*New Sven Revelations*

Optimistic Nut

Looking from the outside, I think England have the best bunch of players you've ever had, being managed by a talentless fuckwit, who, ironically, is being kept in a job because those hugely talented players are grinding out results in spite of him.

With even a half decent manager in charge you'd be my bet for the World Cup.

79462[/snapback]

I thought the Italia '90 team was better ;)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking from the outside, I think England have the best bunch of players you've ever had, being managed by a talentless fuckwit, who, ironically, is being kept in a job because those hugely talented players are grinding out results in spite of him.

79462[/snapback]

79480[/snapback]

Quoted for truthery.

79462[/snapback]

79480[/snapback]

Maybe, maybe not. What about the Euro 96 side?

Teams yes, individuals no, that'll be down to the managers (oh, and the gutter press might want to take their share of responsibility, too, along with their sponsors ;)).

EDIT: A player-player comparison of those teams would make a decent thread, if anyone can be arsed.

Edited by DotBum

79462[/snapback]

79480[/snapback]

Maybe, maybe not. What about the Euro 96 side?

79487[/snapback]

The only thing i reckon about the Euro 96 team that was better was that they had Adams and Shearer in his prime

Teams yes, individuals no, that'll be down to the managers (oh, and the gutter press might want to take their share of responsibility, too, along with their sponsors ;)).

EDIT: A player-player comparison of those teams would make a decent thread, if anyone can be arsed.

79489[/snapback]

The Italia '90 team had Mark Wright as a sweeper. Nuff said tbh.

Oh, apart from comparing the keepers, which is another no brainer.

79489[/snapback]

It's probably easier to point out what both teams have in common...

... getting beaten by Jormany on penalties. ;)

It's probably easier to point out what both teams have in common...

... getting beaten by Jormany on penalties.  ;)

79517[/snapback]

2 World Wars and one World Cup is, I believe, the stock response to that... ;)

Edited by DotBum

As out of order as the NOTW are with this sort of thing, Sven must be a moron to come out with this sort of stuff to a bloke that he's never met before. This is a bloke that gives nothing away when he talks to the press, but give him a nice meal and an expensive bottle of wine and he'll blab to some "Arab businessman" about his future as England manager and about things that individual players have told him, presumably in confidence. Stupid man.

so Owen wants to leave. Shock horror..............

79289[/snapback]

Greedy and overrated. He can go join his scouse mates... except they don't even want him now it seems.

79329[/snapback]

They interviewed Jamie Redknapp on SSN today about the Owen claim and he was absolutely livid. Redknapp is big mates with Owen since their time at Liverpool and he claims he talked to Owen only yesterday.

Redknapp reckons Owen IS happy and the only thing he's pissed off with is the fact he's injured and can't play.

Full bit on Owen:

Michael Owen was a good player but "the one who's coming in" is Wayne Rooney. But he thought Rooney would never be as good as Beckham.

Mr Eriksson said he had spoken to Michael Owen, who is playing for Newcastle and he had said he was not happy at the club. He said Owen was only there because of the money. Owen allegedly told him that "he had never earned that money in his life". They gave him a car, a house and they paid more than Real Madrid did. Mr Eriksson said the club had to pay him so much money because otherwise he would not have gone there.

Mr Still said Owen was disappointed with his agent before the European Championships 18 months ago because he had not been getting enough commercial work. Owen said everything had been going to David Beckham.

79335[/snapback]

Anyone else sniff a 'NOTW still pissed that their exclusive "Owen returns to Anfield" story had to be stuck in the bin' air about this?

79289[/snapback]

Greedy and overrated. He can go join his scouse mates... except they don't even want him now it seems.

79329[/snapback]

They interviewed Jamie Redknapp on SSN today about the Owen claim and he was absolutely livid. Redknapp is big mates with Owen since their time at Liverpool and he claims he talked to Owen only yesterday.

Redknapp reckons Owen IS happy and the only thing he's pissed off with is the fact he's injured and can't play.

79638[/snapback]

Despite playing for Liverpool, Jamie Redknapp is an absolute legend. One of my favourite ever players.

79289[/snapback]

79329[/snapback]

79638[/snapback]

Despite playing for Liverpool, Jamie Redknapp is an absolute legend. One of my favourite ever players.

79673[/snapback]

Agreed.

Dunno if you've seen the interview but he was just miffed...he was fucking brewing! Reckons Sven will have lost the players respect over this one..

Anyone else sniff a 'NOTW still pissed that their exclusive "Owen returns to Anfield" story had to be stuck in the bin' air about this?

79640[/snapback]

It seemed strange that the owen thing was about the third paragraph in, as if they couldn't wait to get it out, you maybe right.

Bet you Rooneys happy about basically being called a tramp.

79640[/snapback]

It seemed strange that the owen thing was about the third paragraph in, as if they couldn't wait to get it out, you maybe right.

79680[/snapback]

Mind you, I'd like to hear Owen stick his face in front of the cameras and 'fess up'. Sven and Freddy are both claiming that Owen said completely the opposite - one of them is bullshitting....

C'mon Michael, you said yourself when you signed that you tell it how it is....

To be honest, I don't think Owen should have to apologise for things he said off the record to Sven. And, if he did say he wasn't 100% happy here, who could blame him? Scott Parker said the same thing to someone I know recently, off the record of course. Sven's out of order, not Owen IMO.

To be honest, I don't think Owen should have to apologise for things he said off the record to Sven. And, if he did say he wasn't 100% happy here, who could blame him? Scott Parker said the same thing to someone I know recently, off the record of course. Sven's out of order, not Owen IMO.

80055[/snapback]

I totally agree. Owen is not to blame.

Personally I blame the NOTW. What other effect except totally disrupt the national team in a world cup year did they think this would have? Yet come the end of the domestic season, they'll get all fucking patriotic and claim that they're the 'paper behind the team'...

What I've have heard is that the FA sanctioned this meet up and gave permission for the Arab 'guest' to ask probing questions of the England manager which Sven was obliged to respond to. If that's the case, then Sven is actually off the hook and someone in PR at Lancaster Gate has a lot to fucking answer for...

As I say, I don't blame Owen and actually think he has the right to privately voice his concerns. I bet he's pissed off beyond belief that they've surfaced though. My point is that Eriksson and Shepherd and totally contradicting one another and, going by Fred's totally denial of the claims, one of them (and my money is on the fat fucker) is talking shite!

Personally I blame the NOTW. What other effect except totally disrupt the national team in a world cup year did they think this would have? Yet come the end of the domestic season, they'll get all fucking patriotic and claim that they're the 'paper behind the team'...

80065[/snapback]

You forgot about the references to the Second World War ;)

What I've have heard is that the FA sanctioned this meet up and gave permission for the Arab 'guest' to ask probing questions of the England manager which Sven was obliged to respond to. If that's the case, then Sven is actually off the hook and someone in PR at Lancaster Gate has a lot to fucking answer for...

80065[/snapback]

I don't think that's right about the FA sanctioning this in that way. I listened to an interview with that Still bloke (is he Sven's agent?) yesterday, and he was saying that the approach was directly to Sven to perform some sports consultancy role. Sven's people then contacted the FA to inform them of what was going on, explaining that if anything in the role would affect his work with England, then he would obviously discuss it with them first etc. The FA then gave permission for him to talk with this "Saudi" bloke.

The bloke from the NOTW was on 'defending' what was, in all honesty a fucking shite piece of journalism by saying Sven was on a massive wedge and therefore shouldnt have his mind on anything else beyond (in effect) a mental image of us winning the world cup; and that he wasnt doing this because he was distracted by all sorts of things such as player revelations/ future managerial appointments etc.

To my mind, all the article shows was that he knows his players inside out-and to be quite honest I'm glad to know he's well in touch with who's in the better mental frame of mind etc. Typical shoddy sensationalist tabloid journalism designed to unsettle the team ahead of the country's most important cup competition (which we've qualified for top of our group incidentally). Sad.

As I say, I don't blame Owen and actually think he has the right to privately voice his concerns. I bet he's pissed off beyond belief that they've surfaced though. My point is that Eriksson and Shepherd and totally contradicting one another and, going by Fred's totally denial of the claims, one of them (and my money is on the fat fucker) is talking shite!

80065[/snapback]

But what do you expect? Fat Fred coming out saying "yes, Owen isn't the happiest man here, because he only signed a contract as we were throwing so much money at him that he couldn't resist. Oh yes, and Shearer threatened to know his block off if he doesn't sign the contract."

Owen probably is saying that he is now happy with his choice while he said to Eriksson that it wasn't his prefered choice (which you can interprete as "not being happy").

I actually don't care.

80065[/snapback]

But what do you expect? Fat Fred coming out saying "yes, Owen isn't the happiest man here, because he only signed a contract as we were throwing so much money at him that he couldn't resist. Oh yes, and Shearer threatened to know his block off if he doesn't sign the contract."

Owen probably is saying that he is now happy with his choice while he said to Eriksson that it wasn't his prefered choice (which you can interprete as "not being happy").

I actually don't care.

80074[/snapback]

Is Klinsman still living in California as an aside? If so, how is that going down back in Jormany?

80065[/snapback]

I actually don't care.

80074[/snapback]

I see you point Isegrim, but should he be coming out and lying his arse off about it? We're not fucking stupid, we know what Owen is probably thinking - why patronise us and the press with shite like that...?

I haven't seen Man Utd make a statement about Ferdinand or Rooney or Madrid about Beckham - there's just no need...

80065[/snapback]

I actually don't care.

80074[/snapback]

I see you point Isegrim, but should he be coming out and lying his arse off about it? We're not fucking stupid, we know what Owen is probably thinking - why patronise us and the press with shite like that...?

I haven't seen Man Utd make a statement about Ferdinand or Rooney or Madrid about Beckham - there's just no need...

80081[/snapback]

We're a soap opera though tbh.

duh duh..duh duh der der der.....doo doo doo doo dum dee dum.