Jonas Gutierrez

Christmas Tree

There's no way he's decided he prefers the likes of Marveaux and Gosling.

Whats that got to do with it? Nothing whatsoever. Someone wants Jonas in a deal that suits. He has loaned Gosling, are you suggesting people are queuing up to loan Marveaux but Pardew doesnt want to?

On what basis? Simple explanations for simple events. He doent want Jonas anymore and someone else does.

I have no doubt whatsoever that this squad will continue to improve as it has done for several years now.

We've had a couple of active windows, but since Pardew arrived more often than when windows come around our squad has been depleted in terms of players good enough for the first team.

ofon04.jpg

Overall, would I rather have Ba and carroll than Cisse and Gouffran? I think so.

Enrique, Perch and Simpson over Santon, Mbiwa and Debuchy? Certainly the LB, the CB's...perhaps. Not RB.

Happier with the midfield options certainly.

Not surprised you cant work it out so i will spell it out. No one wants to take Obertan off our hands.

Also, shittest straw man since Worzel Gummidge.

That doesn't explain though why Obertan has been making the bench ahead of Jonas.

Not surprised you cant work it out so i will spell it out. No one wants to take Obertan off our hands.

Also, shittest straw man since Worzel Gummidge.

Charming as always. You really don't like when someone doesn't buy your "truth", do you?

There's no sensible reason for offloading Jonas from our already thin squad.

We've had a couple of active windows, but since Pardew arrived more often than when windows come around our squad has been depleted in terms of players good enough for the first team.

ofon04.jpg

Overall, would I rather have Ba and carroll than Cisse and Gouffran? I think so.

Enrique, Perch and Simpson over Santon, Mbiwa and Debuchy? Certainly the LB, the CB's...perhaps. Not RB.

I too would rather have Ba and Carroll than Cisse and Gouffran.

However, selling Carroll funded the improvements elsewhere. I can't really argue against selling him for £35m.

ofon04.jpg

Why are you confused between Perch and Mbiwa? Perch was a good professional and a utility player. Nothing more. Mbiwa could yet turn out to be a class player. Think people are judging him far too early, much as we did with Debuchy.

That doesn't explain though why Obertan has been making the bench ahead of Jonas.

Yes it does, if absolutely no fucker is willing to even think about taking a player off your hands then the most responsible way to manage that resource is to try and get something out of it. He cant give up on Obertan as he has to keep paying him. He can give up on Jonas as someone else is prepared to take him.

Charming as always. You really don't like when someone doesn't buy your "truth", do you?

There's no sensible reason for offloading Jonas from our already thin squad.

'But Obertan is?' deserved 'fuck off you bellend', i actually replied, think yourself lucky.

We're not thin in midfield though. Players who can play in midfield who are ahead of Jonas: Cabaye, Tiote, Sissoko, Anita, Ben Arfa, Gouffran. Players who can fill a position include Bigirimana, Marveaux, Sammy Ameobi and Gosling. If you put Obertan in that group that makes 11 players who can play in midfield. Thin my arse.

'But Obertan is?' deserved 'fuck off you bellend', i actually replied, think yourself lucky.

We're not thin in midfield though. Players who can play in midfield who are ahead of Jonas: Cabaye, Tiote, Sissoko, Anita, Ben Arfa, Gouffran. Players who can fill a position include Bigirimana, Marveaux, Sammy Ameobi and Gosling. If you put Obertan in that group that makes 11 players who can play in midfield. Thin my arse.

Spot on.

We're talking about wing players here. Gosling and Obertan shouldn't be anywhere near a Premiership football team and then we've got Marveaux <_< and Sammy who's not ready yet.

I must say I really enjoy Chez's needlessly mean spirited hostility. Really adds a sense of life and death to what is an otherwise perfectly mundane and reasonable discussion.

Later at the supermarket when I'm slightly delayed in finding the paprika in the spice rack because of its positioning after the peppercorns instead of before them I will call over the shopkeeper. Mr. Shopkeep will receive an expletive laden tirade for failing to abide by the protocols of herb and spice alphabetizing as outlined by the British East India Company. I will berate him, severely. I will make overt suggestions about his limited mental capacity whilst all the time making reference to my own erudite nature for an easy to understand comparative. Upon departing the store I will mention how the delay endured by me in having to teach Mr. Shopkeep a lesson may result in me missing my very important flight to France where I have to engage in the important business of abusing the maker of a wonky baguette.

I must say I really enjoy Chez's needlessly mean spirited hostility. Really adds a sense of life and death to what is an otherwise perfectly mundane and reasonable discussion.

Later at the supermarket when I'm slightly delayed in finding the paprika in the spice rack because of its positioning after the peppercorns instead of before them I will call over the shopkeeper. Mr. Shopkeep will receive an expletive laden tirade for failing to abide by the protocols of herb and spice alphabetizing as outlined by the British East India Company. I will berate him, severely. I will make overt suggestions about his limited mental capacity whilst all the time making reference to my own erudite nature for an easy to understand comparative. Upon departing the store I will mention how the delay endured by me in having to teach Mr. Shopkeep a lesson may result in me missing my very important flight to France where I have to engage in the important business of abusing the maker of a wonky baguette.

:lol: That was elaborate.

:lol: A stuck-up sociopath.

Whats that got to do with it? Nothing whatsoever. Someone wants Jonas in a deal that suits. He has loaned Gosling, are you suggesting people are queuing up to loan Marveaux but Pardew doesnt want to? 

On what basis? Simple explanations for simple events. He doent want Jonas anymore and someone else does. 

Doesn't matter who was able to encourage offers. He's been selecting worse players ahead of Jonas when available.

:lol:

No need for that shit. Chez would never catch an important flight to France to discuss a baguette. It would be a Pan au rasin instead.

;)

Doesn't matter who was able to encourage offers. He's been selecting worse players ahead of Jonas when available.

That's a matter of opinion at best, he seems like a lovely bloke so I don't want to slag him off too much but he was shite for ages, soft in the tackle and very predictable going forward. At 30 on 60k a week, he was the first player I wanted sold. The only risk is his relationship with Colo but that's no way to run a club.

You like being deliberately one-eyed about things, just thought I'd provide the very straightforward view obvious to anyone looking at it objectively. It makes sense and the situation with Obertan is irrelevant ;)

First player you wanted sold seems hash on a player that only recently lost a first team place after picking up an injury.

I don't think there's any doubt the squad is weaker now he's gone.

But Ashley's shaved 60k a week or whatever off the wage bill, so every cloud. Go Mike

First player you wanted sold seems harsh based on the fact there's Obertan in the squad :lol:

I dont care whatever argument you are making, there's just no justification for playing shite like him ahead of Jonas. Jonas could be predictable, soft in the tackle and have a broken arm and leg, and still be infinitely more useful than the likes of Obertan.

That's a matter of opinion at best, he seems like a lovely bloke so I don't want to slag him off too much but he was shite for ages, soft in the tackle and very predictable going forward. At 30 on 60k a week, he was the first player I wanted sold. The only risk is his relationship with Colo but that's no way to run a club.

You like being deliberately one-eyed about things, just thought I'd provide the very straightforward view obvious to anyone looking at it objectively. It makes sense and the situation with Obertan is irrelevant ;)

That may be true.

Your alternative view assumes Jonas quickly went from Pardew's undroppable favourite, who played every game, no matter what, much to the chagrin of Marveaux and Ben Arfa "fan-boys" to a player that he would not trust on the bench ahead of the worst, most heartless players we have.

I don't buy that.

That may be true.

Your alternative view assumes Jonas went from Pardew's undroppable favourite, who played every game, no matter what, much to the chagrin of Marveaux and Ben Arfa "fan-boys" to a player that he would not trust on the bench ahead of the worst most heartless players we have.

I don't buy that.

Absolutely. Illustrated by this:

Jonas Gutierrez is at a loss to explain his fall from grace at Newcastle which ended with a loan move to Norwich earlier this week.
Gutierrez will spend the rest of the season at Carrow Road after being told by boss Alan Pardew he had no future with the club despite spending five years as a regular in the first team.
Pardew only called on his services twice this season and the Argentinian admits he has no idea why he had not been utilised since the first week of October.
"The manager told me in December I was not going to play anymore and told me to find myself another club," Gutierrez is reported as saying.
"I don't know why it happened and I still don't understand what I did wrong.
"There were no rows with Alan Pardew or anything like that. He just said I needed to leave and that was that.
"I honestly don't know why I wasn't playing, you will have to ask the manager that. He just made his decision and that was it. Something must have happened - but I don't know what."

Horrid way of treating a loyal player.

I agree he shouldnt have been a first team starter anymore. But this could have been handled in such a better way.

Of course we know the club doesnt have any class whatsoever when it comes to money.