US election 2016

Happy Face

It does come across like Parky might have a bit of a boner for the Donald. Hating Clinton is one thing, but I think you might be giving him a little too much credit.

Think this round came a little late for her and over time she's changed. Imo she would have made a good President 5-10 years ago.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's quite the turnaround from Parky.  Before The Don won he was saying that his hands would be tied and he couldn't do anything worse than Obama and Bush.

Now he's in and he's going to be an epoch defining leader.

It's basically the reverse of the noises Trump himself made before and after being elected.

Like others I've clearly been underestimating him. :P

Yeah I dunno if I agree with Parky here. I think the symbol of Trump assuming the Presidency is important and potentially necessary to shake the career politicians and establishment into action for the betterment of people's lives, but I don't think Trump himself is going to offer us a great deal here. He could, I concede - but it's unlikely. The message was more important than the man.

Yeah I dunno if I agree with Parky here. I think the symbol of Trump assuming the Presidency is important and potentially necessary to shake the career politicians and establishment into action for the betterment of people's lives, but I don't think Trump himself is going to offer us a great deal here. He could, I concede - but it's unlikely. The message was more important than the man.

It will be a big step if they at least stop thinking about themselves and their careers for a couple of years. :)

On that, I agree. But what makes you think Trump himself will help the cause? beyond what he just accomplished.

One has to remember that Obama was pretty unknown even up to 2006...His future was changed by just one or two big speeches and against all the odds he beat Clinton and got a fair few things done. There is a lot more he could have done and some stuff he shouldn't have done...But it shows that determination and force of personality (something Trump has in spades) can take you a long way. My main worry was that he wouldn't take all the wheels of the process seriously but his latest conciliatory remarks concerning policy is a hint that he might be be engaged with the seriousness of his position.

If he does cool tensions with Russia, cut back on middle east interventions (saving billions of taxpayer money) and create some hope and jobs in the inner cities he will have started moving America back to a good place. What he does have going for him for now is a spooked establishment who won't want to take him on unless it is really serious.

Edited by Park Life

And what if he builds the wall, deports illegal immigrants, enforces a shut down of Muslims entering the country, starts a trade war with China etc etc? Will America be back to a good place then too?

Clinton had promised to invest massively in infrastructure her first 100 days

The $1.2 trillion of stockpiled taxes the likes of Apple, Microsoft, Google and that owe allow whoever is leader to commit to one off programs but not ongoing costs.

Trump committed to spending twice as much Clinton on infrastructure.

The $1.2 trillion of stockpiled taxes the likes of Apple, Microsoft, Google and that owe allow whoever is leader to commit to one off programs but not ongoing costs.

Trump committed to spending twice as much Clinton on infrastructure.

As well as massive tax cuts. Think I heard that the top 10% will get double figure cuts , whilst the bottom 10% will get 1.5% on average. Factor in massive cuts to corporation tax and the imposition of huge protectionist tariffs and it's BAMFU.

Amuses me that anyone thinks (Parky anyway) this man is going to be a good or even great president.

Yes, his tax proposals are going to massively exacerbate America's inequality problem. Another area where Clinton was much, much more progressive. And Trump is somehow the man of the working people. It's incredible that anyone bought that.

And I'm not quite sure how he's going to pay for it all. The US budget deficit is predicted to balloon under a combined programme of tax cuts and infrastructure investment.

Yes, his tax proposals are going to massively exacerbate America's inequality problem. Another area where Clinton was much, much more progressive. And Trump is somehow the man of the working people. It's incredible that anyone bought that.

And I'm not quite sure how he's going to pay for it all. The US budget deficit is predicted to balloon under a combined programme of tax cuts and infrastructure investment.

I'm also not certain how he'll pay for it, although maybe it's all interlinked with scaling down NATO. I'd imagine that'd free up some funds.

I don't think in anyone's head, Trump is a man of the working people mind. He's just not a career politician. It should say everything about how far our political establishment has fallen that a billionaire is considered to be more representative of the people than a politician.

And what if he builds the wall, deports illegal immigrants, enforces a shut down of Muslims entering the country, starts a trade war with China etc etc? Will America be back to a good place then too?

Obama deported 2.5 million immigrants.

I'm also not certain how he'll pay for it, although maybe it's all interlinked with scaling down NATO. I'd imagine that'd free up some funds.

I don't think in anyone's head, Trump is a man of the working people mind. He's just not a career politician. It should say everything about how far our political establishment has fallen that a billionaire is considered to be more representative of the people than a politician.

Only 19% of millennials voted. Down from 39% last election.

Obama deported 2.5 million immigrants.

What about his other mad policies? Do you honestly think America is going to be a better place under Trump than Obama or Clinton? You're starting to lose credibility here.