Nothing to see here version 2.0

The Fish

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger believes Juan Mata's possible move from Chelsea to Manchester United lacks 'fairness'. It is understood that the Spaniard will move to Old Trafford, with reports suggesting that the Blues have accepted a £40m offer from the Premier League champions. However, Wenger believes it is unfair that Chelsea are selling Mata to United, particularly as the two clubs have played each other twice in the Premier League this season.
"Chelsea have already played twice against Man United, they could have sold him last week. I think if you want to respect the fairness for everybody, this should not happen."

What the fuck is he on about?

"A highly respected French journalist has reported that Paris have made a £21m offer, now that offer hasn't landed in Newcastle yet" :lol: These journalists dont half talk some utter shite like, they've either made the offer or they haven't there's not exactly a time spent waiting for it to arrive unless they've sent a letter with the offer on it.

"A highly respected French journalist has reported that Paris have made a £21m offer, now that offer hasn't landed in Newcastle yet" :lol: These journalists dont half talk some utter shite like, they've either made the offer or they haven't there's not exactly a time spent waiting for it to arrive unless they've sent a letter with the offer on it.

Makes it sound like they've sent a carrier pigeon

Edited by Kitman

Apparently we bid for Salah - admittedly this is a guy posting on RAWK but he seems well informed and they had a big song and dance about him posting. He's basically ripping into Liverpool for being gazumped by Chelsea, but interesting that we bid at all.

Now we were following Salah closely since October, we sent a lot of scouts to Basel games, began negotiating in November and his agent met with Ayre in the West Ham game to discuss terms with them. We had a verbal agreement with Basel regarding everything and we quickly became Salah's favoured destination as he saw us as a club where he can grow, get a lot of 1st team action and become a world class player. I don't know what happened between Salah's agent and Ayre, but the impression that the club got from that meeting was that, in reality there is no way Salah is going to leave for anyone bar Liverpool and/or there are no real offers on the table for Basel bar us. When we got to sending Basel our opening offer, it was a laughable offer well below what was verbally agreed upon, think of Wenger 40 million plus one pound bid, this was even more laughable.

Basel raised their as a result of being pissed off. We tried to up our offer but it was again well below what was previously agreed upon and Basel didn't want to lower their demands as they sensed that we were wasting their time. They even began courting other clubs that Salah is available. Milan & Inter thought that Basel's original demands were too high for them, Leverkusen, Wolfsburg & Monchengladbach were ready to pay but Salah didn't want to go to Germany. Basel tried to claim that Atletico was interested but it was a bluff by all accounts, however a host of other clubs wanted to be kept updated on the deal one of whom was Chelsea.

Since we saw that Salah didn't want to go to the Bundesliga and with no other club offering Basel any offer, we assumed he'll stay there till the summer and we can re-open negotiations, but Newcastle offered Basel a good first offer and now him coming to us in the summer was in doubt if Basel & Newcastle agree a fee. That's why we came back with a much more improved offer, almost what was verbally agreed upon before the window even started. Salah's personal demands were also agreed previously so there was no problems with him & his agent, just us agreeing some minor details with Basel. Chelsea, who were updated on the deal, at last asked about his availability and Basel asked about 8 million more than what we were offering (they tried to fleece Chelsea and I'm sorry last night I got confused cause I misunderstood my source as telling me Chelsea offered 8 million more, which isn't true) but Chelsea really offered a couple of million more than us but with a lot of add ons that favour Basel heavily, we didn't even hesitate and backed off, not even matching their deal.

Edited by Rayvin

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger believes Juan Mata's possible move from Chelsea to Manchester United lacks 'fairness'. It is understood that the Spaniard will move to Old Trafford, with reports suggesting that the Blues have accepted a £40m offer from the Premier League champions. However, Wenger believes it is unfair that Chelsea are selling Mata to United, particularly as the two clubs have played each other twice in the Premier League this season.
"Chelsea have already played twice against Man United, they could have sold him last week. I think if you want to respect the fairness for everybody, this should not happen."

What the fuck is he on about?

He said this last year too I think, after all of our strengthening. Basically, teams that played Man Utd for the second time in the season before the window are not playing the same team as the ones who play them later. Man U strengthen and become a bigger challenge for those that follow.

I'm not saying it's a good argument, but he's basically saying that Chelsea are using the transfer window to tactically reinforce other teams in order to improve their chances of taking points of Arsenal/City. Hence his comment about the deal not going through until after Chelsea played Man U.

Also Chelsea totally abuse the loan system and of course Lukaku doesn't play against them and is free to damage other sides. The easy rule change would be that players who cost over x amount can't be loaned out.

Edited by Park Life

Exactly.

Fucking genius to be honest.

This is presumably what happens when your squad gets as big as Chelsea's but you have more and more money to spend. You keep buying players to deprive your rivals and bolster teams who can't hurt you.

Edited by Rayvin

Swooped in on Willian - now Salah. Preventing Spurs and Liverpool reinforcing (no other reason, surely)

Loaning out Lukaku has meant Everton are strong enough to be a pain to, again, Spurs and Liverpool, but not strong enough to be up with Chelsea.

Wenger's claim about Mata.

Does look like transfer strategy in action.

Swooped in on Willian - now Salah. Preventing Spurs and Liverpool reinforcing (no other reason, surely)

Loaning out Lukaku has meant Everton are strong enough to be a pain to, again, Spurs and Liverpool, but not strong enough to be up with Chelsea.

though he has become a mainstay of mourinhos first team rather than Mata with him preferring Willian, Hazard and Oscar as that three

though he has become a mainstay of mourinhos first team rather than Mata with him preferring Willian, Hazard and Oscar as that three

True enough, but for me that only makes the strategy even more sound. He knew immediately that he didn't want Mata but got a replacement in and was able to hurt Spurs in the process. It was just the way it happened that looked like it was snideness to me.

Edited by Rayvin

Willian looks pretty average to me for the money. We'll see if he'll remain a manistay next season...I have my doubts.

True enough, but for me that only makes the strategy even more sound. He knew immediately that he didn't want Mata but got a replacement in and was able to hurt Spurs in the process. It was just the way it happened that looked like it was snideness to me.

Now he's rolled out this referee love in...The master at work? :lol:

Makes the defensive contribution that Mourinho likes in his wingers though, covering an insane amount of ground in the process.

Perfect mourinho attacking mid

and I bet hes really cut up about it, quick jaunt around europes top clubs and desperately wanted back afterwards.

hes not getting sacked this time

I think you might be about bang on with that

Edit: Salah is of Chelsea quality though

Edited by desmondTUTU

Yeah I'm certain Salah is a good player. It's just the way they do it though, Liverpool scouted him for three months and Chelsea get wind of it before asking to be kept up to date on the progress of the deal. Then Liverpool put in an offer and Chelsea just jump in and take him, right at the last minute.

EDIT - which also renders all the time, money and effort that Liverpool have spent working out if this guy is right for the team, how to integrate him etc, utterly wasted. And thus prevents them finding as good a replacement in time.

Edited by Rayvin

and I bet hes really cut up about it, quick jaunt around europes top clubs and desperately wanted back afterwards.

hes not getting sacked this time

Point being Abra thought the football was boring. And a lot of this season has been as well...Strikers who never score etc...