Ant

Newcastle United vs West Brom

Colo isnt that quick anymore but his reading of the game is usually excellent as is his composure which is why Im leaning towards him rather than Williamson for this game. Its a tough one though as Willo really hasnt done much wrong recently. If there's anyone thats still looked suspect at the back in recent games its Santon who for me still gets caught out of position way too much and gets beaten too easily at times. Yet I wouldnt advise dropping either him or Mbiwa. Ideally those two could be here for years to come and you'd want to let them have as much experience as possible especially when on the whole they are doing well.

Its a dilemma but a good one to have for once, considering the kind we had round about this same time last year :lol:

Going to be interesting to see who Pardew does drop in the end.

Edited by aimaad22

Yeah too small/ weak in the air as a centre back pairing for me in most games. Having said that West brom are possibly one of the teams that could work against. They don't really have a physically imposing striker.

Their enormous centre halves seem to score a lot of goals though.

Edited by donaldstott

They could decide to play Anichebe considering what Lukaku did to us earlier in the season.

That was less about the player and more about the system. They could hump balls up to him because they knew he would drag our back two all over the place, could match them physically and had the technical ability to trouble them. Anichebe won't, can't and hasn't.

Harsh on Williamson but I'd drop him as I think Colo is better equipped to deal with Long. I suppose all this talk of Argentina could come into it though and I can see Pards going with Williamson and Mbiwa.

I couldnt care less though who plays as Long as we get the result.

I don't agree with you on this one, Long has gave Colo a torrid time in the past due to his pace. I'd happily keep it as Yanga-Mbiwa and Williamson for this one as I don't think Colo and MYM are a good partnership and the latter's pace will be extremely important in dealing with Long.

I think scoring in two separate matches is enough to count as "always scoring" against us, given how our pattern-seeking, paranoid football brains work.

Edited by JonTheMag

That was less about the player and more about the system. They could hump balls up to him because they knew he would drag our back two all over the place, could match them physically and had the technical ability to trouble them. Anichebe won't, can't and hasn't.

Yup Anichebe isnt half the player Lukaku is. My point was they can make themselves a nuisance in the air if they decide thats our weakness and choose to try and exploit it.

I don't agree with you on this one, Long has gave Colo a torrid time in the past due to his pace. I'd happily keep it as Yanga-Mbiwa and Williamson for this one as I don't think Colo and MYM are a good partnership and the latter's pace will be extremely important in dealing with Long.

I can see where you are coming from. I just think with all the chasing and pressure on the ball Long is likely to apply I'll be worried constantly about Williamson making a wild error or two.

Their enormous centre halves seem to score a lot of goals though.

Good point. We need a good, big centre back is the main thing to take from this.

Edited by RobH

I can only think of 3? He got a brace in... 05/06? and the winner recently?

Scored the brace a few year back, scored past us in both games last year. (had one wrongfully disallowed in the 2-2-)

There may be a few more too. <_<

Scored the brace a few year back, scored past us in both games last year. (had one wrongfully disallowed in the 2-2-)

There may be a few more too. <_<

Four, then...

Chin up buddy, you'll get the next one right ;)

Pardew: "Mike Williamson will play on Saturday, 100 per cent. He's had his chance, and he's grasped it."

Good on him.

Hope its Colo that gets dropped then and not Mbiwa or Debuchy.

I really fancy us for a good win tomorrow. Sets a real standard as to what we should be aiming for. Four wins on the bounce is form of the top 6. Games we should take points from, we have, games we have excelled against Chelsea and Spurs. We can and should keep this form going.

I'd love to see AP freshen it up. Ben Arfa and Cisse. That there is our BEST 11. We are in a good place so, go on lads, show everyone how good you are. It may be unfortunate on the likes of Shola and Gouffran who have been great. It is time to give our 'purple players' a chance to kick on.

3-0 Remy, Cisse and Ben Arfa.

We'll have to mix it up whether we want to or not with the number of fixtures coming up next month.

But I dont see Pards changing it much for tomorrow apart from Debuchy coming in.