Nothing to see here version 2.0

The Fish

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or...groundwork being laid out for the agents and journeyman players of this world, making them aware we aren't desperate for players and we'll be the ones pulling the strings.

Announcing that we are openly looking for a striker and a centre back (for instance) would have all the agent weasels lining up offering us all sorts of shit.

I hope you're right BW. I suspect its more about convincing the fat man to spend money when he doesn't see the need for it. That's when you need Whisky Joe to show some balls but I fear he won't rock the boat.

Not expecting anyone. The only way any will come in is if they're seen as a particularly good bargain.

The worse our position the more likely we are to sign players. As it stands we're currently well clear of the relegation pack so there's no risk and therefore no reason for Ashley to buy anyone. It doesn't matter how close we think we are to being able to push to the next level with vital areas strengthened, it won't happen under Mike Ashley's ownership.

We only really need a striker in this window. I think we are pretty well covered apart from that.

Shola has done his bit when needed but we would be in a really good place to push the top 6 this season if we can bring in another first team option to create and score goals.

M'baye Niang the perfect transfer target for Newcastle in the winter

He's young (only 19 years old)

He's French

Has not gotten enough play time could be looking for first team football

Not to expensive somewhere in the range of 7-10mil

Good young talent that can be sold for huge profit if he develops

He is a striker which fits our biggest need

That pretty much hits every criteria that Newcastle seems to have when purchasing a player

He's on loan at Montpellier till the end of the season, but i'd have liked to see him here, said it before he went to Milan, wouldn't say he's a "striker" though, he's more like a forward, plays a bit wider, uses his pace and then tries to make runs inside behind the defence

Walcott,Reyes, that kind of player

top player, id imagine he would be looking for champions league football though

Pardew's comments seem to suggest that if we beat Arsenal, and move into touching distance of the Champs League places, we'll buy differently.

I guess Ashley might be prepared to sanction more spending in Jan if he feels we have a reasonable chance of the added income that the Champs League might give us.

It'll be a moot point anyway if Arsenal beat us though.

Not really sure on that to be honest - I'd get another striker I guess, just in case Cisse doesn't recover. Defence seems fine, although rightback cover for Debuchy might be worth looking into (although I guess we have Santon).

What about a playmaker to replace Cabaye? If we get one now, he can bed in/provide cover this season to ease his transition in the next.

So I guess Striker, Central playmaker. Not sure a third is needed.