Nothing to see here version 2.0

The Fish

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty well known? It wsa pretty well known last week that PSG had bid 26mil for Cabaye and we had a deal to sign Remy in the Summer. Except all that was made up

Chill out ffs. How do you know it was made up? Judge Joe on that one if Remy goes

Well... I dunno if I'd consider Moengladenbach bigger than us, although they do have CL football.

Milan sure as hell don't though.

I think he'll stay - 3 years left, we're under no pressure to sell cheap. That fact alone will probably be sufficient.

Well... I dunno if I'd consider Moengladenbach bigger than us, although they do have CL football.

Milan sure as hell don't though.

I think he'll stay - 3 years left, we're under no pressure to sell cheap. That fact alone will probably be sufficient.

I hope so as well but you never know with Ashley.

Agree entirely, but he's being bought to make a statement, not to improve the team. On the face of it, Man Utd might argue that there isn't much wrong with them once you bring Rooney and VP back. This is to bring the fans and media back on side I think; it's expensive, but he has resale potential - and they may be counting on cutting Rooney loose.

On the other hand, I don't understand this persistent blind spot on their midfield... It's subpar, apparent to everyone except Man Utd. Successive management teams at Man Utd in fact.

Agree entirely, but he's being bought to make a statement, not to improve the team. On the face of it, Man Utd might argue that there isn't much wrong with them once you bring Rooney and VP back. This is to bring the fans and media back on side I think; it's expensive, but he has resale potential - and they may be counting on cutting Rooney loose.

On the other hand, I don't understand this persistent blind spot on their midfield... It's subpar, apparent to everyone except Man Utd. Successive management teams at Man Utd in fact.

Agree entirely this deal is about the brand and keeping the marketplace onside ie make a statement etc...

Perhaps the amount we're willing to spend on him is directly linked to the amount we receive for Cisse.

Which is stupid, why can't we just take care of them separately?

Don't get me wrong - on current form I can understand why the club are willing to sell Cisse now if a good offer comes in. Another four months of said form and his value will decrease further.

On the other hand, us taking our time has meant we've blown the chance to have De Jong in the squad for Norwich and possibly Sunderland. So if Pardew wants to change things, we'll have to resort to bringing on Shola again.

Not expecting to sign anyone but if Cisse was to go and De Jong was to come in, we'd be in no better a position than we were 1st Jan.

Only a matter of time before Remy starts thinking about the WC and where he'll be playing next season. That leaves us with Shola, out of contract in the summer, as our no 1 CF.