US election 2016

Happy Face

I didn't say it would be great, you blend. I said I'd rather he won than she did.

Aye, it's a dichotomous choice now so you are in effect supporting Trump. A Corbynite, supporting Trump. Quite incredible.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, it's a dichotomous choice now so you are in effect supporting Trump. A Corbynite, supporting Trump. Quite incredible.

[emoji38] I'm a remarkable man, you should know that by now.

Wonder what skeletons Trump would have in his closet if he'd been secretary of state for half a decade btw?

Not sure if ewerk is joking or not, but I reckon you lot would have less of a problem with Hillary if she was a man.

Wonder what skeletons Trump would have in his closet if he'd been secretary of state for half a decade btw?

Not sure if ewerk is joking or not, but I reckon you lot would have less of a problem with Hillary if she was a man.

Canny pathetic that like

Not sure if ewerk is joking or not

FTR I am joking. There is a certain amount of misogyny regarding some of the criticism she has received but I wouldn't accuse anyone on here of it.

http://lawnewz.com/politics/hillary-clintons-emails-now-might-finally-take-her-down/

Read that Renton, you bra-burning son of a cunt!

So scanning the first part of that report ("law news") whatever it is, it still seems Clinton's crime is misuse of an e-mail system? She's a woman man, do you expect her to use IT correctly? ;)

To clarify, I KNOW the posters on here aren't mysoginists or women hating in the slightest. But that's because I've been on here for a decade. If I didn't know this, I might conclude it though. Because I just don't understand the level of vitriol being thrown her way otherwise, seems completely disproportionate to me. A bit like how I know HF isn't a racist despite his opinions on Obama. He hates him, but not cos he's black.

Wanting Trump to beat Clinton? Bizarre to me I'm afraid.

So you want people to tell you what she's done wrong, and when someone offers a link you "scan" it, and don't get past the beginning of it - this isn't some nana sharing recipes with her mate, it's someone in possession of very sensitive information who compromised it and still hasn't stopped lying about it since she got discovered. Setting Trump aside, are those the actions of someone that should be President?

The website belongs to Dan Abrams, who is a former lawyer and fairly well respected American journalist - I'm sorry you didn't like its name or what it had to say about your GILF fantasy though. :razz:

So you want people to tell you what she's done wrong, and when someone offers a link you "scan" it, and don't get past the beginning of it - this isn't some nana sharing recipes with her mate, it's someone in possession of very sensitive information who compromised it and still hasn't stopped lying about it since she got discovered. Setting Trump aside, are those the actions of someone that should be President?

The website belongs to Dan Abrams, who is a former lawyer and fairly well respected American journalist - I'm sorry you didn't like its name or what it had to say about your GILF fantasy though. :razz:

Am on a phone with a dodgy connection at work, it's a long article. The email stuff I've read doesn't bother me that much compared with Trump's very public rhetoric. Fuck knows what's in his closet too. Am just interested to know if I'm missing something massive. I don't think I am.

Whilst not my biggest concern the emails carry on is highly incompetent at best. Could easily be something more sinister. As I've stated it's not my greatest concern. More generally I think a woman being president is a good thing in terms of equality but not being Trump is about the only thing she has going for her. I hope I'm wrong about her intentions when it comes to foreign policy. Not wanting Clinton to win is a reasonable standpoint though (not one I actually share, quite) from the pov that so often when the US (usually with the UK clinging to their coattails) wades into a foreign war they make things worse.

Whilst not my biggest concern the emails carry on is highly incompetent at best. Could easily be something more sinister. As I've stated it's not my greatest concern. More generally I think a woman being president is a good thing in terms of equality but not being Trump is about the only thing she has going for her. I hope I'm wrong about her intentions when it comes to foreign policy. Not wanting Clinton to win is a reasonable standpoint though (not one I actually share, quite) from the pov that so often when the US (usually with the UK clinging to their coattails) wades into a foreign war they make things worse.

I really hope that she is "allowed" to be criticised without recourse to accusations of misogyny but I fear it's going to be the case.

I agree a woman president is a good thing in its own right but it still should be someone worthy - comparisons to Thatcher come to mind in that sense.

Blair has been on Bloomberg criticising Corbyn, praising Cameron and rejecting the suggestion that Philip Green should lose his knighthood over the collapse of BHS.

A Rentonesque performance.

Blair has been on Bloomberg criticising Corbyn, praising Cameron and rejecting the suggestion that Philip Green should lose his knighthood over the collapse of BHS.

A Rentonesque performance.

:lol: That man Blair will go far.

• 1 month later...

So you'd think this may be one of the people pulling Trump's strings.....interesting, thought provoking and pretty fuckin scary article...they're out to get us damned pinkos...

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jul/21/peter-thiel-republican-convention-speech?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

I agree that the old way of doing things is dysfunctional and isn't working for countless millions of people all over the planet, but this shit isn't the answer.

I know Trump's, in many ways, the anti-establishment candidate but he's also everything many people say thay hate about politicians, i.e. all meaningless sloganism without any real substance. I still get the feeling he thinks he can say what he wants because he doesn't really believe he'll win.