Nothing to see here version 2.0

The Fish

Just out of interest is Remy tied to us until the end of the season or can QPR call him back anytime they want only asking seeing as they're 3rd in the championship & would expect them to push on for one of the top 2 automatic promotion spots.

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've paid a fee for his loan so I think a recall would be quite difficult for them to arrange, they certainly couldn't grab him back whenever they wanted

He may not go to PSG but I think he'll probably be away this window just wait until the daft bids come in. Ashley wont be able to resist his eyes will be like cash registers.

I don't think so. Ashley will bet on Cabaye having a strong World Cup with France, which will massively inflate his value. Selling now would miss that entire opportunity, and I don't think Ashley would give that up. It would have to be for an astronomical offer, I think - £30 mil would be my guess - as he could surely still fetch £20 mil after the World Cup, even if he doesn't perform exceptionally well.

@SkySportsNews

Coming up at 7.30pm it's the first Transfer Centre of the January Transfer Window - standby for some exciting news for Newcastle fans! #SSN

Rumour that it's Gomis, as apparently he tweeted something about a deal being made.

Sky Sports sources understand Newcastle United are set to rekindle their interest in Dutch international Luuk de Jong.

We understand Newcastle owner Mike Ashley is willing to sanction up to four deals during the January window, and we can confirm that a striker is very much in the Magpies' sights and their interest in De Jong is strong.

De Jong is currently with German side Borussia Monchengladbach, who paid more than £12million for him in 2012, but his move to the Bundesliga has not been a success.

Newcastle are now ready to bring him to England on an initial loan and it is our understanding they are confident of securing his signature.

De Jong is not the only attacking player in their sights as our sources have confirmed they have a firm interest in Montpellier midfielder Remy Cabella.

The 23-year-old, who likes to play in the 'hole', is understood to be keen on making the switch to Tyneside and increase the already sizeable French contingent at St James' Park.

Talks between the two clubs are expected next week once their president returns from his holidays but, having signed Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, Newcastle know their management well and are hopeful of brokering a deal - although as ever with Ashley he will not pay over the odds for any player.

With attacking arrivals, Papiss Cisse has been linked with a move away from the club, but Newcastle sources have told us that they are not looking to let 'any' first-team players leave this month, which also includes Yohan Cabaye.

So, basically just media bullshit. Nothing concrete at all.

I don't want to be that guy who patronises and suggests we all wait till the end of the window before judging the club (and SSN), but I am going to be that guy who patronises and suggests we all wait till the end of the window before judging the club (and SSN)

safety ;)

Edited by Monroe Transfer

I don't want to be that guy who patronises and suggests we all wait till the end of the window before judging the club (and SSN), but I am going to be that guy who patronises and suggests we all wait till the end of the window before judging the club (and SSN)

safety ;)

zip it, Zanetti.

;)

Despite it not working out for him De Jong would be an excellent signing for us if we could pull it off.

Has a pretty average goal scoring record recently though. Same can be said for Gomis.

Not overly excited about either of them.