Newcastle United v Norwich City

Christmas Tree

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not convinced Cisse was off there...

Was very borderline. His legs were behind the last defender but because of the angle of their bodies part of Cisse was in front. Difficult for the linesman to call anything but offside.

Edited by OTF

5 mins added time as per normal when we're winning.

Fair bit of time attributed to their player getting stretchered off at the start of the half.

We never kill teams off, I can't remember the last time we put in a convincing 90 minutes where I felt comfortable throughout.

Even the season we finished fifth we failed to capitalise on strong winning positions and we never scored more than 3 in a game (well we beat Southampton 4-2 last season but the fourth was a jammy own goal). We've still yet to since we drew with Arsenal 4-4 (or beat West Ham 5-0, I forget which came last). Really tiring of Pardew's atittude here.

Still, we're 4 points off second and have two winnable games coming up (West Brom and Swansea).

Looked complacent 2nd half but at least we held out, would have been nice to have 3 wins and 3 clean sheets in 3 but I'll take 3 straight wins!

Shola looking undroppable at the moment :lol: hope Sissoko's knock isn't anything as he's been looking better last few games.

Think tiredness was a big factor for some of the players today, a good rest before the next game now. Agree with Chez was really worried we'd slip up today, hope we can keep the run going next week.

Looked complacent 2nd half but at least we held out, would have been nice to have 3 wins and 3 clean sheets in 3 but I'll take 3 straight wins!

Shola looking undroppable at the moment :lol: hope Sissoko's knock isn't anything as he's been looking better last few games.

Think tiredness was a big factor for some of the players today, a good rest before the next game now. Agree with Chez was really worried we'd slip up today, hope we can keep the run going next week.

Aye I thought Sissoko was good today. Passing was better and he was running at people with more confidence. He still gets very confused when he gets into the box though.

Lot more tense that it needed to be but if Cisse's goal had stood (as it should have) we'd have been very comfortable despite the fall off in performance second half and no last 10 minute nerves to get through.

We never kill teams off, I can't remember the last time we put in a convincing 90 minutes where I felt comfortable throughout.

Even the season we finished fifth we failed to capitalise on strong winning positions and we never scored more than 3 in a game (well we beat Southampton 4-2 last season but the fourth was a jammy own goal). We've still yet to since we drew with Arsenal 4-4 (or beat West Ham 5-0, I forget which came last). Really tiring of Pardew's atittude here.

Still, we're 4 points off second and have two winnable games coming up (West Brom and Swansea).

Agreed. Have we ever won by more than 2 goals under Pardew?

But credit where it's due, 3 wins on the bounce, we're currently ahead of Citeh :lol: