Jonas Gutierrez

Christmas Tree

I'm not really sure what the club have done wrong with this like. You could say that they could have paid for his treatment but he is (I assmume being a premiership footballer) a weathly bloke so I don't really think it's out of order to for him to have paid. It doesn't sound like they have put him under any pressure to come back when he wasn't ready and they've just decided he wasn't a necessary member of the team. Throughout it all they respected his privicy.

I'm all for having a go at our current regime but I can't really see a problem with what's went on here.

What has Jonas said that wasn't known before this comment?

It's a pretty straightforward question.

Maybe it's not showing up on tapatalk???

Surely it's easy for someone just to tell me what Jonas has said today ffs.

You'd like to think so wouldn't you?

I can see the link on tapatalk

All I can see "new" is a link posted by ADP yesterday which states that Jonas was unhappy at being told to find a new club after he came back to Newcastle following surgery. This was fully discussed in here on 16th September...

http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/34682-jonas-gutierrez/page-35#entry1300406

And you still went on to say the club had done nothing wrong and Jonas was upset and losing his place.

So I ask for the last time.... What has changed, what am I missing??

The timeline as I see it..

Found out he had cancer and allowed to return home for surgery etc.

Returns to fitness, comes back and advised he wasnt part of the plans going forward

Goes to Norwich on loan

Cancer comes back and newcastle again let him return home to Argentina for treatment.

This was all known two weeks ago and is detailed in this thread. I honestly must be missing something however if no one wants to tell me what it is then fine.

I might be wrong but I think he'd dropped back in the pecking order since Goufrrans arival into the lots of graft but no end product position.

Actually I am wrong, he'd played in at least the last 10 games of the previous season. That said we were in the best form we'd been in since we'd finished 5th just before he went to Norwich so it's still perfectly conceivable that they just decided he was no longer needed.

Mind you, if he comes out and says he thinks we tried to get rid of him becuase of his illness I'll happily eat my words and believe him over those cunts running the club.

What Jonas has most recently said, comes accross to me (and everyone else it seems) as him saying they were trying to get rid of him after his illness. Hence I'm happy to eat my words and belive him as I said I would be.

Maybe it's not showing up on tapatalk???

Surely it's easy for someone just to tell me what Jonas has said today ffs.

Here you go.

"Gutiérrez también habló sobre su situación con Newcastle.

"No quiero decir si eran buenas o malas, no puedo juzgar," dijo el ex defensor de Real Mallorca.

"Lo que puedo decir es que me dolió mucho cuando me dijeron que mira para otro equipo después de eso tuve la cirugía. Había estado en el club durante cinco años - que fue difícil".

What Jonas has most recently said, comes accross to me (and everyone else it seems) as him saying they were trying to get rid of him after his illness. Hence I'm happy to eat my words and belive him as I said I would be.

so just to clarify, Sky sports have finally got round to printing the same story, same words that was discussed in this very thread on 16th.

:jesuswept:

I have every sympathy with Jonas and his illness which will probably end his football career. At no time has Jonas blamed Newcastle for his treatment by the club. All he has said was it was neither good or bad. This is the final year of his contract and if he had played just one more game this would trigger a clause in his contract which would mean he would automatically get a new one. It was obvious that his time at Newcastle was close to the end and to keep him in some sort of condition they agreed he could go on loan to Norwich. Jonas is still a squad player but obviously because of the language problems he chose to have all his treatment in Argentina, which Newcastle agreed to and he will receive his full 60 grand a week up to the end of June this year. Whether fans believe Newcastle should or should not pay his medical bills is another matter. Clubs have players insured but that is usually only for injuries received while playing. Like everyone who can afford it, I would have thought players would have had their own private medical insurance.

What a bunch of wankers. All CT wanted was for someone to answer his simple question. How hard was it to do? Sure, there was umpteen pages on it but come on, does he really have to read them again? The man's on a tight schedule here, there's something waiting in the oven and his camera's charging up as we speak.

:CT:

All he wanted to do was move the rose bush in the middle, push the daisies out wide and lay some new turf for fifty grand a year;

Jonas

Shane Roses Marveaux

Daisies SBR-Charity Ashley-Genuis

£50 Cherry-Tomato

Budgie-RIP