US election 2016

Happy Face

You seem to be supporting Trump and his nutjob affiliates, it was the logical conclusion to reach :lol:

Nah. You lot have jumped on me because you are intellectually lazy.

Boom! :)

I will always argue for the far right or whomever to have a platform. Otherwise we become as bad as them....And then stuff like Brexit happens because things weren't dicussed.

If the MSM in America had for one moment opened up the debate Trump might not have won....

Edited by Park Life

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard there's a group of Nazis who live in Germany as if the 3rd Reich was never defeated. They are considered the loony fringe by AfD :lol:

Are they the ones who refuse to recognise the legitimacy of the current German state while happily claiming unemployment benefit from it? They're fun. :lol:

Nah. You lot have jumped on me because you are intellectually lazy.

Boom! :)

I will always argue for the far right or whomever to have a platform. Otherwise we become as bad as them....And then stuff like Brexit happens because things weren't dicussed.

If the MSM in America had for one moment opened up the debate Trump might not have won....

I'm sorry but this is drivel. Did you not see how much airtime he received? Edited by Dr Gloom

I'm sorry but this is drivel. Did you not see how much airtime he received?

Yeah but most of it was around persona and misogyny and tax very rarely was his policies discussed and very rarely was anyone from the emerging protest vote (probably never) given airtime and their grievances discussed. They rushed to the polls because frankly they worked out nobody was listening to them.

Hundreds of farmers in the mid-West have lost their farms due to pressure from Agribusiness (bayer and Synegy) and seed prices and fertilizer scams. Thousands of farmers in India have committed suicide.

The MSM never ever dealt with these issues. I'm afraid the core Trump vote you'll find isn't just right wing anti-immigration nutters. ;)

iirc 42% of Americans are on food stamp or other social welfare programmes.

Black prison population is over 50% or something ridiculous.

Unemployment in some states runs at over 30%....These are all legitimate concerns.

I simply will not allow the debate to descend into Bannon said something nasty to his wife once. :jonas:

Edited by Park Life

Lets be clear here. Breitbart and Bannon are dangerous. He is a racist and his site publishes fake news. I think there is a lot of propaganda and mis information in Syria but the right are hard at work spinning everything Trump does and says and have been for the last 9 months. They are expert at defending against grabbing pussy and being supported by the KKK, appointing Bannon is a walk in the park for them spin wise. 

Fake news? Do they? I've seen a lot of things thrown at them but not that one. Like what?

Yeah but most of it was around persona and misogyny and tax very rarely was his policies discussed and very rarely was anyone from the emerging protest vote (probably never) given airtime and their grievances discussed. They rushed to the polls because frankly they worked out nobody was listening to them.

What policies? :lol:

It was mostly meaningless sound bites, with zero substance, and he frequently contradicted himself and told blatant lies. I think he was given a more than fair platform.

Its all fake Rayvin. If the MSM presents a fake narrative then everything you read is fake too. Nothing is real, just the force of your rhetoric and place in which it can land. 

:lol: Great line.

The MSM doesn't have fake narratives, they have very real narratives. They're just not all encompassing and often hypocritical. Agree that nothing is real ;)

Its all fake Rayvin. If the MSM presents a fake narrative then everything you read is fake too. Nothing is real, just the force of your rhetoric and place in which it can land. 

Now we're getting somewhere. :)

iirc 42% of Americans are on food stamp or other social welfare programmes.

Roughly one-fifth of the U.S. population, or 52.2 million people, received some kind of means-tested public assistance every month. About 15% of the population was receiving Medicaid and 13% were on food stamps. Just 1% were getting cash benefits through TANF or General Assistance.

Black prison population is over 50% or something ridiculous.

Approximately 12–13% of the American population is African-American, but they make up 35% of jail inmates

Unemployment in some states runs at over 30%

In September 2016, South Dakota had the lowest unemployment rate in the United States. 2.9 percent of the population of South Dakota were unemployed that month. The highest unemployment rate was recorded in Alaska, with 6.9 percent unemployment rate.

You're just making it all up at this point aren't you?

You were bound to get one right eventually.

Yeah cause the Govt. wouldn't be lying about unemployment rates. :lol:

Real Unemployment Rate Formula Using Current Statistics

In October, the real unemployment rate (U-6) was 9.5%. That's double the widely-reported unemployment rate (U-3) of 4.9%.  Here's how to calculate both:

Step 1. Calculate the official unemployment rate: 

U-3 = 7.787 million unemployed workers / 159.712 million in the labor force = 4.9%.

Step 2. Add in marginally attached workers: There were 1.700 million people who were marginally attached to the labor force. Add this to both the number of unemployed and the labor force.

U-5 = 9.487 million / 161.412 million = 5.9%.

Step 3. Add in part-time workers: There were 5.889 million people who were working part-time because they couldn't get full-time work, although they'd prefer it. Add them to the unemployed, they're already in the labor force.

U-6 =  15.376 million / 161.412 million = 9.5%(Source: "Table A-15," Bureau of Labor Statistics.)

Edited by Park Life

Yeah cause the Govt. wouldn't be lying about unemployment rates. :lol:

Real Unemployment Rate Formula Using Current Statistics

In October, the real unemployment rate (U-6) was 9.5%. That's double the widely-reported unemployment rate (U-3) of 4.9%.  Here's how to calculate both:

Step 1. Calculate the official unemployment rate: 

U-3 = 7.787 million unemployed workers / 159.712 million in the labor force = 4.9%.

Step 2. Add in marginally attached workers: There were 1.700 million people who were marginally attached to the labor force. Add this to both the number of unemployed and the labor force.

U-5 = 9.487 million / 161.412 million = 5.9%.

Step 3. Add in part-time workers: There were 5.889 million people who were working part-time because they couldn't get full-time work, although they'd prefer it. Add them to the unemployed, they're already in the labor force.

U-6 =  15.376 million / 161.412 million = 9.5%(Source: "Table A-15," Bureau of Labor Statistics.)

Yeah, if the figures don't match your agenda of course you can fiddle them until they do.

I still can't make up my mind if Trump never expected to win, and therefore never expected to have to live up to his promises (and is therefore scrambling around for anyone at all to help him, abandoning his rhetoric all over the place), or if he is quite as two faced as it seems...

It is nice to see that some sectors of the media establishment are starting to confront the message behind Trump now, rather than the man himself.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/nov/16/globalization-trump-inequality-thomas-piketty

Rising inequality was always the issue in my view, especially in an austerity ravaged economic landscape. The people needed to send a message, the message is sent and, fortunately, appears to be received. Now we just have to endure 4 years of Trump and hope that this gives the left enough time to put together something coherent as an alternative.

15109342_10155340692582908_1027216045016

Joshua Wright from Google too. In charge of transition efforts at the Federal Trade Commission.

https://theintercept.com/2016/11/15/google-gets-a-seat-on-the-trump-transition-team/

After their close work with Obama's white House and Clinton's campaign you'd think Google and Trump would be slightly embarrased to so quickly embrace each other.

Joshua Wright from Google too. In charge of transition efforts at the Federal Trade Commission.

https://theintercept.com/2016/11/15/google-gets-a-seat-on-the-trump-transition-team/

After their close work with Obama's white House and Clinton's campaign you'd think Google and Trump would be slightly embarrased to so quickly embrace each other.

I think that just tells us that Google's priorities are to be in bed with literally whoever they need to be.