The Fish

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Closer than ever to bidding.

On the verge.

Considering.

I'm deffo missing some but I've never seen so many roundabout ways to conjure up transfers in a single window. We aren't going to sign anyone ffs. :lol:

Not a chance. You're right, the bullshit-o-meter has really been ratcheted up this window, starting with the unbelievable load of horseshit from SSN that we're "interested in signing up to 4 players this window." Aye, "up to four" includes 0.

Expectations have been well and truly lowered around here. Some would say it's just clearing up the unrealistic delusions of the post-SBR through relegation era, but I'd say it's more like ripping away the heart and soul of a club with the obvious potential to be a top 4 contender and transforming us into a Fulham or Aston Villa - a nothing club with no aspirations and no future beyond mediocrity.

Nobody should be happy with the direction the club is headed in. It's a slow inching slide into full-on, total also-ran status at best. I'll let you contemplate what it is at worst.

:lol:

May as well wait until the window closes rather than be frustrated about what may or may not happen.

That's entirely my view.

Pointless getting worked up about something you have absolutely no control over.

Screaming at the telly during the match however, is different, as I'm sure they can hear my mumbled, "THAT WAS A SHIT THROW IN" abuse.

Not a chance. You're right, the bullshit-o-meter has really been ratcheted up this window, starting with the unbelievable load of horseshit from SSN that we're "interested in signing up to 4 players this window." Aye, "up to four" includes 0.

Expectations have been well and truly lowered around here. Some would say it's just clearing up the unrealistic delusions of the post-SBR through relegation era, but I'd say it's more like ripping away the heart and soul of a club with the obvious potential to be a top 4 contender and transforming us into a Fulham or Aston Villa - a nothing club with no aspirations and no future beyond mediocrity.

Nobody should be happy with the direction the club is headed in. It's a slow inching slide into full-on, total also-ran status at best. I'll let you contemplate what it is at worst.

Are we in a better position now than 2007?

I'm afraid that's what being a football fan is all about.

This isn't being a football fan though, is it? It's reading story after story of fabrication and invention.

At least when you're watching the match, you know what's really happening.

Every season, fans are completely taken in by the transfer window, getting upset and riled by rumours from taxi drivers, blokes at work and in the know message board posters. And 99% of it is complete and utter bollocks.

This isn't being a football fan though, is it? It's reading story after story of fabrication and invention.

Every season, fans are completely taken in by the transfer window, getting upset and riled by rumours from taxi drivers, blokes at work and in the know message board posters. And 99% of it is complete and utter bollocks.

Twitter arse holes.

If people were getting seriously worked up then maybe. All I've seen is people poking fun and having a moan. If we do sign someone, we can all be pleased about it. If we don't, we were right all along. It's win win.

If people were getting seriously worked up then maybe. All I've seen is people poking fun and having a moan. If we do sign someone, we can all be pleased about it. If we don't, we were right all along. It's win win.

How do we win if we don't sign anyone?

I imagine our business is done once we bring De Jong in on loan.

Two loan signings from two transfer windows. Probably about £3-4m spent on loan fees total. Thanks, Joe.

:yahoo: Reasonable return on investments!

How do we win if we don't sign anyone?

That was more about indulging the part of human nature that likes to be right. As in, we all get to pat ourselves on the back at the end of January and say we were right all along.

More than human nature, it's just basic forum etiquette.