Jonas Gutierrez

Christmas Tree

Anyone's who believes Jonas isn't starting because of some alleged deal needs therapy and should probably take up watching carpet bowls instead. :lol:

He's not starting because we're playing really well and he wouldn't get into the 1st team. There's no Earthly reason why he wouldn't be on the bench though.

He's not starting because we're playing really well and he wouldn't get into the 1st team. There's no Earthly reason why he wouldn't be on the bench though.

Of course there is.

Let's to put to one side his long absense due to personal reasons. That leaves a bench that normally contains a Goaly, 2 defenders to strikers and two mids.

In recent weeks the mids role has been occupied by HBA or Anita or Sameobi.

We would all agree that HBA would be there which leaves the other two. Anita is better at the defensive side and Sameobi is better than Jonas if your looking for a late jinky sub.

Of course there is.

Let's to put to one side his long absense due to personal reasons. That leaves a bench that normally contains a Goaly, 2 defenders to strikers and two mids.

In recent weeks the mids role has been occupied by HBA or Anita or Sameobi.

We would all agree that HBA would be there which leaves the other two. Anita is better at the defensive side and Sameobi is better than Jonas if your looking for a late jinky sub.

Except Jonas can play as either fullback, anywhere across the middle and is an experienced head.

His biggest problem is a tubby taxi-driver from mackemland.

The craic about an improved deal seems pretty plausible to me.

I don't get it myself. Why would playing a large number of games secure a new contract for someone who would be 32 when their current contract ends?

Sounds like a crazy contract for the club to enter into, especially when our whole ethos now is to sign cheap youth and offload expensive aged players...not tie ourselves into long-term expensive deals with crocks.

I don't get it myself. Why would playing a large number of games secure a new contract for someone who would be 32 when their current contract ends?

Sounds like a crazy contract for the club to enter into, especially when our whole ethos now is to sign cheap youth and offload expensive aged players...not tie ourselves into long-term expensive deals with crocks.

Aye, this is my line of thought on it too. Either it isn't true, or it's a terrible clause to put in someone's contract.

"He's due an improved contract" was what ewerk said. I haven't read the story from Oliver though, so it may have been phrased differently.

Anyway, anyone who believes that he isn't playing cos of some contract issue needs to go and watch crown bowls.

Happens all the time, all over the Premiership.

Anyone who believes that he has been completely frozen out of the team for footballing reasons needs to watch less crown bowls.

So what you are saying is we are paying one of our highest earners X thousands of pounds a week to do nothing so that we don't have to pay him a bit more for helping the team secure more cash?

Anyone who thinks this isn't possible under our owner or who thinks Gem wasn't taking the piss out of CT needs to take up patterned embroidery as crown bowls is obviously too much for them.

Anyone who thinks that Ashley wouldn't think of thinking this in his darkest thoughts and wouldn't be joined in that thinking by BFJ in his small thoughts or even Pardew if he can get his thoughts to stop thinking thoughts about players wives. Seriously needs to think about thinking of some thought provoking past time which will improve their thought proces for thinking.

So...

From this discussion I'm picking up that Jonas may or may not have a clause in his contract, depending on respective propensity among forum members for sucking crown bowls? Or something...

I have read old Anal's bit and it gives no evidence for this he doesn't even have the balls to say "A club insider". He also goes onto say that Guttierez is worried about not making the Argentina team for the World Cup, That last makes me think it is bollocks.

The Hartlepool Mail (I know) counter quoting Pardew as saying the contract clause is bollocks and says he is just working up his fitness.http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle-utd/jonas-gutierrez-not-being-frozen-out-of-newcastle-united-says-alan-pardew-1-6341718

I have no evidence either way, but it wouldn't be a surprise. There are loads of NUFc contracts with heavy appearance incentives.

Ba's contract was effectively a 100% of his weekly wage bonus for every game he played. Ashley believea goal bonuses give players an incentive to act in their own interest rather than the team's interest.

It does seem madness that he has gone from one of the first names on the team sheet to not even making the bench. It must be a sizeable bonus or wage rise to come close to justifying such a stance.

• 2 weeks later...