Jonas Gutierrez

Christmas Tree

Downing been told he can leave Liverpool

QPR should load their money cannon and get him like. Downing is just another below average player on a monster-salary, perfect for QPR who just love spending senseless moneys...

You could probably count on both your hands the number of assists he has in those 2 and half seasons since promotion. I can probably give you 3 now and then I am struggling. The 2-0 win away at Birmingham, he set up both, and I think he set up Ba for the goal in the 2-2 with Spurs last season.

Yesterday he got into some decent positions, he didn't seem to want to take the defender on. He got the ball in a few times and only really found Cisse at the back post once.

To sum the above up; He works hard but what else does he actually bring? I don't expect him to be a Ginola or Robert etc, but howay man, put a few decent crosses in now and again.

Probably about time we started Obertan ahead of Jonas now. He creates more chances and would also score a few more then Jonas. He also doesn't fall on his arse every time he gets challenged.

Agree. Marveaux deserves a chance too. Both quick, take people on, attacking. Obertan works hard too, he doesn't often get credit for that.

Agree. Marveaux deserves a chance too. Both quick, take people on, attacking. Obertan works hard too, he doesn't often get credit for that.

You're right about Obertan, but one thing I'd like to see more in his game is a bit more physicality. He's a big lad and would like to see him put himself about a bit more. Still quite young like.

You're right about Obertan, but one thing I'd like to see more in his game is a bit more physicality. He's a big lad and would like to see him put himself about a bit more. Still quite young like.

Yeah I'd agree, he has built up a bit in the summer, but he is still a bottler for the tackles. Tracks back and gets stuck in, just doesn't like it when he is the one being tackled.

Was at the QPR game and he looks completely finished. He kills the play most of the time as his legs don't look up to it anymore. When he stops the ball, he allows defenders etc to get into position. We need someone on the left that will run at the full back. Would it make more sense to play Jonas at LB and put Santon at LM? Allow the link-up to continue, which does work, but 9/10 Jonas holds the ball up and allows Santon to run on.

He was nowhere near as bad as people are making out.

He's been getting this kind of shit for his entire stint at NUFC. At the moment he's not up to speed because he's knackered. He needs a rest but given our injury problems that's not an option as no-one else looks ready to take his place.

Not even 30 yet ffs, his legs aren't gone yet. :lol:

He's been getting this kind of shit for his entire stint at NUFC. At the moment he's not up to speed because he's knackered. He needs a rest but given our injury problems that's not an option as no-one else looks ready to take his place.

That's my take on it. A lot of his game is based on his work ethic and he doesn't seem to have that lately. It's not age and if it isn't mental then he maybe just needs an extended rest.

So why is he 'knackered' then if he isn't yet 30 versus anyone else in the team? Based on Obertan's last few performances, I think he deserves a chance over Jonas. I actually like Jonas but he isn't our strongest player in that position anymore. I know the jury is still out on Obertan and I still need convincing, but I need more convincing on Jonas right now.

The Chronicle have a new feature, where by bull nut (he'll probably threaten legal action for calling him that) gives his marks out of 10 for player ratings, but also they publish the accumulative mark for what the fans give him out of 10 too. Ryder gives him 5, and the fans give him 7. I honestly believe that has been doctored, he made 14 crosses in the game, 3 were reached by a toon player first, he just has no quality at the moment. My theory is it was so obvious he had a bad game, Ryder has given him a five, and he's put 7 down for the fans view to make himself look better. Call me a conspiracy theorist but that's what I think. He needs 4 weeks rest now Jonas, he's offering bot all in an attacking sense.

So why is he 'knackered' then if he isn't yet 30 versus anyone else in the team? Based on Obertan's last few performances, I think he deserves a chance over Jonas. I actually like Jonas but he isn't our strongest player in that position anymore. I know the jury is still out on Obertan and I still need convincing, but I need more convincing on Jonas right now.

Jonas is playing shit, Obertan wants to convince and is fast so I really dont see why he shouldnt play... however, he's a right winger, we have to stop playing righ-feeted guys in left roles if they are meant to service our strikers. we only play lefty ben arfa on the right because he's decent with his right foot aswell and scores goals on his own, but he's injured.

Edited by Aeris