Newcastle United v Norwich City

Christmas Tree

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might as well continue the running match thread form. :)

Same again (even with Shola) for me. Pointless messing with back to back, clean sheet victories.

Aye, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. But Pardew needs to be pro-active if we aren't pissing all over them by half time. Don't sit on nowts each until the 70th minute like he did with West Ham and Fulham. He's been piping up about the squad depth, so if we have game changers on the bench, change the game.

This will be a totally different style of play. I think Pardew will change it slightly, although as CT mentioned i think even Shola should be starting this one due to two back to back wins to 0.

If there are any changes, then I'd like to see Anita start, as both games he's game on and solidified the midfield. Tricky though as both Cabaye and Tiote have played well.

I can see Pardew bringing in Ben Arfa, athough maybe as a half time sub to have more of an impact against some tired legs.

I would bring in Ben Arfa, unlike Chelsea and Tottenham who like to keep possession. We needed a more defensive line up for those two teams, Norwich aren't the sort of team who retain possession of the ball, so definitely have Hatem attacking them, especially as we are at home. Think it will be 3-0 to us.

Collo to return, MYM to left back and Santon to RB.

No no no !!! The back four have kept two clean sheets against good sides, one piece of that four will be missing, replace only that player, don't change 3 pieces of the 4 for the sake of the one, IMO of course.

We'll expect to beat Norwich. So we'll probably lose 3-0, it's been that sort of season so far :dunno:

yup :lol:

this is a side that beats chelsea and spurs, but loses to sunderland and hull

I'd be intent on letting Norwich worry about us rather than trying to nullify them and play on the counter attack. It would be stupid playing the same system in this match as we have for our last couple of games.

Ditch the 4-4-2 for a 4-3-3 & get at them.

No no no !!! The back four have kept two clean sheets against good sides, one piece of that four will be missing, replace only that player, don't change 3 pieces of the 4 for the sake of the one, IMO of course.

Think the change is due to debuchy's suspension

I'd have Ben Arfa back in for this one. Norwich have a defence that we should be going after. We don't need to play the same way we have in the last two games.

Switch Santon to rightback and play Haidara, Dummett leftback assuming they're fit. If they aren't I'd play Anita rightback. I wouldn't move Mbiwa out of the centre. He's much less comfortable at fullback and he's starting to look like a player in the middle now. It's hard to think of leaving Colo out as he's clearly our best defender but it's difficult to leave the other two out after clean sheets against Chelsea and the cockney makems.

Can't see why we can't go after Norwichs defence with the same team.

Totally agree CT.

No reason we can't play a higher line with more ambitious attacking down the wings using yesterdays personnel. No-one deserves dropping.

Like for like to replace Debuchy and see how the first half hour goes.

If it goes tits up, then swap out those who aren't performing on the day. Players off the bench will be all the hungrier for it.

Shola has never played well for more than a couple of games in a row in his career. I'm certain that if he starts the next game (which I actually think he will as long as he's fit) he'll revert to type and the crowd will be screaming for him to be taken off.

Edited by David Kelly

We can't play the same way as the last 2 games as Norwich won't have as much possession. We can lose to Hull and Sunderland as we are expected to be on the front foot, retain the ball and pass it around. It appears Pardew is more effective setting us up to defend when playing on the break.

Anyway, the set-up, personnel and shape all have to change because getting 11 players behind the ball and stifling Norwich is not an option at home.

Ben Arfa will come back for this one.

Ben Arfa played Hull and was shite. And Sunderland.

The idea that he will terrorise the weaker oppositions when we're expected to play on the front foot doesn't really have that much supporting evidence.

I wouldn't have any great issues with him replacing Ameobi, but I remain unconvinced by Pardew's attempts at 433. Everyone seems to know their roles much better in his 442.