Swansea city v Newcastle united

desmondTUTU

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We lost to some average teams by pretty big margins when we finished 5th didnt we?

Lets hope its an omen.

To be fair their second was very jammy, and naturally at 2-0 down heads drop and it's made more and more likely that the winning team can go on to grab another.

Two penalty shouts that could easily have been given, a player of theirs that should have been sent off. It could have been very different. As it was we were mostly poor, they weren't great but had some good movement and passing.

Shelvey's defense for the headbutt is laughable. That's one of the most ordinary home team refereeing efforts I've seen in some time which is surprising given that the crowd were so flat and lifeless.

Debuchy was our best, unlucky to 'score' the own goal. Krul looked highly shaky and a number of other players failed to have any positive impact. We're due some changes to come into the side, even in the run of wins we've rarely been convincing. All in all totally classic Newcastle.

FFS, Obertan. What a sham of a fucking man.

I thought the same, but on review it was a really poor pass. Still, Obertan didn't do well with it, but Sissoko has to share some of the blame.

I think Obertan had more than enough to have got it under control properly mind. He's barely played & he's a confidence player. Can't see where that confidence is going to come from unless Pardew drugs him.

Howard Webb wants sacking by the way.

Thought Sissoko and Cabaye were pretty poor but we still carried the greater threat up to half-time and into second half. Krull mare for their first (and should have done better for the third)less said about Webb the better. We were poor, but not 3 goals worse by any stretch IMO

N-O is in meltdown :-) Wish I owned a cyber pitchfork and torches store.

Edited by Toonpack

I think Obertan had more than enough to have got it under control properly mind. He's barely played & he's a confidence player. Can't see where that confidence is going to come from unless Pardew drugs him.

Howard Webb wants sacking by the way.

Webb needs shooting not sacking.

Obertan is completely hopeless. Sammy cant be worse. Might as well let him have a go.

We seem to be saying this every game but Sissoko's final ball is very often woeful. You'd be hopeful given his age he'd be able to work on it but with our coaching staff I dont know.

We seem to be saying this every game but Sissoko's final ball is very often woeful. You'd be hopeful given his age he'd be able to work on it but with our coaching staff I dont know.

There was one stage where Remy was unmarked on the edge of the box but Sissoko's errant pass allowed the defender to intercept. It was by no means a difficult pass.

Inconsistent sums up most aspects of his of his game excluding his inconsistency. The highs are very high, but the lows are almost equally low.

Thought Sissoko and Cabaye were pretty poor but we still carried the greater threat up to half-time and into second half. Krull mare for their first (and should have done better for the third)less said about Webb the better. We were poor, but not 3 goals worse by any stretch IMON-O is in meltdown :-) Wish I owned a cyber pitchfork and torches store.

That place is basically a coven of the worlds worst cunts. "I HATE PARDEW MORE THAN YOU DO, NO HONESTLY I DO!!!!!"

That doesn't include Parky & HF, voices of sanity on there :D

Seen worse than last night, seen better. Under the current regime were a midtable side at best, NO know this but can't accept that nothing will change until there's change at the top. Hating Pardew is childishly stupid and misses the point by a galactic mile.

Does it fuck miss the point like. Just because we know nothing will change until Ashley leaves doesn't mean Pardew shouldn't be given an easy ride either. Especially with his "that win was for Mike" patter.

Does it fuck miss the point like. Just because we know nothing will change until Ashley leaves doesn't mean Pardew shouldn't be given an easy ride either. Especially with his "that win was for Mike" patter.

That's a bit contradictory though... Why waste time having a go at the weak,limited and ineffectual manager when as long as were midtable he's no chance of getting the sack? By all means post what you like if it makes you feel better, but we all know the root cause of the issues at the club and he's going nowhere. NO has a near 30k thread on Pardew, the Ashley thread had about a quarter of that number of posts. Should be the other way around iyam.

It's a football forum though so people are going to talk more about the football side of things and disect them a lot more. That's what everybody is here for as well isn't it?

Well yeah, I've no problem with this place as the balance is a lot better between assessing an individual game and what patterns can be established over a season or 3. And this place doesn't remind me of "lord of the flies" neither, fuckin NO does.

I don't think we played badly at all last night until the second goal went in. We let them play their little ineffectual passes in front of us while we looked far more threatening. You could see a goal coming just before half time though when we couldn't get the ball to stick at all.

How the first penalty claim wasn't given I'll never know and the push on Gouf seemed pretty blatent too.

We completely ran out of steam after the second though.

It was always going to happen though. It's extremely difficult to win four in a row in this league let alone five. No doubt we'll be on two losses in a row by Saturday afternoon and we'll have a league position much closer to where we really should be with this squad.

The reaction on NO is because its full of know-all self-righteous cock ends whose egos have been massively dinted by the November run of form. If we'd won 2 and lost 2, the reaction would have been far more muted. Its just the pent up frustration of knowing you are right but events dont back you up. For over a month. When you claimed you were so right. And that anyone who thought differently was a wum. And incorrect.

That level of self-certainty takes the hit it has done, its all going to come flooding out the minute the narrative is back on track.

PL is spot on about the mis-placed criticism. Southampton lost at home against a worse team than Swansea, Man U lose at home, Spurs struggle past an inept Fulham. Us losing last night does not undo the good work we have done in the last month.

Everton are the only team ahead of us who do not have a resource 'advantage' over us. At present, this season, from a footballing perspective, things are going very well. Maybe its my age and the inability to accept stupidity anymore, i dont know.

A lot of us have forgotten that if offered a top 10 finish at the start of the season we'd have happily taken it.

There's still some stuff about Pardew that drives me crazy. And I've very little confidence in our coaching staff. But all in all they've done a good job so far this season.

Of course the moment we get a few injuries, the wheels will come off and all the shortcomings of our squad exposed. All we can do is hope we get the sort of luck with injuries we did a couple of years back.

A lot of us have forgotten that if offered a top 10 finish at the start of the season we'd have happily taken it.

There's still some stuff about Pardew that drives me crazy. And I've very little confidence in our coaching staff. But all in all they've done a good job so far this season.

Of course the moment we get a few injuries, the wheels will come off and all the shortcomings of our squad exposed. All we can do is hope we get the sort of luck with injuries we did a couple of years back.

Well (stolen from elsewhere) Since all the January French lads came in we've got 43 points from 29 league games. Equates to 56pts if you take that points rate out over a 38 game season.

We finished 5th with 56pts in 2003/04. In recent seasons, typically you can expect to finish 7th-9th if you get 56pts (HF's historical points table would confirm that/or not if I could find it).

So our shite manager (copyright N-O) is doing OK with what he has tbh

I don't think we played badly at all last night until the second goal went in. We let them play their little ineffectual passes in front of us while we looked far more threatening. You could see a goal coming just before half time though when we couldn't get the ball to stick at all.

How the first penalty claim wasn't given I'll never know and the push on Gouf seemed pretty blatent too.

We completely ran out of steam after the second though.

It was always going to happen though. It's extremely difficult to win four in a row in this league let alone five. No doubt we'll be on two losses in a row by Saturday afternoon and we'll have a league position much closer to where we really should be with this squad.

Nailed it IMO

Well (stolen from elsewhere) Since all the January French lads came in we've got 43 points from 29 league games. Equates to 56pts if you take that points rate out over a 38 game season.

We finished 5th with 56pts in 2003/04. In recent seasons, typically you can expect to finish 7th-9th if you get 56pts (HF's historical points table would confirm that/or not if I could find it).

So our shite manager (copyright N-O) is doing OK with what he has tbh

Thats pretty much what I said too.

PL is spot on about the mis-placed criticism. Southampton lost at home against a worse team than Swansea, Man U lose at home, Spurs struggle past an inept Fulham. Us losing last night does not undo the good work we have done in the last month.

Everton are the only team ahead of us who do not have a resource 'advantage' over us. At present, this season, from a footballing perspective, things are going very well. Maybe its my age and the inability to accept stupidity anymore, i dont know.

Is criticism of JFK "misplaced" too then? The players? It doesn't work like that, this is a Newcastle forum, posters will criticise everything and everyone at the club, whether you think it's stupid or not. We all know Ashley is the one to blame but that doesn't make everyone else at the club untouchable.

Regarding Pardew, I think the criticism of him on here is well-balanced most of the time. Understandably he's not everybodys favorurite (not mine either) but he's done well lately.