Newcastle United v Norwich City

Christmas Tree

If we had held on to our lead against Hull and beaten the mackems, we would now be clear second behind Arsenal. Small margins.

Getting a bit fed up seeing this, we didn't win them, move on ffs.

Beat West Brom and Pardew could be in for manager of the month, when many thought he might be on his way out.

Edited by ULSTER MAG

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just making the point that it's a fine margin between "PARDEW OUT!" and everything being acceptable. Despite all that, we are in a decent place in the league.

I'm well aware that we'll win games we should lose and vice versa.

All teams will and have, with how competitive the league is these days.

We're on a great run with a couple of winnable games coming up. Got to enjoy these winning steaks when they happen.

It's a minor grumble but I too would have liked to see us press on and get the third goal that would have allowed us to play some champagne football. I can see why Pardew has just said to them to sit on the lead, invite Norwich on and hit them on the counter. It almost worked and Cisse's goal should have stood. But by inviting pressure Norwich grew in confidence and we had to endure another nervous close. A nice 4 or 5 nill would have made a pleasant change.

Edited by Dr Gloom

I don't think we were that far off getting a few more. Cisse was onside & I think we really should have put away some other chances.

Cracking shot from Shola mind.

Mag motm result...

45% Shola

23% Gouffran

9% Williamson

7% Remy

6% Tiote

4% Sissoko

3% Mapou

3% Cabaye

1% Ben Arfa

Can't believe sissoko is above Cabaye. Some of the possession he surrendered was non league stuff though he was solid otherwise.

That 1% though? Probably never even watched it.

Mag motm result...

45% Shola

23% Gouffran

9% Williamson

7% Remy

6% Tiote

4% Sissoko

3% Mapou

3% Cabaye

1% Ben Arfa

Can't believe sissoko is above Cabaye. Some of the possession he surrendered was non league stuff though he was solid otherwise.

That 1% though? Probably never even watched it.

thats the player he is. he brings so much to the side though. his off the ball movement is very good and his work rate is superb. copliments tiote in the squad.

For me - in any ground - I like being close to the half way line at a decent height. I think the best seats in the house is the level 7 balcony - at the very front.

cant tell the difference in the players from up there. cheik tiote looks like tim krul for me up there

Should have got a third to kill it completely but good result and another 3 points. Was up in L7 at Leazes so couldn't see the intricacies of Hatem Ben Williamson's step-overs on the byline too clearly, but thankfully MOTD enlightened me.

Edited by ADP

Fair play to Shola like, especially with some of the pathetic one eyedness that goes on with him. Has a cracking game and still get's jumped on and the twat in front of me who constantly gives him shit couldn't even bring himself to clap him off. Absolutely pathetic. :lol:

In control, but we really should should have had a third to kill it off then got the cigars and brandy out. Well played Cisse with the timing of his run for that wrongly adjudged offside goal as well. Maybe, just maybe, he's been working on it? Let's hope so.