US election 2016

Happy Face

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I...see...

The religious bit makes more sense in terms of voter appeal. Still a rather bizarre election campaign in terms of the challengers. Does all this noise just mean it'll be Hillary in the end, or does Trump actually stand a chance?

Bizarre is putting it mildly. All of the challengers in the Republican side of things are either lacklustre or just plain ridiculous. As for the Democrat side... Bernie Sanders is giving Hillary a race and it wouldn't be a surprise if he gets the party nomination.

Here is a video of Ted Cruz. Another Republican front runner who is coming second to Trump in the majority of the polls... cooking streaky bacon by means of a machine gun. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/EaZGaJrd3x8

(apologies as I don't know how to embed the video into the post)

Edited by AmericanMag

I...see...

The religious bit makes more sense in terms of voter appeal. Still a rather bizarre election campaign in terms of the challengers. Does all this noise just mean it'll be Hillary in the end, or does Trump actually stand a chance?

It's Hilary. Gemmill knows NOTHING.

The problem is there are too many 'moderate' republicans spreading the vote too thin. They need a few to drop out of the race so they can unite behind one sensible candidate to counter the populist nonsense that Trump and Cruz are coming out with.

I can see Sanders getting the nomination

Damn it feels good to be a Clinton.

A shameless politician plays her cards right.

Got a crew for the fights on the airwaves.

Lap dogs in the press keep their mouths tight.

Cause a Clinton never needs to explain what.

Why it is what theyve done or with who.

A real Clinton knows theyre entitled.

You dont get to know what they do.

What difference does it make for a Clinton.

Whats loaded in some fat oppo file.

A Clinton plays the victim for promotion.

A Clinton kills it off with a smile.

A server full of secrets aint no thing.

Nothing ever hits with a sting.

Activist Erica Garner, the daughter of Eric Garner, released an endorsement for Bernie. It is a powerful video which will sway many young African-American voters.

I doin't get why blacks seem to prefer Clinton so far - especially if its by association with Obama considering she ran against him with quite a negative campaign.

Trump:

"If and when the Vatican is attacked by ISIS, which as everyone knows is ISISs ultimate trophy, I can promise you that the Pope would have only wished and prayed that Donald Trump would have been President because this would not have happened. ISIS would have been eradicated unlike what is happening now with our all talk, no action politicians."

"The Mexican government and its leadership has made many disparaging remarks about me to the Pope, because they want to continue to rip off the United States, both on trade and at the border, and they understand I am totally wise to them. The Pope only heard one side of the story - he didnt see the crime, the drug trafficking and the negative economic impact the current policies have on the United States. He doesnt see how Mexican leadership is outsmarting President Obama and our leadership in every aspect of negotiation."

"For a religious leader to question a persons faith is disgraceful. I am proud to be a Christian and as President I will not allow Christianity to be consistently attacked and weakened, unlike what is happening now, with our current President. No leader, especially a religious leader, should have the right to question another mans religion or faith. They are using the Pope as a pawn and they should be ashamed of themselves for doing so, especially when so many lives are involved and when illegal immigration is so rampant."

"If and when" :lol:

I also see that he's gone for this 'proud to be a Christian' line. The one thing that provides cast iron proof that the individual making the statement has no idea what being a Christian is supposed to entail.

Had dinner with 3 septics last night, reasonable and intelligent men who have the most fucked up ideas. I wanted to send all 3 of them that rant from the San Fran tech entrepreneur that made the news this morning but I thought they would have just assumed I was agreeing with him. It's odd when you meet really intelligent Republicans, very unnerving.

For the record I clamped all 3 of them on aggregate demand and inequality.

Trump:

Heres a guy, throwing punches, nasty as hell, screaming at everything else, when were talking. The guards are being very gentle with him. Id like to punch him in the face, Ill tell you that.

"Look, see hes smiling. See hes having a good time. You know what I hate? Theres a guy, totally disruptive, throwing punches, were not allowed to punch back anymore. I love the old days. You know what they used to do to guys like that when they were in a place like this? Theyd be carried out on a stretcher, folks.

Security guards working the rally said the protestor did no such thing and Trump was just over-exaggerating.

Yeah, it's not that Trump is unbeatable but the.... not sane per se, but let's say slightly less batshit insane Republican vote needs to coalesce around someone else and fast, otherwise he'll get the nod almost by default.

Donald Trump 45.91% 34,531

Marco Rubio 23.85%

Ted Cruz 21.38% 16,079

Even combining the total votes for the other two candidates, Trump still won.

The only one IMHO who is slightly less batshit insane in the group is John Kasich

John Kasich 3.60% 2,709

For a layman such as myself, is this looking like Trump might actually be the next President?

I still think (really fucking hope) that if he does win the Republican nomination that the swing voters will be scared off by him and vote democrat.

I do worry though as there are plenty of people about that say things along the lines of "yeah I mean he's crazy but I do like that he's not a typical politician and speaks his mind etc". The scary thing is if you actually listen to his speeches he says very little, it's normally just fluff like "If I got in power I would have the best financial people, believe me I know people that you've not even heard of that are so much better than what we have there now" and "If I'm in charge we will win at trade, we will beat China, Japan and Mexico at trade" errm okay... the only things he seems to actually say he will do is build a wall and get rid of Obamacare.

I just can't understand these lunatics that live in trailer parks that would happily vote for a bloke like Trump, do they actually believe he has their best interest at heart or is it just because he wants to build a wall to keep Mexicans out?