Nothing to see here version 2.0

The Fish

Wonder if the policy is 1-2 new players a year, but every sold player to be replaced (within reason).

I don't get why they'd put a limit on it at all though. Managers should simply bring in who they need, if the club can afford it. With that said - I could live with 1-2 players a window (not a year) if I felt the squad was deep enough. A club like Chelsea don't need to go out and get loads of new players because their squad is so deep as it is. They can pick and choose 1-2 new players who will really add something, whereas a club like Man Utd needs several changes and will probably get them within the next window or 2.

To be honest I don't think Kinnear has any integrity so I don't really trust a word the man says, even if it's via official club publications.

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye if it really was around £9m we should snap their hands off.

If and only if we have any plans to get a replacement, since selling Cisse will leave us with exactly one senior striker we actually own.

I don't understand how our attackers have been so neglected for so long. We've needed reinforcements up front ever since Best and Lovenkrands went and we've never got them or even looked close to getting them. Cisse came in, aye, but then his form went to shit and Ba was sold, and since then we've never looked convincing up top.

2 goals in his last 10 for Remy as well, and both of them against a side reduced to 9 men. He looks like he could not be bothered whatsoever - no surprise, since he surely won't be wearing black and white next season, thank God. We need replacements and we need them badly.

Aye of course, I'd expect two strikers to be brought in if we sold Cisse tbh. It is odd tbh, as having a good strike force is one of the best ways to ensure you do well in the league. You'd think that would be something that interests Ashley.

Aye of course, I'd expect two strikers to be brought in if we sold Cisse tbh. It is odd tbh, as having a good strike force is one of the best ways to ensure you do well in the league. You'd think that would be something that interests Ashley.

They also tend to cost more versus other positions though.

20140113-224505.jpg
Continued contact between Montpellier and Newcastle for Remy Cabella

Get French Football News understands that Newcastle United have remained on contact with Ligue 1 side Montpellier over the possible transfer of attacking midfielder and talisman Remy Cabella and that the Premier League side are closer than ever to making a bid for the player.

Talks have continued over the past days with Montpellier making it abundantly clear that only an offer of at least €20m (including bonuses) will allow Newcastle to prise the player away from them this January.

We await to see if Newcastle actually make that step to put a formal offer together or not.

20140113-224505.jpg
Continued contact between Montpellier and Newcastle for Remy Cabella

Get French Football News understands that Newcastle United have remained on contact with Ligue 1 side Montpellier over the possible transfer of attacking midfielder and talisman Remy Cabella and that the Premier League side are closer than ever to making a bid for the player.

Talks have continued over the past days with Montpellier making it abundantly clear that only an offer of at least €20m (including bonuses) will allow Newcastle to prise the player away from them this January.

We await to see if Newcastle actually make that step to put a formal offer together or not.

They would take £10million upfront.

:lol:

I'm sceptical about this because he plays in a position that no one has identified as one we really need to strengthen. Unless our policy is to buy any and all good players if we can get them cheaply, regardless of whether or not they're needed...

So you aren't grateful to have a club that's willing to possibly entertain the idea of making a bid for someone?

Halfway through the window and we're almost going to make a bid, guess that's not enough for some people.

To be fair, the reporting is nothing to do with the club. We do seem to keep our business largely under the radar, so it's left to these kind of outlets to be as non-committal with their bullshit as possible.

To be fair, the reporting is nothing to do with the club. We do seem to keep our business largely under the radar, so it's left to these kind of outlets to be as non-committal with their bullshit as possible.

It's more amusing to direct ire at the club though...