Nothing to see here version 2.0

The Fish

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are any of us surprised? Over the next few days we'll get the same old "well, we tried to get people in but their values were inflated and we wouldn't be held to ransom, and its so hard to get people over the line these days, but look, we have Dan Gosling. He'll be like a new signing."

It's obvious at this point, what Ashley's business plan is. The thought of Europe scares the bollocks off him. That means putting the premiership status at risk. Same goes for the cups. If we have a sniff of success, its going to be sabotaged, because the premiership TV money is what he is after. Nice. Safe. Profitable.

He's not going to sell up. Why the hell would he? He can make money hand over fist and wind up the fans that rejected him. We'll just tick over, selling our best players and he'll jab those pudgy digits at the self destruct button any time we look like overachieving. God it's depressing, and its all become horribly predictable. I'll watch the derby game tomorrow, but I am very close to conceding defeat. Ashley has managed to turn my passion for this club into apathy, and I honestly can't see anything on the horizon that indicates hope for improvement.

I need a drink. And another sport to watch. How are we doing in the cricket these days?

Don't worry, CT and BigWalrus will soon be along to tell us what good business all of this was and how pushing for a European place is just not sustainable in today's Premier League or some such other utter bullshit.

We finished 5th on minimal outlay in 2012. We weakened the squad in the subsequent transfer window. That tells you all that needs to be told about Mike Ashley's plan for this club. The only progress we're making is on the balance sheet.

They better do something this summer because not only will it catch up with us eventually, but I can't see HBA and others wanting to stay that much longer. Next summer transfer period is crucial for the long term health of the club, imo.

I don't care that I'm stating the obvious, but as a fan, I'm concerned greatly that management think they're doing a great job keeping costs down and still maintaining a healthy position in the standings. Fuck off. We want better.

Another hard month's work by the club management.

I suppose it was stupid to get my hopes up again, you'd think selling your best player might spark the club into actually doing a bit of work. But no.

The club only ever wanted de jong. Mental really. Only bright side is Pardew will play HBA in the No10 role, Remy out wide and de jong upfront, which is a better starting 11. We're screwed if we pick up an injury. I maybe naively expect a few "purple" signings in the summer. Lyon are massively in debt, so will come back cap in hand, also the cambella agreement - whatever that means.

Edited by Phil

• 4 weeks later...