US election 2016

Happy Face

CPS%20age.png

20% tends to be the turnout for under 30s in mid terms.

Never been below 30% for an election.

Would be interested in Parky's source like.

It's in that YT vid. He probably meant 19% less voted for Hillary compared to Obama. :)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about his other mad policies? Do you honestly think America is going to be a better place under Trump than Obama or Clinton? You're starting to lose credibility here.

Just showing the facts mate. I don't remember making any value judgements like you and the other political expert on here Reazes. :lol:

The facts are the DNC and the MSM made catastrophic mistakes.

How many people have been deported under Obama?

President Barack Obama has often been referred to by immigration groups as the "Deporter in Chief."

Between 2009 and 2015 his administration has removed more than 2.5 million people through immigration orders, which doesn’t include the number of people who "self-deported" or were turned away and/or returned to their home country at the border by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/obamas-deportation-policy-numbers/story?id=41715661

Edited by Park Life

What about his other mad policies? Do you honestly think America is going to be a better place under Trump than Obama or Clinton? You're starting to lose credibility here.

I wouldnt be surprised if Merkel has deported more immigrants than Hitler since Syria so am not sure what the statistics are meant to tell you without context explanation or thought. 

Apparently the methods are not as nice but i would assume that massive increases in numbers of people migrating would lead to changes in methods. 

I dont know how much of that is true but i get annoyed when i read partisan articles saying in breathless tones that the administration has deported than e.g all Presidents for 100 years. As that just ignores the underlying drivers of the numbers. 

Just showing the facts mate. I don't remember making any value judgements like you and the other political expert on here Reazes. :lol:

The facts are the DNC and the MSM made catastrophic mistakes.

I'm talking about the mad shit that has come out of the president elect's mouth. I've listed just a few of his batshit crazy ideas. Do you seriously think America is going to be a better place under this clown that it has been under Obama or it would have been under Clinton? You're starting to come across like a Trump fanboy. Remarkable really.

That's actually a really good video by Cenk... A first in my on-off watching of the YT.

Yeah I reckon about 1 in 5 are good watches...He goes way off base sometimes...Probably because he gave up that posh job in the MSM to do what he does now.

"Uygur gave his side of the story on Democracy Now!, saying that MSNBC President Phil Griffin had called him into his office in April and told him that he had been talking to people in Washington and that they did not like Uygur's tone.[47] MSNBC denied the claim, saying that "We did have numerous conversations with Cenk about his style, not substance."[48]

I'm talking about the mad shit that has come out of the president elect's mouth. I've listed just a few of his batshit crazy ideas. Do you seriously think America is going to be a better place under this clown that it has been under Obama or it would have been under Clinton? You're starting to come across like a Trump fanboy. Remarkable really.

We don't know yet do we. :lol:

Is this the Brexit spillover argument you want to have? ;)

#Gleazes.

Edited by Park Life

All you can judge him on is the stuff he has said he'll do, not that I'm convinced he believes any of it. But until he u-turns you have to say he's been elected on an extraordinary mandate of divisive policies and there is nothing in anything he's he's said to suggest he's going to make America a better place than it is currently.

I'm not looking for a fight btw, just picking you up in some of your more bizarre claims.

Edited by Dr Gloom

All you can judge him on is the stuff he has said he'll do, not that I'm convinced he believes any of it. But until he u-turns you have to say he's been elected on an extraordinary mandate of divisive policies and there is nothing in anything he's he's said to suggest he's going to make America a better place than it is currently.

I'm not looking for a fight btw, just picking you up in some of your more bizarre claims.

Noted. :)

I think it's pointless foaming at the mouth with reg to Trump we're gonna have to work with him.

Edited by Park Life

Yes. I have no love for the current Tory government but the last time I checked they weren't proposing a shut down of an entire group people from entering the country because of their religion, or punishing women for having an abortion, or building a wall with Scotland etc etc.

So the 200 year old gun laws in the US wouldn't stop you from moving your young family there Gloom but a narcissist who lied his tits off to get to be president and is already going back on what he said in his campaign would? That's just bizzare tbh.

The fact that a racist, xenophobic, homophobic, sexist bigot is in the White House is putting me off the move, yeah. It's not that bizarre when you say it out loud.

You'll not experience any of that really, most of that out and loud stuff is in the deep south and it was San Fran you were possibly going to wasn't it? California went Dem by over 60%, you'd love it man, you'll be wearing one of those Patagonia fleece vests over your shirt like the rest of the San Fran lot within a week of being there.

Edited by Howay

I'd move there in a heartbeat. Best country in the world by miles.

USA! USA! Number one, baby!!!

Anyway, apparently part of this wall is going to be a fence. Which isn't quite the same thing as a wall.

As expected he's really diluting his pre-election promises.

Best music, best films, best TV, coolest cities, most free speech, best quality healthcare, best theme parks, best national parks, best coastlines, best weather etc.

Best music. No

best films. Relevance? Do you need to live there to watch the films?

best TV,. Ditto.

coolest cities. No.

most free speech. What?

best quality healthcare. If you can afford it maybe but even then I'd str9ngly disagree, for loads of reasons.

best theme parks. Is that really a reason?

best national parks. Debatable and irrelevant unless you're planning to live in one.

best coastlines. In what way?

best weather. The US is a huge place so it depends on the weather you like and where you're located. Personally I rate the variability of our own weather.

There's a hell of a lot of negatives as well, but since I don't agree with the positives I'll not bother. Surprised though you missed out the only positive I can think of which is bigger salaries and less taxation. Iirc the US does very badly in quality of life stakes compared to a lot of Europe though.