Jonas Gutierrez

Christmas Tree

Addressing the media today, Pardew said: “It’s been a long, long road with the diagnosis he had, so we’re overjoyed.

“We had lots of media wanting to have a piece of that game but we’re trying to give him some space to get back to his best.

“He’s working his way towards that. I don’t think he’ll feature in this Christmas period, but certainly by the end of January and into February, I think he’ll be looking to push on.

“He is fit, it’s just getting used to the ball again, seeing a game scenario and getting back up to speed.

“Where he’s at, he’s actually physically fine. I don’t think it’ll take him too long – maybe even quicker than I’m suggesting.”

Could be back in January. Just in time to find himself a new club.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

:lol:

Carver's getting like Pardew. Can't win either way.

Leave him out he's a heartless twat, put him in and he's a desparate twat.

Maybe that's because he's doing a first class impersonation of Pardew, including constant posturing and self aggrandisement in the press?

I hope Jonas gets a run in the side. Having just come through Testicular Cancer myself after 10 months of treatment Jonas returning would pretty much be the highlight of the season for me.

I hope Jonas gets a run in the side. Having just come through Testicular Cancer myself after 10 months of treatment Jonas returning would pretty much be the highlight of the season for me.

Well played, glad to hear you're sorted.

Good lad. Maybe you could get a run in the side yoursel?