Nothing to see here version 2.0

The Fish

Not expecting to sign anyone but if Cisse was to go and De Jong was to come in, we'd be in no better a position than we were 1st Jan.

Only a matter of time before Remy starts thinking about the WC and where he'll be playing next season. That leaves us with Shola, out of contract in the summer, as our no 1 CF.

Given that Cisse's forgotten how to score I cant see it being a big problem. The big problem for me as I've said in a previous post would be the departure of Remy (11 goals) & Cabaye (7 goals)

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that Cisse's forgotten how to score I cant see it being a big problem. The big problem for me as I've said in a previous post would be the departure of Remy (11 goals) & Cabaye (7 goals)

That's a fair point - we'd need to sort that out quickly.

Yes, but Remy can't go anywhere this window. Cabaye seems to be the only 'asset' that looks to be going. I can see Remy playing out the last 10 or so games not really giving a toss tho.

Shame that we've just turfed Cisse out after he was roundly ruined by Pardew's tactics last season. Leaves us in the shit if Remy goes down with a lengthy injury and rather than try and get him back into scoring form by playing to his strengths, we'll just try and make some money back off him. If he wants to go then, fair enough but I bet they're glad to see the back of him rather than working with him to improve his form.

Remy will have to perform all season if he wants to go to Brazil and keep better teams in the hunt for him. As soon as he started finding form, it was obvious that this would be the only year we'd have him since he's much too good to be leading our line. The same goes for Cabaye and tbh, it's not that we're a bad side, it's just they're players who are coming to the age where they'll be wanting their best years at a club where they can win trophies and they're both good enough to do it. Shame but we'll live.

When we're left with no strikers in June, at least then we know they'll be forced to sign some.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

Shame that we've just turfed Cisse out after he was roundly ruined by Pardew's tactics last season. Leaves us in the shit if Remy goes down with a lengthy injury and rather than try and get him back into scoring form by playing to his strengths, we'll just try and make some money back off him. If he wants to go then, fair enough but I bet they're glad to see the back of him rather than working with him to improve his form.

Remy will have to perform all season if he wants to go to Brazil and keep better teams in the hunt for him. As soon as he started finding form, it was obvious that this would be the only year we'd have him since he's much too good to be leading our line. The same goes for Cabaye and tbh, it's not that we're a bad side, it's just they're players who are coming to the age where they'll be wanting their best years at a club where they can win trophies and they're both good enough to do it. Shame but we'll live.

When we're left with no strikers in June, at least then we know they'll be forced to sign some.

:good:

and he was still top scorer, still making his runs in the last minute of injury time, still hoping for an all-too-rare pass even at that stage of games...without that we'd have been Bournemouth and Yeovil this season. Cisse could still be leading the line for us this season iyam.

Pardew will be humilitated yet again by the fat man if Cisse is allowed to leave and no one comes in next week. He'll take it on the chin of course. He always fuckin does.

Seen the Montpellier manager has had a dig at us now saying something along the lines of newcastle isn't the club for cabella, if he improves aspects he'll go to Tottenham or Chelsea in 6 months.

:lol: What have we done to this lot? They can't resent us this much over losing MYM, unless we fucked them over in some way.

Has he just said that now?

Just wondering if that's the chain of events happening behind the scenes - Cabaye is getting ready to move and we've got Cabella on standby. And Montpellier want to keep him if they can.

This guy is trying to get him to stay until summer so as not to suffer in his attempt to keep Montpellier up I reckon. I sympathise with that, he's basically doing what we'd want Pardew to do about Cabaye - but if he loses Cabella now, he can blame PSG.

£14m offer from PSG, Cabella a no go until summer (at which point he probably would go to Spurs or a more fashionable club) and his club have a major chip against us, plus De Jong claims he's not had any offers - big Joe's working his magic again this window :D

I reckon our transfers are like a house of cards - if someone goes, everything will start happening. We're just playing a waiting game.

Or at least I hope that's what they're doing, and not just sitting there with their thumbs up their arses.

EDIT - I was going to correct 'house of cards' for dominoes, but then I thought about it a bit more and realised that an inevitable, messy collapse that no one has any real control over is exactly how it'd happen at this club.

Edited by Rayvin

I reckon our transfers are like a house of cards - if someone goes, everything will start happening. We're just playing a waiting game.

Or at least I hope that's what they're doing, and not just sitting there with their thumbs up their arses.

EDIT - I was going to correct 'house of cards' for dominoes, but then I thought about it a bit more and realised that an inevitable, messy collapse that no one has any real control over is exactly how it'd happen at this club.

There's a list of 3 poss replacements for every first team player.

At least we've got Kinnear, with all his contacts, on the case. He'll be on the blower to Fergie and Wenger later. He can pick up the phone any time of the day tbf

If there's genuine transfer business to be done, I expect they send him off to scout a random player in scandinavia.

"Ere Mike, I aint seen no-one worth buyin' but all the birds 'ere 'ave got blond 'air and lavvly tits…."