Ant

World Cup 2014

The World Cup is just a disgrace nowadays tbh.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04655bf

Brasil paid hundreds of millions to put on this sporting event yet child prostitution and drug taking are rife with no money spent on vital infrastructure because it is spent on the world cup.

I would love to buy a huge dildo stick it up Sepp Blatters arse and then ram it down his throat til he choked to death on his own shit.

Or am I being a tad judgmental?

Just thought i'd share my pet theory: It was Sepp Blatter that was behind the leaked emails to the Sunday Times.

Sounds ridiculous, here are my reasons. The shit was hitting the fan about Qatar anyway. Blatter however publicly backed the US bid for 2022, the one person who backed Qatar publicly is the one person who threatens Blatter at the next FIFA Presidential elections, Platini. In fact, now that Qatar, Platini and the French in general are seen in the same cosy political bed, the increase in controversy surrounding the award of the tournament to Qatar only serves to undermine Platini. Blatter isnt going to get covered in glory from further controversy about Qatar as he is the President but the 'buck stopping with the man in charge' is not exactly how FIFA works. Given its accountability structures, he can survive scandals as he has done before. Also (and i think the most tellingly), Blatter made a public pronouncement about Qatar that distanced himself from their bid to host the cup, saying it was a mistake. There was no pressure on Blatter to make this statement (well none more than normal, he does what the fuck he wants) so the timing of it is odd. The man is a black belt in the dark arts of Machiavelli, the only way he comes out with a statement that damages his organisation is if its pre-meditated for his own gain.

I think he publicly distanced himself from Qatar knowing that these emails would be coming out as this has allowed him to ramp up the pressure on Platini and weaken him for the next election. He chose the British press as he has sense of irony being a massive cunt and knowing it. He can survive the scandal as its 'just the British press, Bin Hamman is already digraced and the people who look really bad are the ones who voted for Qatar'.

Very accurate so far.

Read yesterday that Switzerland were 6th in the FIFA World Rankings. :lol:

Is that just because FIFA is based there, or have they been genuinely been playing mint? I know those rankings mean fuck all btw.

Edited by ADP

Fifa will rule on the validity of the bidding for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups in September or October.

At that point, the president of football's world governing body said, the "matter will be closed".

:lol: i.e. We'll wait for the outcome of the independent report and then continue with the WC in Qatar.

I thought it had been well established we're racists in the Shola thread.

I'm confused though, I might email Sepp, asking how come we didn't kick off when the Nig Nogs had it in 2010, but we do with the Ragheads?

aye, really enjoying his show tbh it's worth watching/downloading every week

Yeah, it'll be bang up your street, HF.

I've probably seen most of the series in Youtube clips so far :thumbup:

I've scaled back my TV package this week and lost The Daily Show (Comedy Central) so I'm going to have to get my fix of both via alternative means.