats a season's champions league money without having to qualify for the fucker ;)

Our books are quite healthy apparently.