Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United

Christmas Tree

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What has happened to Santon? We has been wank for weeks now. Sissoko was pretty poor today too.

I think in the first half (spare for the time where he very cheaply gave away possession and only Krul spared his blushes) he was quitre solid in defense and had a lot of work to do covering plenty of runs. Perhaps that's why in the second half whenever he had the ball he was slow and awkward, and when defending he was not particularly convincing.

Adding to that - With Debuchy missing next game through suspension I'd like to see Santon moved onto the right and either Haidara on the left, or M'Biwa moved there to facilitate Coloccini's return to the side.

I think in the first half (spare for the time where he very cheaply gave away possession and only Krul spared his blushes) he was quitre solid in defense and had a lot of work to do covering plenty of runs. Perhaps that's why in the second half whenever he had the ball he was slow and awkward, and when defending he was not particularly convincing.

I counted 8 miss placed passes and 2 blocks all game. I don't remember him actually dispossessing anyone. Not to mention his god awful positioning. Gouffran saved Santon with a tremendous performance offensively and defensively.

Adding to that - With Debuchy missing next game through suspension I'd like to see Santon moved onto the right and either Haidara on the left, or M'Biwa moved there to facilitate Coloccini's return to the side.

I agree with this.

Superb first half. Rubbish second. Well not defensively, but we've got to learn to keep the ball in pressure situations.

Loved our pressing on the ball for the goal, almost Dortmund-esque.

What a wonderful little buy Gouffran has proved to be, fantastic all round player :) And the effect Debuchy is having on our defence cannot be underestimated. Wasnt too long ago you could see the 'Simpson is a better defender than Debuchy' comments here :lol:

6 points against Chelsea and Spurs. Didnt see it coming after the mackem game! Lets hope we can maintain the intensity in the upcoming fixtures! Delighted about today :nufc::banana:

Amazing how Mbiwa didnt knock that in the back of the net. He's facing goal, been knocked off balance and still manages to hook it away. Awesome defending.

All amongst comprehensively shrugging off whoever that was trying to follow it up :D

Reminded me a lot of QPR away in the season we finished 5th.

How the fuck we didn't concede I'll never know.

Good shape, high intensity and Tim Krul.

Thought the centre backs both had a good games too. Nothing summed the game up better than Mbwia's goal line clearance.

I counted 8 miss placed passes and 2 blocks all game. I don't remember him actually dispossessing anyone. Not to mention his god awful positioning. Gouffran saved Santon with a tremendous performance offensively and defensively.

You were counting misplaced passes? :lol:

Sounds like you were desperately trying to build a case against your least favourite player.

Yanga-Mbiwa and Williamson looked excellent as a partnership again today.

Yup, the best thing Newcastle has ever done for Williamson is give him a week of sunday dinners. Upper body is a lot bigger now and doesn't look anywhere near as lanky piss streak-ish as he used to. More importantly though, is that he uses his strength. I've slated him many a times on here but fair play like, he's been playing well recently.

You were counting misplaced passes? :lol:

Sounds like you were desperately trying to build a case against your least favourite player.

Wrong. I quite like Santon I just think he has been poor this season.

It wasn't hard to notice how many times he have the ball away.