Jonas Gutierrez

Christmas Tree

The only question I'd have, though not being his biggest fan, is why he was deemed surplus while Obertan and Gosling weren't but thats down to one fuckwit and not the club as such.

Yeah I personally think he could have contributed last season (had be been fit which he probably wasn't for most of the time) but if that's a football decision then so be it. A lot of other supporters don't rate him so I don't think that's necessarily the club acting badly.

Playing a reserves match less then two months after that surgery is far too soon. Maybe it was his choice but I can tell you now that would have hurt and the club shouldn't have allowed it. Then moving him out on loan to Norwich when he was clearly unfit and needed recovery time (more so especially being a footballer)....are there not supposed to be medicals when joining a different club? The club clearly knew about this surgery and procedure and it feels to me as if they rushed him back even if it was on loan. Jonas would have been told about the chances of the cancer returning. He could have chosen a 3 week chemo course in December to reduce the chances to 1 or 2% but it would have sidelined him for months. I can understand the risk he took to get back playing as soon as possible in the hopes it wouldn't return. I had a 50/50 chance so i took the chemo. Yes, it did ruin my career. My bosses were arsholes too.

Playing a reserves match less then two months after that surgery is far too soon. Maybe it was his choice but I can tell you now that would have hurt and the club shouldn't have allowed it. Then moving him out on loan to Norwich when he was clearly unfit and needed recovery time (more so especially being a footballer)....are there not supposed to be medicals when joining a different club? The club clearly knew about this surgery and procedure and it feels to me as if they rushed him back even if it was on loan. Jonas would have been told about the chances of the cancer returning. He could have chosen a 3 week chemo course in December to reduce the chances to 1 or 2% but it would have sidelined him for months. I can understand the risk he took to get back playing as soon as possible in the hopes it wouldn't return. I had a 50/50 chance so i took the chemo. Yes, it did ruin my career. My bosses were arsholes too.

It sounds like the best actions for his health weren't necessarily taken but from that interview I don't think it sounds like Jonas is suggesting he was forced into anything (the only thing he really sounds a little upset over is losing his place). I agree it seems surprising that he was able to pass a medical but again you have to assume that he did.

Anyway I hope everything is going well on your recovery mate.

From the above interview, it seems as if the club just told him to leave because they saw him as a liability instead of giving him time to recuperate and fight for his place as you'd do with players if they got a serious injury. Harsh for a player who's always given his all.

I know its not necessary thats what exactly happened, just seems that way from Jonas' comments.

From the above interview, it seems as if the club just told him to leave because they saw him as a liability instead of giving him time to recuperate and fight for his place as you'd do with players if they got a serious injury. Harsh for a player who's always given his all.

I know its not necessary thats what exactly happened, just seems that way from Jonas' comments.

I think it's a stretch to read that he was told that it might be best that looked for another club and take it that meant we don't want you here because you have cancer. Players always say they're surprised to hear that they don't figure in a managers plans any longer so what Jonas has said there doesn't come across any differently from most of them.

As I've said, nothing would surprise me with our hiarachy but I think people are just looking for fault in this one.

I might be wrong but I think he'd dropped back in the pecking order since Goufrrans arival into the lots of graft but no end product position.

Actually I am wrong, he'd played in at least the last 10 games of the previous season. That said we were in the best form we'd been in since we'd finished 5th just before he went to Norwich so it's still perfectly conceivable that they just decided he was no longer needed.

Mind you, if he comes out and says he thinks we tried to get rid of him becuase of his illness I'll happily eat my words and believe him over those cunts running the club.

Edited by David Kelly

After being a mainstay in the side since Pardew's arrival it does seem a bit suspect.

That's how I see it as well after realising that he was diagnosed already before he went to Norwich.

A lot depends on how things were explained to Jonas. I don't hold high hopes in Mr Pardew's eloquence and ability of not making a mess out of things.

With hearing his cancer has spread and is actually life-threatening for a player who gave his all for the club, and may have triggered the cancer while on duty, It's really sickening that Jonas will never be given the support by the club like Petrov, Abidal, Hartson etc. was given. The way this club is run I would actually think it's only making it worse for him. The support message from the club was at best very poor. Makes me cringe we threat players this way, and of course must be huge contributing factor to way the morale is extremely low with the players, especially very close friend Colo.

I dont think they deliberately intended to chuck him out because of his illness (I hope rather). But the way things are run here, the priorities that have been set, its completely conceivable that the first thing they thought of on hearing the news is cut your losses. They dont care about the feelings of thousands of fans, as long as the profits keep coming in, so why should one player matter? We're a business, nothing else matters.

I dont think they deliberately intended to chuck him out because of his illness (I hope rather). But the way things are run here, the priorities that have been set, its completely conceivable that the first thing they thought of on hearing the news is cut your losses. They dont care about the feelings of thousands of fans, as long as the profits keep coming in, so why should one player matter? We're a business, nothing else matters.

We're a very badly run business, I thought making a good figure of yourself was part of being a business.

Kompany is a class act, his post game interviews etc he comes across really well everytime

One of those players that everyone says should go into management, but I think he'd be far a better pundit than we currently endure and being good in front of the camera is guarantee you've got the competence to manage a team.

I feel there's less top class players going into management these day, most of them choosing punditry. Why tear your hair out/give yourself a coronary when you can pick up easy money sitting on a sofa? I'm sure the huge sums players are paid now has an affect too.

One of those players that everyone says should go into management, but I think he'd be far a better pundit than we currently endure and being good in front of the camera is guarantee you've got the competence to manage a team.

:lol:

Never heard anyone say it let alone, everyone.

:lol:

Never heard anyone say it let alone, everyone.

We clearly mix in different circles.

Also, shouldn't you tug your forelock when speaking to your betters?

;)

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/9488479/premier-league-newcastles-jonas-gutierrez-thankful-for-cancer-support

Newcastle United midfielder Jonas Gutierrez has thanked everyone for their messages of support.

The Argentina international recently revealed that he is suffering from testicular cancer.

The entire footballing community has been shocked by the news and has come together to support the 31-year-old.

Gutierrez is touched by the messages he has received from his team-mates and fans, and thanked them all for their kind words.

"I am very happy for what the Newcastle fans did, and thankful to the supporters of Velez Sarsfield and Almagro,” he told Todo Noticias.

“I am also thankful to all the people linked to football because I have received very nice messages from them. All this gives me more strength not to give up.

"Many players of the national team gave me a call. Ezequiel Lavezzi and Martin Demichelis knew about my situation since the moment that I underwent surgery. Javier Mascherano, Lionel Messi and Pablo Zabaleta have also given me their support.”

Gutierrez was diagnosed with cancer a number of months ago, but he publicly revealed his condition only recently.

Explaining his decision, Gutierrez said: “Everyone on the streets was asking me why I didn't have hair anymore as I always had long hair.

“That put me in a difficult situation, not because I didn't want to tell but because I didn't want to tell my story to everyone one after the other.

“Since the moment I decided to make it public, I feel much better. I am free and calmer.”

Gutierrez also spoke about his situation with Newcastle.

"I don't want to say if they were good or bad, I can't judge them,” said the former Real Mallorca defender.

“What I can say is that it hurt me very much when they told me to look for another team after that I had the surgery. I had been at the club for five years - that was tough.”

Edited by ADP

"I don't want to say if they were good or bad, I can't judge them,” said the former Real Mallorca defender.

“What I can say is that it hurt me very much when they told me to look for another team after that I had the surgery. I had been at the club for five years - that was tough.”

Cunts.