Jonas Gutierrez

Christmas Tree

you'd like to think they could sit around the table and sort something out that works for both parties, with both sides making some compromises. but our lot don't operate like that. it's their way or fuck all. they're punishing jonas for seeing his contract out because he wouldn't get as good a deal elsewhere.

jonas is still a decent squad player. works hard. i thought he looked canny as a deep lying midfielder. suits his engine and work rate. his passing is neat and tidy and his piss poor crossing isn't exposed so much playing centrally. i reckon pardew thinks the same and would rather we held on to him. shows how much his opinion holds with his superiors. the fucking lapdog.

We missed Jonas in the second half of last season like. Fair enough he lacks goals and assists etc but he works hard & funnily enough he scares others into working hard.

you'd like to think they could sit around the table and sort something out that works for both parties, with both sides making some compromises. but our lot don't operate like that. it's their way or fuck all. they're punishing jonas for seeing his contract out because he wouldn't get as good a deal elsewhere.

jonas is still a decent squad player. works hard. i thought he looked canny as a deep lying midfielder. suits his engine and work rate. his passing is neat and tidy and his piss poor crossing isn't exposed so much playing centrally. i reckon pardew thinks the same and would rather we held on to him. shows how much his opinion holds with his superiors. the fucking lapdog.

Agree, it's a shame they can't try and discuss him signing a 1 year deal without the extension trigger in it, even if it was for a little more money at least we'd get the use of the player. Seems a waste having him sat about doing fuck all, when like you and Tom have said he is a useful squad player to have.

If you are employed on a fixed term contract and then told you have to leave before the end of that contract and earn less money, what would you do. I see that as what is happening to Jonas.

He's a work horse at best and has never set the league on fire, else he would have been sold for a profit.

Fatman wants him of the wage bill as he doesn't figure in Pardews plans (whatever they may be, if he even knows himself, the cunt).

Jonas can sit tight, earn himself a nice little nest egg and then toddle of home and play for his local team in Argentina for a couple of years and live like a king.

The club is at fault not him.

They could even offer him a 'golden handshake' and release him, he's been a good servant, this notion that they "have to be arseholes" is ridiculous. The club are acting appallingly.

I bet treating his mate like this has got our club captain extra-motivated ahead of the new season.

Edited by ClubSpinDoctor

`his passing is neat and tidy' Does that mean he finds his man no more than 10 yards away.If he wasn't on such big wages he would probably leave and move down a division but i cannot see him taking a 90% drop in wages to go to a club where he will get a regular game.I agree the club is to blame for putting that clause in his contract and with Pardew being Ashley's lapdog,he won't go to Ashley and say he wants Jonas in the team whatever the cost.

Shame for HBA, but no surprise for the other two, Obertan has been worse than useless. My mate from manc land actually laughed at me when we signed Obertan.

My dad described him as clearly the worst player he'd ever seen in a manure shirt. I'd now describe him as the worst player i've ever seen in a Newcastle United shirt who's played more than 10 games (obviously to exclude the likes of Fumaca and Rob McDonald who clearly weren't really footballers at all).

Pardew has told Jonas, HBA and Obertan they can all leave.

That's good of him. I wonder if they all said, 'actually we'll just hang around for a bit, ta very much'. Also wonder what he told Ba, Remy, Dubuchy and Cabaye?

It makes you wonder what the scout saw in Obertans because i haven't seen anything in his game which suggests he is nothing more than a poor Sunday morning squad player,and only in the squad when the team are playing away due to him having a car .Him,Fumaca and Des Hamilton as a midfield 3. Not bad eh ?

• 2 weeks later...